Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming what is the distinguish between gmake and make? Post 302080366 by Hitori on Tuesday 18th of July 2006 02:08:00 AM
Old 07-18-2006
It's strange that you have 2 different versions of one product from one vendor. It's a problem that is waiting to happen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

distinguish the extension of a file

Hello, In a script shell, I have a variable containing the name of a file and I would like to distinguish the name from the extention of the file. For example, the file 'myfile.txt' is in a variable called $VAR. How can I obtain 2 variables, one with 'myfile' and the other with 'txt' ? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbeghain
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how to distinguish different files while ftp?

how to distinguish different files and choose a mode while ftp?means which modes ascii or binary for zip(.gz) ,.txt,.sh,.dat and executable as well as movie files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Perl, gmake and make software

Hi, I'm searching website where there is software for HP-UX operating system in free download because I must install Perl, Make and Gmake on HP-UX server. Have you goods URL for me ? Thank you very much! bye Staaan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: staaan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

build - make -gmake: execvp: mcu: Permission denied

Hi All, sorry it was application related.. i am deleting it Thanks & Regards Shihab (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to distinguish dvd rom or hard disk

Class I H/W Path Driver S/W State H/W Type Description ============================================================================ disk 0 0/0/2/0.0.0.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE EAC DVD-ROM DW-224EV /dev/dsk/c0t0d0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to distinguish entry/exit of a syscall when using ptrace?

Hi all, I am using ptrace to keep track of clone syscalls in a program. However, I found that the traced syscall cant be paired. for example, there are some syscalls that have entry, but without exit showing up in the traced sequences. So, is there anyway to distinguish the entry and exit of a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tristartom
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to uniquely distinguish between two USB ports??

Hi all, I am facing a problem while writing a shell script. My machine has two USB ports- left port and right port. whenever I connect USBS to both the ports, entry is generated as /sys/block/sdc and /sys/block/sdd and I mount the USBs to a particular directory. But I need to know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
3 Replies

8. SCO

Distinguish between file systems

Hello, is there any command in SCO unix by which I can check if the file system is HTFS or DTFS? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mick
1 Replies

9. Programming

Make and gmake issues

Hello I am working on a CPP code written for SUN CC 5.5 and make we used make to compile the code then it compilation went smooth now i am using gmake: I have a make file like this WSROOT=.. include $(WSROOT)/etc/wsmkinclude.common all: @for subdir in */Makefile; \ do \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Revathi R
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Make and gmake issues

Hello I am working on a CPP code written for SUN CC 5.5 and make we used make to compile the code then it compilation went smooth now i am using gmake: I have a make file like this WSROOT=.. include $(WSROOT)/etc/wsmkinclude.common all: @for subdir in */Makefile; \ do \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Revathi R
1 Replies
Module::Starter::BuilderSet(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Module::Starter::BuilderSet(3pm)

NAME
Module::Starter::BuilderSet - determine builder metadata VERSION
Version 1.58 SYNOPSIS
use Module::Starter::BuilderSet; my $builder_set = Module::Starter::BuilderSet->new; my @supported_builders = $builder_set->supported_builders(); my $default_builder = $builder_set->default_builder(); my $output_file = $builder_set->file_for_builder($default_builder); my $create_method = $builder_set->method_for_builder($default_builder); Module::Starter::Simple->$create_method($default_builder); # eeew. my @build_commands = $builder_set->instructions_for_builder($default_builder); my @builder_dependencies = $builder_set->deps_for_builder($default_builder); my @compatible_builders = $builder_set->check_compatibility(@builder_list); my $ms_simple = Module::Starter::Simple->new(); my $build_method = $builder_set->manifest_method($builder); $ms_simple->$build_method(); DESCRIPTION
Module::Starter::BuilderSet is a collection of utility methods used to provide metadata about builders supported by Module::Starter. CLASS METHODS
"new()" This method initializes and returns an object representing the set of Builders supported by Module::Starter "supported_builders()" This method returns a list of builders supported by Module::Starter "file_for_builder($builder)" This method returns the name of the file generated by Module::Starter that will be used to build the generated module "method_for_builder($builder)" This method returns the name of the method in the "Module::Starter::Simple" package that is called to create the file returned by "file_for_builder($builder)" "instructions_for_builder($builder)" This method returns a list of commands that, when run from the command line (or with "system()"), will cause the generated module to be built, tested and installed. "deps_for_builder($builder)" This method returns a list of dependencies in the following format: "( { command => "make", aliases => [ 'make', 'gmake' ], }, { command => "another_command", aliases => [ 'alias0', 'alias1', '...' ], }, )" "manifest_method($builder)" This method returns the command to run to create the manifest according to the builder asked. "check_compatibility(@builders)" This method accepts a list of builders and filters out the ones that are unsupported or mutually exclusive, returning the builders that passed the filter. If none pass the filter, the default builder is returned. "default_builder()" This method returns the module name of the default builder. BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-module-starter at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. AUTHOR
C.J. Adams-Collier, "<cjac@colliertech.org>" Copyright &; License Copyright 2007 C.J. Adams-Collier, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Please note that these modules are not products of or supported by the employers of the various contributors to the code. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-02 Module::Starter::BuilderSet(3pm)