Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting piping oracle output to a file? Post 302081343 by satnamx on Monday 24th of July 2006 05:20:01 PM
Old 07-24-2006
Thanks!

Cheers lads! v useful tips.

I also found another way... as below.

{
echo "set pagesize 0"
echo "SELECT empno||','||ename||','||job||','||mgr||hiredate||','||sal||','||comm||','||deptno "\
"FROM emp;"
} | sqlplus -s $username/$password@$database >> $root_dir/$csv_file1

Kind Regards

Satnam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping output to while read

Hi. Im using cat to output the contents of a file, then piping it to my while read loop.In this loop variables get assigned values. However when i try to use the variables outside the loop their values has been reset.I understand about subshells etc. but I have no idea how to "preserve" the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultimodiablo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

piping the output of find command to grep

Hi, I did not understand why the following did not work out as I expected: find . -name "pqp.txt" | grep -v "Permission" I thought I would be able to catch whichever paths containing my pqp.txt file without receiving the display of messages such as "find: cannot access... Permisson... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

piping output to echo

Hi, I was wondering why ls * | echo does not print the contents of the directory to the screen? The way I see it, ls * returns a whole lot of information, and then we pipe all this info to echo, so surely it should all come to our screen! Is there a serious flaw in my understanding? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A1977
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

piping output of tail running in background

Not sure why this does not work in bash: tail -f err.log |& -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `&' I am attempting to continuously read a file that is being updated by doing a "tail -f" on the file and piping the output to stdin which can then be read by the next shell command Thnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuramdas
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

piping output from PHP file into variable

Hi. I have a script like so: #!/bin/bash download='php /var/www/last.php' echo $download if $downloadHow do I pipe the output of the php file into a variable, as when i run the if statement, it just echos the file output to the screen and does not actually consider the output (it will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daydreamer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping and assigning output to a variable in Perl

Hi All, I am trying to convert the below Csh code into Perl. But i have the following error. Can any expert help ? Error: ls: *tac: No such file or directory Csh set $ST_file = `ls -rt *$testid*st*|tail -1`; Perl my $ST_file = `ls -rt *$testid*st*|tail -1`; (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
10 Replies

7. Fedora

Piping output of "top" to a text file

I would like to pipe "top -n" to a text file, but I get an error: top: cannot open /dev/kmem kvm_open: Permission denied I am a non-root user. If I could find a way to get this type of output: "Memory: 2048M real, 1516M free, 4099M swap free" into a text file, I could further automate... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: safraser
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help piping the output from an app... uh, yeah...

Ok, so there is a perl script that runs as a server, on my local host. It tells me which port to use. I want to pipe that output into my browser so I can do the whole thing with a single command. The problem is, I think, that the program doesn't actually exit cause it's running a server, so...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjaaron
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping output of ls to a text file

Basically I was wondering if any of you know how to pipe the output of ls to a text file? so in my shell script one of the lines is ls but i want to pipe it into a file called directory listing. Cheers. I have tried ls | Directorylisting.txt but it keeps saying " line 7: DirectoryListing.txt:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxNubBrah
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Abnormality while piping tr command output to sed

i have a file seperated each line seperated by newline. For example alpha beta gamma i am trying to replace the newlines to "," but dont want , present at the end of the line so i am trying the below one liner . but not sure whats wrong but its not working cat myfile | tr -s '\n' ',' | sed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies
OCI_NEW_CURSOR(3)														 OCI_NEW_CURSOR(3)

oci_new_cursor - Allocates and returns a new cursor (statement handle)

SYNOPSIS
resource oci_new_cursor (resource $connection) DESCRIPTION
Allocates a new statement handle on the specified connection. PARAMETERS
o $connection - An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3) or oci_pconnect(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns a new statement handle, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Binding a REF CURSOR in an Oracle stored procedure call <?php // Precreate: // create or replace procedure myproc(myrc out sys_refcursor) as // begin // open myrc for select first_name from employees; // end; $conn = oci_connect("hr", "hrpwd", "localhost/XE"); if (!$conn) { $m = oci_error(); trigger_error(htmlentities($m['message']), E_USER_ERROR); } $curs = oci_new_cursor($conn); $stid = oci_parse($conn, "begin myproc(:cursbv); end;"); oci_bind_by_name($stid, ":cursbv", $curs, -1, OCI_B_CURSOR); oci_execute($stid); oci_execute($curs); // Execute the REF CURSOR like a normal statement id while (($row = oci_fetch_array($curs, OCI_ASSOC+OCI_RETURN_NULLS)) != false) { echo $row['FIRST_NAME'] . "<br /> "; } oci_free_statement($stid); oci_free_statement($curs); oci_close($conn); ?> NOTES
Note In PHP versions before 5.0.0 you must use ocinewcursor(3) instead. This name still can be used, it was left as alias of oci_new_cursor(3) for downwards compatability. This, however, is deprecated and not recommended. PHP Documentation Group OCI_NEW_CURSOR(3)