Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Seeking help...Urgent!!! Please help me... Post 302080529 by reborg on Wednesday 19th of July 2006 12:08:29 PM
Old 07-19-2006
Extract from the rules.

(6) Do not post classroom or homework problems.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

seeking a doc on lvm etc...

Hi. I wanted to increase my knowledge base with unix. can you help me find a like that talks about luns, physical volumes, volume groups, logical volumes then mountpoints? i would appreciate it thanks Jigar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Control Panel seeking.

Hi, guys. My friends and I used to rent space from our ISP, and they applied Cpanel to help us to config. Recently we just upgrade to the dedicated server plan, and there is nothing but only the os has been installed. Since Cpanel is the commercial software, we cannot afford it, we need to find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: seeking to bytes

can I seek to a particular byte in a file and replace it using awk? if so, how? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karyn1617
8 Replies

4. Programming

Seeking Some libs for AIX 5.3

hello everybody! I m compiling some program with the g++ on AIX 5.3 and it needs some library that i didn't find them i am new with the AIX here is the compilation error : g++ -Daix -fpic -o printps -lxercesc1_1 -L/oracle/OraHome/lib32/ -L/epost2/blitz/lib -lhmltods -lhmltops -lgeneric... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeking for help in writing shell

Hi All, I got a problem and stuck to filter a log file, called it as "sample.log". This "sample.log" file is being generated by "script A". The "sample.log" look like below: :FORMATDATE_FORMATTIME:CmdArg->:SomeDoce:SomeFormatDocument: :FORMATDATE_FORMATTIME:imprtcp succeeded.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anakiar
1 Replies

6. Programming

[C] seeking good books

I suppose everybody here read reference books like Kernighan & Ritchie one, but where's the real deal? I mean I'd like to learn more about special efficient techniques, tips&tricks, what compiler effectively does, and stuff like that. Could you please suggest me some books or internet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeking help with search

Hello All, I'm looking for some help with grepping for two specific strings in files with multiple lines. For instance, I have files and the content looks like this: =====Start===== Record:1 Field 1 = aaaaaaaaaa Field 2 = bbbbbbbbbb Field 3 = 1234567890 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeking Alternative for diff in hp

Hi , I have to use HP-unix OS to get difference between 2 files.while i tried a piece of code in other OS(linux/unix) as below, it worked fine & the output is desired one. diff --suppress-common-lines -y file_1 file_2 >d.txt The same doesn't works in HP -unix. Any help shall be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
6 Replies
pthread_detach(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					pthread_detach(3C)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when that thread terminates. In other words, pthread_detach() dynamically resets the detachstate attribute of the thread to PTHREAD_CRE- ATE_DETACHED. After a successful call to this function, it would not be necessary to reclaim the thread using pthread_join(). See pthread_join(3C). If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, pthread_detach() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: EINVAL The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3C), pthread_join(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 23 Mar 2005 pthread_detach(3C)