Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Please help!!!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help!!! Post 302080840 by mhssatya on Thursday 20th of July 2006 06:10:56 PM
Old 07-20-2006
Reborg,

If I give like CARE01_DLY_???_YYYYMMDD how can the system calculate that it's todays file only. I need to make sure that that is today file.

Do i need to give this like this

awk '{data[FNR] = $0; out=CARE01_DLY_???_date+%Y%m%d"_new"; file[FNR]=out;} END { if ( FNR - 2 == $1) { for ( i=2 ; i < FNR; i++ ) { print data > file[i]} close(file[i])}else { print "error"} }' CARE01_DLY_???_date+%Y%m%d

This is not working for me. Please suggest

UNAME(1)								FSF								  UNAME(1)

NAME
uname - print system information SYNOPSIS
uname [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Print certain system information. With no OPTION, same as -s. -a, --all print all information, in the following order: -s, --kernel-name print the kernel name -n, --nodename print the network node hostname -r, --kernel-release print the kernel release -v, --kernel-version print the kernel version -m, --machine print the machine hardware name -p, --processor print the processor type -i, --hardware-platform print the hardware platform -o, --operating-system print the operating system --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for uname is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and uname programs are properly installed at your site, the command info uname should give you access to the complete manual. uname (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 UNAME(1)