Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help to execute programs in sequence through batch Post 302081118 by Hitori on Saturday 22nd of July 2006 08:27:33 AM
Old 07-22-2006
general syntax is
$ (command1; command2) &
i.e.
Code:
$ (stsrun -v devel area1.exp; stsrun -v devel prime1.exp; stsrun -v devel treat.exp) &

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AT command to batch execute every x hours

I want to schedule a batch job (SQL)to run every 6 hours in Unix and the AT command syntax does not seem to cover this. I have created a file ncd_rpt in the directory report and have given the command in this file. at -f /report/ncd_rpt 1:00 am tomorrow I schedule this by running sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveen79
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute multiple(batch) oracle script in unix mechine

Hi All, How to run multiple oracle script in unix at-a-time.I appriciate if any send the script for me. Regards, Ravi kumar.Gongati (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi gongati
2 Replies

3. AIX

Execute "telinit q" while programs are running ?

Hi, I want to make changes to inittab file and reread it using "telinit q" to make changes effective immediately. Is it safe to do that while important apps are running ? thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique batch and sequence creation

Hi Everyone, I am working on Sun solaris. I would like to know that ,do we any way to create unique batch in shell scripts.Basically i want to create a batch and want to create a sequence to process the records. Regards, gehlnar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically execute all programs in a directory

Hello. The last days I extended an open-source C++ library by some faster functions. This library provides a lot of short test programs which guarantee that the library works exactly. The compilation of each test works in a Makefile automatically. What I need is a shell script which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: max3000
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos batch script to execute unix shell script

Can anyone help me with a dos batch script to execute a shell script residing in an unix server. I am not able to use ssh. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a batch file containing ftp commands??

hi, is there a way i can execute a batch file containing ftp commands like we execute sftp batch file. sftp -b batchfile user@server > output how to create a batch file for ftp executing command and how to run the batch file from a shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch script to execute shell script in UNIX server

Hi team, My requirement is to transfer pdf files from windows machine to unix server and then from that unix server we should sftp to another server. I have completed the first part i.e From windows to using to unix server with the help of psftp.exe code: psftp user@host -pw password <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhupeshchavan
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help on how to execute several programs

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Get each of these programs to run. Prove that you've done this(use script). Give a description of each program along with sample executions. These are the exact programs we were given. 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: FaTaL
11 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Sftp batch file not able to execute

I have a windows batch file to connect from Server A (Windows) to Server B (UNIX) via sftp to get a file. The script is as below: sftpg3 -oStrictHostKeyChecking=no -oIdentityFile=EAPIINSTADM_hostnameA ftpeapsg@hostnameB lcd D:\APPBASE\EAPSG\GEMSSG get GENUOBGW1 /sftp/ftphrssg/HRSSG/EAPSG exit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: userguy
5 Replies
EXP(3)							   BSD Library Functions Manual 						    EXP(3)

NAME
exp, expf, exp2, exp2f, expm1, expm1f, -- exponential functions LIBRARY
Math Library (libm, -lm) SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double exp(double x); float expf(float x); double exp2(double x); float exp2f(float x); double expm1(double x); float expm1f(float x); DESCRIPTION
The exp() and the expf() functions compute the base e exponential value of the given argument x. The exp2(), and exp2f() functions compute the base 2 exponential of the given argument x. The expm1() and the expm1f() functions computes the value exp(x)-1 accurately even for tiny argument x. RETURN VALUES
These functions will return the appropriate computation unless an error occurs or an argument is out of range. The functions exp() and expm1() detect if the computed value will overflow, set the global variable errno to ERANGE and cause a reserved operand fault on a VAX. SEE ALSO
math(3) STANDARDS
The exp() functions conform to ANSI X3.159-1989 (``ANSI C89''). The exp2(), exp2f(), expf(), expm1(), and expm1f() functions conform to ISO/IEC 9899:1999 (``ISO C99''). HISTORY
The exp() functions appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. The expm1() function appeared in 4.3BSD. BSD
September 13, 2011 BSD