Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Virus and Worm on Linux/unix System Post 302080441 by reborg on Tuesday 18th of July 2006 02:27:08 PM
Old 07-18-2006

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Worm Virus

I am running Unix SCO and have discovered the worm virus. It is enabled through a BIOS connections, I am able to get around it using telnet, believe it or not. - Can anyone recommend a virus scan software? - Has anyone successfully used a virus scan software on unix without a problem? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ana_cr32
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to scan for virus on a Unix Server

Hi, I updated an antivorus software on my Unix server using, tar to explode teh dat files. But I don't know how to run the scan. Please can any1 assist? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix and virus

why one normally hears tht virus has stuck windows and one does not hear that unix has been stuck by virus...wht make unix so powerfull tht virus does not stuck it. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: taurian1234
9 Replies

4. HP-UX

virus in unix/linux ...?

hi, my questions are: 1). Is it possible to write virus programs on unix or linux environments? 2).if no why? technical answers.... 3).is it right? "It is not possible to write virus programs in open source environments" inventsekar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Virus software for Unix

The company I work for is in the process of going to a Unix Server. I am trying to find out if there is a version of Norton Antivirus that will work on a Unix server. If not, what is the recommended virus software for Unix? I have done some Google searches and found that there is a greater... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarker
3 Replies

6. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

7. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
UML_SWITCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                UML_SWITCH(1)

NAME
uml_switch -- switch daemon for user-mode Linux SYNOPSIS
uml_switch [-unix control_socket data_socket] [-hub] [-tap tun device] [-compat-v0] [-daemon] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the uml_switch program. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. uml_switch is a daemon for managing a virtual network between user-mode Linux systems, with no connection to the host system's network. It will listen for connections on a pair of UNIX domain sockets, and forward packets between clients which connect to them. OPTIONS
-unix control_socket data_socket Listen on the specified pair of sockets, instead of the defaults. -hub Act like a hub. This means that packets received will be broadcast over all virtual links. The default is to act as a switch, where packets are only sent to the link matching the destination MAC address of the packet. -tap tap device Connect the switch to a dynamically created tap device on the host -compat-v0 Specify control protocol version 0 compatibility. -daemon Run in the background as a daemon. SEE ALSO
linux(1) The UserModeLinux-HOWTO (link to URL http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/UserModeLinux-HOWTO.html) AUTHOR
uml_switch was written by Jeff Dike and others. This manual page was written by Matt Zimmerman mdz@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts. UML_SWITCH(1)