Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Q: Recording shell script screen output using "script" command ? Post 302080692 by reborg on Thursday 20th of July 2006 08:22:33 AM
Old 07-20-2006
Yes, why not just run script before the script?
Code:
$ script filename.tst
$ scriptname.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"SCRIPT" (recording session) from ShellScripts

Hi all, Hope that we are all familiar with the "script" command, which helps us to record the session into any file, until we give "exit". Can anyone help me, how to do this process from a shell script!? I face problem while ending the script using "exit" which comes out of the program. This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a list of dynamic names to a "PS" command in shell script?

Hi, I am new to shell script. This is my first post .I have written a small script which returns list of names starts with "ram" in /etc/passwd .Here is that:- #!/bin/ksh NAME_LIST="name_list.txt" cat /dev/null > $NAME_LIST evalcmd="cat /etc/passwd | grep "^ram?*" | cut -d: -f1" eval... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.tendulka
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To record screen output using "script" command

I am trying to capture the session of a particular user id, by using the "script" command, by adding the "script" command to the .profile of that user id. Now, when I have to exit the session, I am having to give 2 exits - one for the script command, and the other to log out of the session. Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

4. AIX

"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi, This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" command is not working in shell script

Hi All, I am not much strong in shell scripting... I am using sed command in my script to find and replace a string....... This is how script looks : ############# #!/usr/bin/ksh CONFIG_FILE=iom_test.txt FIND=`echo "NIS_FTP_SERVER1=123.456.iom.com"` REPLACE=`echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: askumarece
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation of "total" field in "ls -l" command output

When I do a listing in one particular directory (ls -al) I get: total 43456 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3701594 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3108510 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3070580 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3099733 -rwxrwxr-x 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Urgent Help on "Script Command" on a shell script

Dear All, I am trying to capture the terminal session using the script command. It works when i issue on that has a command. But it is not working on inside a shell script as it is expecting a exit command to come out. Even after I ran the script and it expects me type the exit command and not... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Screen output is blocked by "| tee" command

BACK STORY: I have a script build.py . (It's for creating the ISO file for a special edition of Swift Linux.) This build.py script executes the mintConstructor.py script that I use to modify the Regular Swift Linux ISO to get the special edition Swift Linux ISO. The lines of the script that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swiftlinux
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help creating shell script with output that has 2014 calendar and 2 text items from a"fortune"

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am required to create a bash shell script with either emacs or vi. It must include the year 2014 calendar on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dandanhelpmeman
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)                                        Tcl Library Procedures                                        Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)