Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk an file size
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk an file size Post 302081226 by tayyabq8 on Monday 24th of July 2006 03:58:24 AM
Old 07-24-2006
If someone has already answered your query, then why you started a new thread? You should have posted in the same thread. Try this:
Code:
x=`ls -la  "$F" | awk '{len = length($5) > len ? length($5) : len ; arr[NR] = $5 }END{ for ( a = 1; a <= NR; a++ ) { printf "%"len"s\n" , arr[a]}}'`

Regards,
Tayyab

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file size limit

My code is awk '{ out=split(FILENAME,a,"/") sub(/\./,"_",a) sub(/\-/,"_",a) NEWSTRING="main_"a"_"a"(" # The word we want to insert gsub(/main\(/,NEWSTRING); # the word to be replaced print "Main becomes ",NEWSTRING")","in file ",FILENAME >> "/home/ds2/test/NEW2.txt" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senior_ahmed
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Size calculation with AWK

Hello Friends, Im calculating file sizes with below AWK script. I do this before some spesific files are transferred. I run the script it works but after several running it stuck with a limit of 2147483647 (2 Gbytes -1 byte) and cant exceed this. Something is wrong and I can't proceed, would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk awk: program limit exceeded: sprintf buffer size=1020

Hi I have many problems with a script. I have a script that formats a text file but always prints the same error when i try to execute it The code is that: { if (NF==17){ print $0 }else{ fields=NF; all=$0; while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fate
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Implement in one line sed or awk having no delimiter and file size is huge

I have file which contains around 5000 lines. The lines are fixed legth but having no delimiter.Each line line contains nearly 3000 characters. I want to delete the lines a> if it starts with 1 and if 576th postion is a digit i,e 0-9 or b> if it starts with 0 or 9(i,e header and footer) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file size difference in two files using awk

Hi, Could anyone help me to solve this problem? I have two files "f1" and "f2" having 2 fields in each, a) file size and b) file name. The data are almost same in both the files except for few and new additional lines. Now, I have to find out and print the output as, the difference in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file size and send email only if size > 0.

Hi Experts, I have a script like $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password # << ENDSQL set pagesize 0 trim on feedback off verify off echo off newp none timing off set serveroutput on set heading off spool Schemaerrtmp.txt select ' TIMESTAMP COMPUTER NAME ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies
PCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PCLOCK(1)

NAME
pclock - pixmap clock SYNOPSIS
pclock [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pclock command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. pclock is a program that places a small analog clock program on the desktop of X. It was designed to run under the WindowMaker window man- ager. It uses any 64x64 pixmap as a background. OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-') and short optoins starting with one dash. A summary of options is included below. -B PIXMAP, --background=PIXMAP Use the given pixmap as the clock background (size must be 64x64). -H COLOR, --hands-color=COLOR Draw the hands (hour, minute and second) in the specified color. -S COLOR, --second-hand-color Draw the second hand in the specified color -h, --help Show summary of options. --hour-hand-length=INT Draw the hour hand with the specified length of INT. --minute-hand-length=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-length=INT Draw the second hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-width=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified width of INT. -s, --second-hand Don't display the second hand. -v, --version Show version of program. -w, --withdrawn Don't start up in a withdrawn (iconic) state. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Darren Benham <gecko@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). The soft- ware is copyrighted (c) 1998 by and released under the GPL v2. Author: Alexander Kourakos <Alexander@Kourakos.com> Web: http://www.kourakos.com/~awk/pclock/ PCLOCK(1)