Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: regarding linux
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo regarding linux Post 302081291 by Hitori on Monday 24th of July 2006 10:48:49 AM
Old 07-24-2006
I must warn that gentoo is too difficult for intermediate users

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
ktkt_warnd(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            ktkt_warnd(1M)

NAME
ktkt_warnd - Kerberos warning daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/krb5/ktkt_warnd DESCRIPTION
ktkt_warnd is a daemon on Kerberos clients that can warn users when their Kerberos tickets are about to expire. It is invoked by inetd when a ticket-granting ticket (TGT) is obtained for the first time, such as after using the kinit command. ktkt_warnd can be configured through the /etc/krb5/warn.conf file on the client. In warn.conf, you can specify that you be supplied notice, through syslog, of ticket expira- tion. FILES
/etc/krb5/warn.conf Kerberos warning configuration file SEE ALSO
svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), warn.conf(4), smf(5), SEAM(5) NOTES
The ktkt_warnd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/security/ktkt_warn:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 4 Nov 2004 ktkt_warnd(1M)