Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Seeking help...Urgent!!! Please help me... Post 302080526 by blind02002 on Wednesday 19th of July 2006 11:34:08 AM
Old 07-19-2006
Seeking help...Urgent!!! Please help me...

Can any1 please help me answer a couple of this question?

1) What is the process management of UNIX? (single task, multitasks, etc...)

2) What is the process management of Linux? (single task, multitasks, etc...)

3) What is the type of process of UNIX? (process, thread, etc...)

4) What is the type of process of Linux? (process, thread, etc...)

5) What is the process scheduling of UNIX? (round robin, FIFO, multiple queue, etc...)

6) What is the process scheduling of Linux? (round robin, FIFO, multiple queue, etc...)

7) What is the API of UNIX? (POSIX, Win32, etc...)

8) What is the API of Linux? (POSIX, Win32, etc...)

It is urgent...Please any1??

Last edited by blind02002; 07-19-2006 at 12:40 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

seeking a doc on lvm etc...

Hi. I wanted to increase my knowledge base with unix. can you help me find a like that talks about luns, physical volumes, volume groups, logical volumes then mountpoints? i would appreciate it thanks Jigar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Control Panel seeking.

Hi, guys. My friends and I used to rent space from our ISP, and they applied Cpanel to help us to config. Recently we just upgrade to the dedicated server plan, and there is nothing but only the os has been installed. Since Cpanel is the commercial software, we cannot afford it, we need to find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: seeking to bytes

can I seek to a particular byte in a file and replace it using awk? if so, how? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karyn1617
8 Replies

4. Programming

Seeking Some libs for AIX 5.3

hello everybody! I m compiling some program with the g++ on AIX 5.3 and it needs some library that i didn't find them i am new with the AIX here is the compilation error : g++ -Daix -fpic -o printps -lxercesc1_1 -L/oracle/OraHome/lib32/ -L/epost2/blitz/lib -lhmltods -lhmltops -lgeneric... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeking for help in writing shell

Hi All, I got a problem and stuck to filter a log file, called it as "sample.log". This "sample.log" file is being generated by "script A". The "sample.log" look like below: :FORMATDATE_FORMATTIME:CmdArg->:SomeDoce:SomeFormatDocument: :FORMATDATE_FORMATTIME:imprtcp succeeded.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anakiar
1 Replies

6. Programming

[C] seeking good books

I suppose everybody here read reference books like Kernighan & Ritchie one, but where's the real deal? I mean I'd like to learn more about special efficient techniques, tips&tricks, what compiler effectively does, and stuff like that. Could you please suggest me some books or internet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeking help with search

Hello All, I'm looking for some help with grepping for two specific strings in files with multiple lines. For instance, I have files and the content looks like this: =====Start===== Record:1 Field 1 = aaaaaaaaaa Field 2 = bbbbbbbbbb Field 3 = 1234567890 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeking Alternative for diff in hp

Hi , I have to use HP-unix OS to get difference between 2 files.while i tried a piece of code in other OS(linux/unix) as below, it worked fine & the output is desired one. diff --suppress-common-lines -y file_1 file_2 >d.txt The same doesn't works in HP -unix. Any help shall be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
6 Replies
sched_getscheduler(3)					     Library Functions Manual					     sched_getscheduler(3)

NAME
sched_getscheduler - Returns the scheduling policy of a process (P1003.1b) LIBRARY
Realtime Library (librt.so, librt.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> int sched_getscheduler ( pid_t pid); PARAMETERS
pid Specifies the ID of the process for which the scheduling policy is to be obtained. If pid is zero, the scheduling policy of the calling process is obtained. DESCRIPTION
The sched_getscheduler function returns the current scheduling policy of a process. The values that can be returned are defined in the header file <sched.h>. The sched_setscheduler function changes the scheduling policy and priority of a process. Changing the scheduling policy and priority ensures that an application can determine more effectively when a process will run. The realtime scheduling policies are as follows: SCHED_FIFO Specifies the first-in, first-out (FIFO) scheduling policy SCHED_RR Specifies the round-robin (RR) scheduling policy SCHED_OTHER Specifies the standard timesharing scheduling policy The SCHED_FIFO and SCHED_RR scheduling policies are fixed-priority scheduling policies. You can specify a priority for your process and the scheduler will not adjust it. Setting priorities in conjunction with a SCHED_FIFO scheduling policy allows a critical process to run as soon as it is ready, for as long as it needs to run, because the process will preempt other lower-priority processes. The round-robin scheduling policy is similar to first in-first out, but also imposes a quantum on execution time. Use the sched_rr_get_interval function to determine the current quantum for process execution under the SCHED_RR scheduling policy. The scheduler adjusts process priorities running under the timesharing scheduling policy. No special privileges are needed to use the sched_getscheduler function. RETURN VALUES
On a successful call to sched_getscheduler, the scheduling policy of the process is returned. If there is an error, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The sched_getscheduler function fails under the following condition: [ESRCH] No process can be found corresponding to that specified by pid. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: getpid(2), sched_getparam(3), sched_setparam(3), sched_setscheduler(3) Guide to Realtime Programming delim off sched_getscheduler(3)