Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Float calculations
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Float calculations Post 302081521 by sharmavr on Wednesday 26th of July 2006 02:01:22 AM
Old 07-26-2006
Float calculations

As expr is used for integer calculations, which command is used for float calculations.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

math.h: float ceilf(float x)

Good morning, I'm testing the use of ceilf: /*Filename: str.c*/ #include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> int main (void) { float ceilf(float x); int dev=3, result=0; float tmp = 3.444f; printf("Result: %f\n",ceilf(tmp)); return 0; } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time Calculations

I'm trying to have a loop print out statistics every X number of seconds. How can I add a specific number of seconds to a time variable and make a comparison? Thanks ahead of time. For example: startTime = `date +%H%M%S` currentTime = $startTime executeTime = startTime + X # X is equal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nysif Steve
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh, calculations using bc

hi all, was wondering if there is another way to do calculations in ksh scripts other than using bc ?? i am using a script to calculate average response time and my script errors out after running for a bit. e.g code i am using : averageTime=$(print "$totalTime / $numberOfEntries" |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date Calculations

I need to be able to use the current date and calculate 7 days ago to be stored in another variable to be passed to a file in my Unix shell script. I need the date in the following format: date '+%m/%d/%Y' or 05/16/2006 How do I calculate date minus 7 days or 1 week ago? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitschcg
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculations in bash

HI i have following problem, i need to use split command to split files each should be cca 700 lines but i dont know how to inplement it in the scripts becasuse each time the origin file will be various size , any body got any idea cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with doing calculations on data

Dear All, I have a long list like this: 337 375 364 389 443 578 1001 20100 . . . . etc I would like to substract each value from the first entry which in this case is 337 and report it in a separate column. So the expected output looks like 337 0 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doing calculations with bc on one field

Hello, I have to turn: Apple Inc.:325,64:329,57 into Apple Inc.:325,64:329,57:3,93 3,93=329,57-325,64. My code: cat beurs.txt | sed 's/\(*\):\(*\),*\(*\):\(*\),\(*\)/\4\.\5-\2\.\3/' beurs.txt | bc| tr '.' ',' | sed 's/^-*,/0,/' > winstmarges.txt; paste -d: beurs.txt winstmarges.txt; rm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikke008
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with calculations

grep Quality abc.txt | awk -F"=" '{print $2}' o/p is given as 70/70 49/70 I want in the below format (percentage format) 100% 70% help me!!!!:confused::confused::confused: ---------- Post updated at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:57 AM ---------- Cell 01 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output calculations

Attached are the is original output (zipped file) and a custom file using the awk code below in which the average reads per bait are calculated (average.txt) awk '{if(len==0){last=$4;total=$6;len=1;getline}if($4!=last){printf("%s\t%f\n", last,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Loop doing calculations

Hello. I'm writing an awk script that looks at a .csv file and calculates the weighted grade for each student based on the scores and categories in the file. I am able to get the script to run the only issue however is that the same score for each student is the same. I'm self-teaching myself the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
expm1(3M)						  Mathematical Library Functions						 expm1(3M)

NAME
expm1, expm1f, expm1l - compute exponential function SYNOPSIS
c99 [ flag... ] file... -lm [ library... ] #include <math.h> double expm1(double x); float expm1f(float x); long double expm1l(long double x); DESCRIPTION
These functions compute e^x-1.0. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return e^x-1.0. If x is NaN, a NaN is returned. If x is +-0, +-0 is returned. If x is -Inf, -1 is returned. If x is +Inf, x is returned. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: Range Error The result overflows. If the integer expression (math_errhandling & MATH_ERREXCEPT) is non-zero, the overflow floating-point exception is raised. USAGE
The value of expm1(x) can be more accurate than exp(x)-1.0 for small values of x. The expm1() and log1p(3M) functions are useful for financial calculations of ((1+x)^n-1)/x, namely: expm1(n * log1p(x))/x when x is very small (for example, when performing calculations with a small daily interest rate). These functions also simplify writing accurate inverse hyperbolic functions. An application wanting to check for exceptions should call feclearexcept(FE_ALL_EXCEPT) before calling these functions. On return, if fetestexcept(FE_INVALID | FE_DIVBYZERO | FE_OVERFLOW | FE_UNDERFLOW) is non-zero, an exception has been raised. An application should either examine the return value or check the floating point exception flags to detect exceptions. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exp(3M), feclearexcept(3M), fetestexcept(3M), ilogb(3M), log1p(3M), math.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 12 Jul 2006 expm1(3M)