Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: combine two vg spaces
Operating Systems AIX combine two vg spaces Post 302081275 by fasherman on Monday 24th of July 2006 08:45:13 AM
Old 07-24-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokvance
In your post you mentioned that you were trying to combine spaces so I'm assuming that /testing1 and /testing2 are on different volume groups.

umount /testing1

varyoffvg </testing1 volume group>

exportvg </testing1 volume group>

extendvg </testing2 volume group> <hdisk(s) from /testing1 volume group>

chfs -a size='+<size of space in 512bytes>' /testing2

If you error out because your LV in /testing2 is MAX'ed out increase the MAX lv size by dividing the space from your /testing1 by the 'PP' size and increase by that amount.
That doesn't combine them, that deletes /testing1 completely and just extends the size of /testing2! Thats not what he's asking for and it results in complete data loss!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip leading and trailing spaces only in a shell variable with embedded spaces

I am trying to strip all leading and trailing spaces of a shell variable using either awk or sed or any other utility, however unscuccessful and need your help. echo $SH_VAR | command_line Syntax. The SH_VAR contains embedded spaces which needs to be preserved. I need only for the leading and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to append spaces(say 10 spaces) at the end of each line based on the length of th

Hi, I have a problem where I need to append few spaces(say 10 spaces) for each line in a file whose length is say(100 chars) and others leave as it is. I tried to find the length of each line and then if the length is say 100 chars then tried to write those lines into another file and use a sed... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
17 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine commands

Hi, i tried to combine grep with find and it didnt work grep 'find dirname filename" i also would like that the file will be sorted in the way. thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spoiler
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine

Hi I am having text file like this 001|ramu|hno221|>< sheshadripuram|delhi|560061>< 002|krishna|hno225|>< newdelhimain|delhi|560061>< i want to combine every two lines as single...line... i.e 001|ramu|hno221|sheshadripuram|delhi|560061 can u pls help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine

Dear all i am having text file like xxx|yyy|1|2| zzz|rrr|3|4| www|xxx|>< 5|6|>< jjj|kkk|>< 8|9>< i want to join two lines which are having ' >< ' by taking only two lines at a stretch ...using awk command the result output should be xxx|yyy|1|2| zzz|rrr|3|4| www|xxx|5|6|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine awk and tr -d

Hi Everyone, awk 'BEGIN{print strftime("%c",1272814948)}' | tr -d '\n' how to change tr -d '\n' to be part of the awk? means awk this pchoh time, and awk also remove '\n', instead of using "|" to combine "tr" command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Columns

Input NJ090237_0263_GRP,NJ090237_0263_VIEW,NJ090237_0263_PSGRP,NJ090237_0263_GOLD_CSGRP,06E:0_08E:0_09E:0_11E:0,0CE5 NJ090237_0264_GRP,NJ090237_0263_VIEW,NJ090237_0264_PSGRP,NJ090237_0263_GOLD_CSGRP,06E:0_08E:0_09E:0_11E:0,0CE5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can I combine below mentioned grep commands using OR (when searching strings having spaces)

Command 1: $script | grep 'Write to ECC( SSID=MARGIN)' Command 2: $script | grep 'is not greater than existing logical processing' The above commands run my script and search the mentioned strings but I do not want to run my script twice. It is increasing run time. Can someone tell me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Combine two arrays. for in for ?..

Hello all, I have 2 very long list of elements. f.e.: List 1 1 2 3 4 5 List 2 a b c How can I combine the two with other. Like this: 1 a 1 b 1 c 2 a 2 b 2 c 3 a etc. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrAibo
21 Replies
VOS_SIZE(1)						       AFS Command Reference						       VOS_SIZE(1)

NAME
vos_size - Computes the size of a volume dump SYNOPSIS
vos size [-id] <volume name or id> [-partition <partition name>] [-server <machine name>] [-dump] [-time <dump from time>] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-verbose] [-encrypt] [-noresolve] [-help] vos si [-i] <volume name or id> [-p <partition name>] [-s <machine name>] [-d] [-t <dump from time>] [-c <cell name>] [-no] [-l] [-v] [-e] [-nor] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The vos size command shows the size of a volume's dump for backup purposes. The size of the dump may differ from the volume size as reported by vos examine or fs listquota. The size is shown in bytes. This command is intended for use with backup systems that want to size volume dumps before performing them (to optimize use of tape resources, for example). OPTIONS
-id <volume name or id> Specifies either the complete name or volume ID number of the read/write, read-only, or backup volume to size. -partition <partition name> Specifies the partition on which the volume resides. Provide the -server argument along with this one. -server <machine name> Specifies the file server machine on which the volume resides. Provide the -partition argument along with this one. -dump Show the size of the volume dump for the specified volume. Currently, this flag should always be given for vos size to give useful information. It is present to allow this command to provide other size estimates in the future. -time <dump from time> Specifies whether the dump is full or incremental. Omit this argument to size a full dump. See vos_dump(1) for the valid values for this option. -cell <cell name> The cell in which the volume resides, if it's not in the current cell. -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see vos(1). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The vos command interpreter presents it to the Volume Server and Volume Location Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument or -noauth flag. For more details, see vos(1). -verbose Show more output about what's going on. -encrypt Encrypts the command so that the operation's results are not transmitted across the network in clear text. This option is available in OpenAFS versions 1.4.11 or later and 1.5.60 or later. -noresolve Shows all servers as IP addresses instead of the DNS name. This is very useful when the server address is registered as 127.0.0.1 or when dealing with multi-homed servers. This option is available in OpenAFS versions 1.4.8 or later and 1.5.35 or later. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
When run without -verbose, the output will be: Volume: <volume> dump_size: <size> where <volume> is the name of the volume and <size> is the size of the dump in bytes. With -verbose, additional status messages will be printed between those two lines. EXAMPLES
Sizing a single user volume: % vos size user.thoron -dump Volume: user.thoron dump_size: 36430 or, more verbosely: % vos size user.thoron -dump -verbose Volume: user.thoron Starting transaction on volume 2003434023... done Getting size of volume on volume 2003434023... done Ending transaction on volume 2003434023... done dump_size: 36430 Sizing an incremental dump for the same volume: % vos size -id user.thoron -time '05/04/2007 00:00:00' -dump Volume: user.thoron dump_size: 21095 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine specified with the -server argument or the machine on which the volume is located if -server was not given. If the -localauth flag is included, the issuer must instead be logged on to a server machine as the local superuser "root". SEE ALSO
fs_listquota(1), vos_dump(1), vos_examine(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 VOS_SIZE(1)