Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming New to C Programming in UNIX environment Post 302080482 by patras on Wednesday 19th of July 2006 05:27:08 AM
Old 07-19-2006
Thanks for your reply. So it means path for header and liberary files is setup in system kernel at the time of installation? Because I never configured any path and compiled my first program with cc today and it went thru.

I dont have gcc installed, is there any major difference btw cc and gcc? Or initially I can continue with cc only. Any documentation is available for cc? I tried to understand the man page but not satisfactory, any good debugger link also pls.

thanks in advance.

cheers,
Patras

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MixWindows UNIX environment

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in this area. The company that I work at is trying to bring a Windows 2000 server online and have the UNIX workstations and Clients connect to it like it is anothe UNIX box. They have been using Windows Services for UNIX to do this but are having... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaikara1
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Java Programming in UNIX Environment

A suggetion: Don't we need to start Java Programming in UNIX Environment Forum ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cub
1 Replies

3. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

programming for unix environment

i have to make a menu based program to allow iusers to select the system information about their machine that they want. All i have been taught is how to enter commands at the command prompt like simple commands such as pwd and cd directory to change directory (not even sure if that is right). But... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carlvernon
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Systems Programming Vs Unix Programming

Several months ago I found a link that explained the difference between how a Unix Systems Admin would do scripting compared to what a Unix Programmer would do. It showed a basic script and then show several iterations that explained how the Systems Admin would change it to make it better. I was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix environment

Hi, Can anyone recommend a site where one can practise UNIX scripting . I don't have UNIX on my machine however I have heard there are some sites which let you log on to their servers for free. Thanks Rohit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitv
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep problem from The Unix Programming Environment

Hi Here is the problem ( Exercise 3-3, Using The Shell of The Unix Programming Environment, Kerninghan, Pike, 3rd edition ): Predict what each of the following grep commands will do, and then verify your understanding. grep \$ grep \\$ grep \\\$ grep '\$' grep '\'$' grep \\ grep \\\\... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dum_dum20
3 Replies
FAUCC(1)																  FAUCC(1)

NAME
faucc - C compiler generating Intel code for 16 bit/32 bit CPUs. SYNOPSIS
faucc [ -B path ] [ -D MACRO [=def]] [ -E ] [ -I path ] [ -L path ] [ -MD ] [-MF file ] [ -MP ] [ -MT target ] [ -O level ] [ -S ] [ -T script ] [ -U macro ] [ -Wl,arg ] [ -Xlinker arg ] [ -b arch ] [ -c ] [ -f arg ] [ -m arch ] [ -nostdlib ] [ -o output ] [ -print-lib-faucc-file-name ] [ --freestanding ] [ --no-stack-protector ] { file ...} DESCRIPTION
faucc is a C compiler, that can generate Intel 16 bit or 32 bit Code. OPTIONS
faucc tries to mimic the options of gcc. A number of options will be passed to the C preprocessor cpp or to the linker (done via a call to the c-compiler gcc) in unmodified form. -B path Override the directory prefix where cc1 is looked up with path. -D MACRO, -D MACRO=def Define MACRO with the optional initial definition def. If def is omitted, it defaults to 1. -E Only perform preprocessing, but do not run the compiler. -I path Add path to the include path in which header files are searched. -L path Add path to the library search path, in which the linker will look for libraries. -MD Output dependency information while preprocessing. -MF, file Output dependency information while preprocessing to file. -MP, When the preprocessor should output dependency information, it will generate PHONY targets for each dependency. -MT target When the preprocessor should output dependency information, use target as the dependency rule target. -O level Currently ignored. -S Output assembly code. -T script Use script as linker script. -U macro Undefine a previously defined macro. -Wl,arg, -Xlinker arg Pass arg to the linker. -b arch Generate code for arch (either i286 or i386) -c Perform compilation, but do not link. -f arg Pass code generation argument arg to the compiler. See the cc1 man page for possible arguments. -m arch Currently ignored. -nostdlib With this option, the linker will only search for libraries that are passed as command line arguments. -o file Write output to file. -print-libfaucc-file-name Print the full path of the internal compiler library libfaucc.a. -static Perform static linking. --freestanding, --no-stack-protector Currently ignored. EXAMPLES
faucc -c hello-world.c -o hello-world.o Compile the program hello-world.c and output the object as hello-wolrd.o. faucc -S -b i286 -o test.s test.c Compile the program test.c to 16 bit code and output the assembly listing to test.s, but do not assemble or link the result yet. SEE ALSO
cc1(1) , cpp(1) , gcc(1) , ld(1) CONTACT
Please report all bugs to FAUcc Team <info@faumachine.org>. FAUcc Homepage [1]. AUTHOR
FAUcc Team COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 FAUcc Team. Developed at Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg. FAUcc comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. FAUcc is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. See COPYING for details. NOTES
1. FAUcc Homepage http://www.faumachine.org FAUcc Team 03/08/2009 FAUCC(1)