Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity FTP Automation Windows <> Unix <> Remote Post 302080823 by _R3d on Thursday 20th of July 2006 05:00:28 PM
Old 07-20-2006
netcat could probably help u out with this. im not too terribly familiar with it, but this sounds like something it can handle... as far as having a windows machine execute commands on a nix machine and vice versa.

-R3d

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify a remote machine as windows or unix

Hi, I have a IP address of the target machine.Is there is any way to find out whether it is a unix box or windows box without logging into it?. Regs Anand (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: u449064
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Working with remote Unix files systems from Windows

I am currently using Samba to access remote Unix file systems from Windows. However, it is slow, and I presume insecure in the sense that file contents are transmitted unencrypted. I also wonder if passwords are transmitted in plain text in this protocol or not. For these reasons I am looking for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bilge
2 Replies

4. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote renaming of a unix file via ftp

Hi all, i'm just after some help regarding a batch script. I'm wanting to create a windows batch script which will push a file from my pc to a unix (AIX) system via ftp. i have this part working fine but as the file i'm sending already exists i want the script to also take a sideways copy of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forefather1977
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote FTP Backup -Tar archive+ encrypt+ split to a remote ftp

I have a huge directoy(200+ gb) for backup. I want upload the tar file(split files) simultaneous to a remote ftp. (pipeline, stdout, stdin etc.) I don't want write a data to local hdd. I have a ssd hdd. thanks. this code doesn't work.( yes i know the problem is split command!) tar cvzf -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run UNIX commands on remote machine from windows?

Hi All, I am working in support and we are planning to automate a system to reduce the direct manual intervention to core system. Please find the below details. 1. we have a web application that runs on Windows Platform. 2. From web application, we need to connect to remote Unix machine.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balaji K
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-SETUP(1)				     systemd-machine-id-setup				       SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-SETUP(1)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-setup - Initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-setup DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-setup may be used by system installer tools to initialize the machine ID stored in /etc/machine-id at install time with a randomly generated ID. See machine-id(5) for more information about this file. This tool will execute no operation if /etc/machine-id is already initialized. If a valid D-Bus machine ID is already configured for the system, the D-Bus machine ID is copied and used to initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id. If run inside a KVM virtual machine and a UUID is passed via the -uuid option, this UUID is used to initialize the machine ID instead of a randomly generated one. The caller must ensure that the UUID passed is sufficiently unique and is different for every booted instanced of the VM. Similarly, if run inside a Linux container environment and a UUID is set for the container this is used to initialize the machine ID. For details see the documentation of the Container Interface[1]. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --version Prints a short version string and exits. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), machine-id(5), dbus-uuidgen(1) NOTES
1. Container Interface http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface systemd 208 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-SETUP(1)