Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Solaris C compiler option -Xc Post 302080798 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 20th of July 2006 03:32:10 PM
Old 07-20-2006
The -Xc option used to compile for ISO C with K&R support, I think.

gcc -Wall compiles with ISO support and "lint" and will also tolerate K&R style functions.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Apache and a C Compiler on Solaris 8

Hi! I just got Ultra 5 computer an installed Solaris 8 on it. I'm trying to install Apache but I'm having some problems... I tried to download a precompiled version of apache, but it seems as if I need a c compiler anyway. When I try to run the configure command I get the following result:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
2 Replies

2. Programming

C Compiler for Solaris 8 (Intel)

hi I'm looking for a C Compiler that will run on a Solaris 8 (Intel) platform and that doesn't need to be complied. I've tried gcc binaries but they don't seem to work. Thanx. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C++ compiler for Solaris 10

Does anyone know off-hand if Solaris 10 comes with a C++ compiler, or will I have to install one (GNU, etc)? I have looked through the directories and files, but can't seem to locate anything to indicate that there is one. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trmn8r
1 Replies

4. Programming

Solaris C Compiler for Unix Enviroment ?

Hello! Can somebody tell my where to find Solaris C compiler for Unix environment? Is it available anywhere on the net for free download ? Thank you for your help! :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krasy
3 Replies

5. Programming

C compiler for Solaris 10

First off, I am all new to Unix, so when I require for help, could people please response in plain english and step by step. I am enrol in a university course to do c programming in unix environment. Thus I have downloaded the Solaris 10 Unix OS. Being Solaris, I believe it has Java... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xannen
2 Replies

6. Solaris

C Set++ compiler on Solaris

Can we use C Set++ compiler on Solaris for converting 32-bit application to 64-bit? I wants to use it with lint tools for finding out the erros while porting a code. Any pointers will be helpful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_27
1 Replies

7. Programming

how to find if C compiler in Solaris

Hi experts, How do I find if a C compiler is installed on Solaris ? > cc -o ksh: cc: not found > CC ksh: CC: not found > gcc ksh: gcc: not found I am using Solaris 5.8 Thanks, Sameer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ensameer
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Cannot run installed GNU compiler, Solaris 10

Am new to Solaris OS and need to install the GNU cpp compiler. Followed the instructions from Sunfreeware for installing the gcc compiler and it looks as if it correctly installed but i cannot run it from the command window. # cd /usr/local/bin # ls c++ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brb
2 Replies

9. Programming

-Warray-bounds option to GCC compiler

What exactly is the -Warray-bounds option to the GCC compiler supposed to warn about? the man page states: ~ g++ --version g++ (GCC) 7.3.1 20180130 (Red Hat 7.3.1-2) Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.Thank you. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
14 Replies
HF77(1) 							     LAM TOOLS								   HF77(1)

NAME
hf77, mpif77 - Compile LAM FORTRAN programs. SYNTAX
hf77 [-showme] ... see f77(1) (or whatever your underlying FORTRAN compiler is) for all other options. DESCRIPTION
hf77 is a convenience wrapper for the local native FORTRAN compiler. Translation of a LAM program requires the linkage of the LAM essen- tial services libraries which may not reside in one of the standard search directories of ld(1). hf77 passes its arguments along to the local native FORTRAN compiler along with the -L and -l options required by LAM/MPI programs. This includes all necessary options for ROMIO and/or C++ bindings support (if ROMIO/C++ support was included when LAM was compiled). mpif77 is now the same as hf77. See the NOTES section, below. By default, hf77 uses the FORTRAN compiler that was selected when LAM was configured (with the --with-fc flag to ./configure) as the local native FORTRAN compiler, but this can be overridden by the LAMHF77 environment variable. OPTIONS
-showme Does not invoke the underlying FORTRAN compiler. Instead, it shows the command line that would be executed to compile the FORTRAN program. NOTES
Previous versions of hf77 did not automatically link in the MPI library. Starting with LAM version 6.3, since hf77 has become the de facto LAM FORTRAN compiler, the -lmpi option is now automatically passed to the underlying compiler when linking LAM/MPI programs. Previous versions of LAM included the mpif77 wrapper script to automatically pass -lmpi to hf77. This script is now obsolete since hf77 now includes -lmpi automatically. mpif77 is now a symbolic link to hf77 to ensure backward compatibility. SEE ALSO
f77(1), ld(1), lam-helpfile(1) LAM 6.5.8 November, 2002 HF77(1)