Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please help!!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help!!! Post 302080875 by mhssatya on Thursday 20th of July 2006 08:58:02 PM
Old 07-20-2006
Vgresh/Reborg,

You guys are simply superb man. I bow to your UNIX skills and the integrity in which you are maintaining the site. I really appreciate your knowledge and skill set.

One more thing Reborg/Vgresh,

I am getting an error

awk: Cannot find or open file CARE01_DLY_???_20060720. I think its not taking the MKT characters in the file.

I have the file CARE01_DLY_MKT_20060720 in the directory /biddf/ab6498/dev/ctl But I don't know why this is showing as
CARE01_DLY_???_20060720. Does the pattern substitution not working in our code. Kindly suggest guys. We are almost there. Just one step away.

FC-PATTERN(1)															     FC-PATTERN(1)

NAME
fc-pattern - parse and show pattern SYNOPSIS
fc-pattern [ -cdVh ] [ --config ] [ --default ] [ [ -f format ] [ --format format ] ] [ --version ] [ --help ] [ pattern [ element... ] ] DESCRIPTION
fc-pattern parses pattern (empty pattern by default) and shows the parsed result. If --config is given, config substitution is performed on the pattern before being displayed. If --default is given, default substitution is performed on the pattern before being displayed. If any elements are specified, only those are printed. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -c Perform config substitution on pattern. -d Perform default substitution on pattern. -f Format output according to the format specifier format. -V Show version of the program and exit. -h Show summary of options. pattern Parses and displays pattern (uses empty pattern by default). element If set, the element property is displayed for parsed pattern. SEE ALSO
FcNameParse(3) FcConfigSubstitute(3) FcDefaultSubstitute(3) FcPatternPrint(3) FcPatternFormat(3) fc-cat(1) fc-cache(1) fc-list(1) fc- match(1) fc-query(1) fc-scan(1) The fontconfig user's guide, in HTML format: /usr/share/doc/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html. AUTHOR
This manual page was updated by Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@behdad.org>. Apr 20, 2010 FC-PATTERN(1)