Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: regarding linux
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo regarding linux Post 302081100 by axes on Saturday 22nd of July 2006 03:56:15 AM
Old 07-22-2006
regarding linux

Hi

I want to compile some device driver programs on linux for my practice, so which linux os is most suited for doing r&d.

Thanks in advance
axes

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
SWAPLABEL(8)						       System Administration						      SWAPLABEL(8)

NAME
swaplabel - print or change the label or UUID of a swap area SYNOPSIS
swaplabel [-L label] [-U UUID] device DESCRIPTION
swaplabel will display or change the label or UUID of a swap partition located on device (or regular file). If the optional arguments -L and -U are not given, swaplabel will simply display the current swap-area label and UUID of device. If an optional argument is present, then swaplabel will change the appropriate value on device. These values can also be set during swap creation using mkswap(8). The swaplabel utility allows to change the label or UUID on an actively used swap device. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -L, --label label Specify a new label for the device. Swap partition labels can be at most 16 characters long. If label is longer than 16 charac- ters, swaplabel will truncate it and print a warning message. -U, --uuid UUID Specify a new UUID for the device. The UUID must be in the standard 8-4-4-4-12 character format, such as is output by uuidgen(1). AUTHOR
swaplabel was written by Jason Borden <jborden@bluehost.com> and Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=0xffff enables debug output. AVAILABILITY
The swaplabel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
mkswap(8), swapon(8), uuidgen(1) util-linux April 2010 SWAPLABEL(8)