Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: capturing the time stamp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers capturing the time stamp Post 302080435 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 18th of July 2006 01:35:30 PM
Old 07-18-2006
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
# add 27 hours to a "timestamp"

timestamp=$(echo "DS.PETSCO.20060601203514.20060531.ctl_20060717124431"|cut -d_ -f2 )
perl -e '
        use Time::Local;

$tm="$ARGV[0]";
        $sec=substr($tm,12,2);
        $min=substr($tm,10,2);
        $hr=substr($tm,8,2); 
        $day=substr($tm,6,2);
        $month=substr($tm,4,2);
        $yr=substr($tm,0,4);        
        $epochtm=timelocal($sec,$min,$hr,$day,$month,$yr);
        $hours=$ARGV[1];
        $epochtm=$epochtm + ($hours * 3600);
        $now=localtime $epochtm;
        print "$now", "\n";        
        ' "$timestamp"  27

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

capturing the time stamp to get hours

Hi All, I am working on a korn shell script. I have a problem.i am calculating the next 27 hours from the time stamp. say TSTAMP=20060724000000 if i add 27 hours to the above time stamp, i will get 20060724143000 this is the code: YEAR=`echo $TSTAMP | awk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping with time stamp

Hi all, I want to grep a file name with time stamp as 30 minutes how can i??. Ex I will getting outputs in a file every minutes I want to grep it by a time intervals of 30 and show it . Any help will be great ! Thanks, Arun. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

capturing the time stamp in desired format

Hello All, I am working on korn shell script.i have 2 questions; 1) I have a file and i am able to capture the arrival time. the arrival time is capturing as 11:30 ls -ltr aaa.bbb.332121312.*.* | awk -F" " '{print $8}' 11:30 my desired output is 113000 can anyone please suggest me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking time stamp

Hi, I am having a script in which I am again calling a script, but before calling that script I need to perform a time check (say 1 - 2 am i.e. I would be able to call that script if time is between 1:00 am and 2:00 am) but this time stamp needs to be configurable. can anybody suggest me how... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manvar Khan
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the next time stamp in perl?

Hi, I have to find the next time stamp in perl. Here is the code. @time = loaltime(time); print "\n Present time: $time:$time:$time \n"; For example if the time is: "12:55:02" after some process the time becomes 1:00:00. How do i check when it becomes 00:00 i.e from "12:55:02... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding time stamp

hi everyone i am facing a strange problem here suppose content of my file is a=1,2,3 b=2,3,4 c=4,5,6 time= now the problem is i want to add value in front of time variable and the value should be i format only "HHMMSS" so it should be like this a=1,2,3 b=2,3,4 c=4,5,6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get time duration between two human readable time stamp in Unix?

Here is two time I have: Jul 12 16:02:01 Jul 13 01:02:01 and how can I do a simple match to get difference between two time which is 09:00:00 Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford99
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

file time stamp

Hi All, I am facing small problem. i want to print file time stamp on which date file has placed in the server. i have given some code but its not giving the year. any help appreciated. regards rajesh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
4 Replies

9. Solaris

System time and Cron time stamp not matching

On Solaris 10 server the system date won't match with the timestamp on files created by a cron jobs, Please help here is what i get when i check for system date infodba-ie10ux014:/tcpdv1_ie10/tcadmin/bin\n\r-> date Tue Apr 24 15:27:43 GMT 2012at same time i executed a cron job, and checked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing time stamp in file name

I have a file that is created via a perl script where the file is named like so: 01-07-2016_10:17:08. I am running a shell script that needs to take this file and print it. I can capture the date portion fine, but I am unsure how to capture the time stamp, since there will be a difference from what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldorsey
1 Replies
MAILQ(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MAILQ(1)

NAME
mailq - print the mail queue SYNOPSIS
mailq [-Ac] [-q...] [-v] DESCRIPTION
Mailq prints a summary of the mail messages queued for future delivery. The first line printed for each message shows the internal identifier used on this host for the message with a possible status character, the size of the message in bytes, the date and time the message was accepted into the queue, and the envelope sender of the message. The second line shows the error message that caused this message to be retained in the queue; it will not be present if the message is being processed for the first time. The status characters are either * to indicate the job is being processed; X to indicate that the load is too high to process the job; and - to indicate that the job is too young to process. The following lines show message recipients, one per line. Mailq is identical to ``sendmail -bp''. The relevant options are as follows: -Ac Show the mail submission queue specified in /etc/mail/submit.cf instead of the MTA queue specified in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. -qL Show the "lost" items in the mail queue instead of the normal queue items. -qQ Show the quarantined items in the mail queue instead of the normal queue items. -q[!]I substr Limit processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the queue id or not when ! is specified. -q[!]Q substr Limit processed jobs to quarantined jobs containing substr as a substring of the quarantine reason or not when ! is specified. -q[!]R substr Limit processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of one of the recipients or not when ! is specified. -q[!]S substr Limit processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the sender or not when ! is specified. -v Print verbose information. This adds the priority of the message and a single character indicator (``+'' or blank) indicating whether a warning message has been sent on the first line of the message. Additionally, extra lines may be intermixed with the recipients indicating the ``controlling user'' information; this shows who will own any programs that are executed on behalf of this message and the name of the alias this command expanded from, if any. Moreover, status messages for each recipient are printed if available. Several sendmail.cf options influence the behavior of the mailq utility: The number of items printed per queue group is restricted by MaxQueueRunSize if that value is set. The status character * is not printed for some values of QueueSortOrder, e.g., filename, random, modification, and none, unless a -q option is used to limit the processed jobs. The mailq utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) HISTORY
The mailq command appeared in 4.0BSD. $Date: 2013-11-22 20:51:55 $ MAILQ(1)