Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 80 bytes per line ???
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 80 bytes per line ??? Post 302081215 by u263066 on Monday 24th of July 2006 02:46:55 AM
Old 07-24-2006
Unix Format Issue

I am creating ASCII file from Oracle procedure into Unix box.

Quote:
The ASCII file would have a complete string with more that 50K bytes.

I want this ASCII file should has 80 bytes per line,with NO CRLF.
I undertstand there is NO CRLF as I am writing it into one complete string .. but need to know what is best way to format the file with 80bytes per line only before handing over to another program.

Thanks in advance
regards
anan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first N bytes and last N bytes from a binary file on AIX.

Hi all, Does anybody know or guide me on how to remove the first N bytes and the last N bytes from a binary file? Is there any AWK or SED or any command that I can use to achieve this? Your help is greatly appreciated!! Best Regards, Naveen. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveendronavall
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files with zero bytes

Hi All, I want to find zero byte files in the given folder for the given day. I know we can use find . -size 0 -mtime 0 But is there an option for file creation.? ls -lart | grep ' 0 Apr 24' will also work. Also is there any alternative using awk ? I want to know how to use awk in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture first N Bytes from first line in a file

Hi Guyz, I need to capture first N Bytes from the first line of my file. Eg. If i have following data in File1 414d51204541495052475731202020204a910846230e420c Hello 3621363663212 Help Required Then, i want the value of first 48 Bytes to be stored in a variable. That is, variable... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DTechBuddy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted(tried to allocate 401 bytes)

While running script I am getting an error like Few lines in data are not being processed. After googling it I came to know that adding such line would give some memory to it ini_set("memory_limit","64M"); my input file size is 1 GB. Is that memory limit is based on RAM we have on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
1 Replies

5. Programming

Copying 1024 bytes data in 3-bytes chunk

Hi, If I want to copy a 1024 byte data stream in to the target location in 3-bytes chunk, I guess I can use the following script. dd bs=1024 count=3 if=/src of=/dest But, I would like to know, how to do it via a C program. I have tried this with memcpy(), that did not help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Input line Cannot be longer than 3,000 bytes.

Guys, I want to get the high CPU utilization from top. I am using below code : top -d2 >> /home/dba_monitoring/host_top_output.txt echo "Script started `date`" > $runlog usage=`grep "^ *$1" /home/dba_monitoring/host_top_output.txt | awk '{print $12}' | sed 's/%//'` And getting below... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahab
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X bytes of 0, Y bytes of random data, Z bytes of 5, T bytes of 1. ??

Hello guys. I really hope someone will help me with this one.. So, I have to write this script who: - creates a file home/student/vmdisk of 10 mb - formats that file to ext3 - mounts that partition to /mnt/partition - creates a file /mnt/partition/data. In this file, there will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: razolo13
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - entered input(1-40 bytes) needs to be converted exactly 40 bytes

hello, suppose, entered input is of 1-40 bytes, i need it to be converted to 40 bytes exactly. example: if i have entered my name anywhere between 1-40 i want it to be stored with 40 bytes exactly. enter your name: donald duck (this is of 11 bytes) expected is as below - display 11... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shravan.300
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get file's first x bytes

is there a better way to do this: head -c 10000k /var/dump.log | head -c 6000k unfortunately, the "-c" option is not available on sun solaris. so i'm looking at "dd". but i dont know how to use it to achieve the same exact goal as the above head command. this needs to work on both solaris... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

10. Programming

Best way to axe N bytes from the right?

say that i have strings that end in "text" foo.9.text, bar.10.text, baz.11.text and i want a C function to chop off the last four characters and replace each string with a '\0'; obviously with error-checking. Any ideas? TIA! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Kline
7 Replies
srec_ti_tagged(5)						File Formats Manual						 srec_ti_tagged(5)

NAME
srec_ti_tagged - Texas Instruments Tagged (SDSMAC) file format DESCRIPTION
This format is also known as the TI-Tagged or TI-SDSMAC format. This format allows binary files to be uploaded and downloaded between two computer systems, typically between a computer system (such as a PC, Macintosh, or workstation) and an emulator or evaluation board for microcontrollers and microprocessors. The Lines Unlike many other object formats, the lines themselves are not especially significant. The format consits of a number of tagged fields, and lines are composed of a series of these fields. Tag Description ------------------------------------- * Data byte. : End of file. 0 File header (optional). 7 Checksum. 8 Dummy checksum (ignored). 9 Address. B Data word. F End of data record. K Program identifier (optional). Data Byte +--+---+---+ |B | n | n | One byte of data. The nn is 8-bit big-endian hexadecimal. +--+---+---+ End of File +--+------+ |: | CRLF | The end of data is indicated by this tag. The end of line sequence+(LF-on+Unix systems, CRLF on PCs) follows this tag. File Header +--+--------+----------+ |0 | length | filename | The optional start-of-file record begins with a tag character-('0')-and-a-12-character file header. The first four characters are the byte count of the file data. The remaining 8 characters are the name of the file and may be any ASCII characters, blank padded. Checksum +--+---+---+---+---+ |7 | n | n | n | n | The checksum is the 2s complement sum of the 8-bit ASCII values+of-characters,-beginning with the first tag character and ending with the checksum tag character (7). The nnnn is 16-bit big-endian hexadecimal. Dummy Checksum +--+---+---+---+---+ |8 | n | n | n | n | The checksum is the 2s complement sum of the 8-bit ASCII values-of-characters, beginning with the first tag character and ending with the checksum tag character (8). The nnnn is 16-bit big-endian hexadecimal. Address +--+---+---+---+---+ |9 | n | n | n | n | Addresses may be given for any data byte, but none is mandatory.--The-file-begins at 0000 if no address is given before the first data field. The nnnn is 16-bit big-endian hexadecimal. Data Word +--+---+---+---+---+ |B | a | a | b | b | Two bytes of data. The aa and bb are each 8-bit big-endian hexadecimal.---+---+ End of Record +--+------+ |F | CRLF | The end of line sequence (LF on Unix systems, CRLF on PCs) is escaped-using this tag. The checksum is reset to zero at this point. Program Identifier +--+---+---+---+---+------+ |K | n | n | n | n | text | The program identifier can contain a brief description-of+the+program,-or-can be empty (i.e. the text portion is optional). The nnnn length (hex) of the field includes the `K', the length and the text; it is at least 5. Size Multiplier In general, binary data will expand in sized by approximately 2.9 times when represented with this format. EXAMPLE
Here is an example TI-Tagged file. It contains the data "Hello, World[rq] to be loaded at address 0x0100. K000590080B4865B6C6CB6F2CB2057B6F72B6C64*0A7F648F : and here is another example from the reference below 00050 7FDD4F 90000BFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFF7F400F 90010BFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFF7F3FFF 90020BFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFF7F3FEF 90030BFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFF7F3FDF 90040BFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFFBFFFF7F3FCF : SEE ALSO
http://www.dataio.com/pdf/Manuals/Unifamily/981-0014-016.pdf (page 6-33) COPYRIGHT
srec_cat version 1.58 Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Peter Miller The srec_cat program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. This is free software and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. AUTHOR
Peter Miller E-Mail: pmiller@opensource.org.au //* WWW: http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/ Reference Manual SRecord srec_ti_tagged(5)