Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Previous day's date in Perl?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Previous day's date in Perl? Post 302080354 by rajus19 on Tuesday 18th of July 2006 12:40:45 AM
Old 07-18-2006
Thanks blowtorch

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Day of the Week from the given date (Perl)?

How to find the Day of the Week of the given Date using perl? If I have a date in YYY--MM-DD format, how to find the DOW? Based on that, I need to find the following sunday. Pls help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

needs to display month for previous day date

Hello, I wanted to display the month for previous day date. Like, today date is 18-Nov-2008. So the previous date is 17-Nov-2008. The output should be November. If the today date is 1-DEC-2008, then output should be NOVEMBER. If the today date is 1-JAN-2008, then output should be DECEMBER.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if last modified day is previous day

Hi, I would like to write a script that checks if a file ('counter') was modified the previous day, if so erase its contents and write 00000000 into it. For e.g. if the file 'counter' was last modified at 11.30pm on 24th May and the script runs at 12.15am of 25th May, it should erase it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hegdepras
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the files between Current day & a previous day

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to first capture the current day & move all the files from a particular directory based on a previous day. i.e move all the files from one directory to another based on current day & a previous day. Here is what I am trying, but it gives me errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i get the previous/next days date of a selected day

Ok, the title is confusing i know, but it is a weird question. I have a bash script running on Centos5.8 and want to find a better way to do some date manipulation. What i am trying to do is get 3 days of files (day before, that day, and day after), concatenate the three files and pass them on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getting last date of previous month and first date of previous 4th month from current date

I have requirment to get last date of previous month and the first date of previous 4th month: Example: Current date: 20130320 (yyyymmdd) Last date of previous month: 20130228 (yyyymmdd) First date of previous 4th month: 20121101 (yyyymmdd) In my shell --date, -d, -v switches are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the date of previous day in shell script?

Hi Experts, i am using the below code get the date of previous day. #!/usr/bin/ksh datestamp=`date '+%Y%m%d'` yest=$((datestamp -1)) echo $yest When i execute the code i am getting output as: 20130715 What i am trying here is, based on the date passed i am fetching previus day's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner24
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Using date command, getting previous day

Legends, i need to get previous day using date command. Can you please help. sdosanjh:/home> date +%m%d%y 011514 i tried -d '-1 day' but it is not working (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
5 Replies
Weather::Com::DayForecast(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Weather::Com::DayForecast(3pm)

NAME
Weather::Com::DayForecast - class representing a forecast for one day SYNOPSIS
[...] my @locations = $weather_finder->find('Heidelberg'); my $forecast = $locations[0]->forecast(); my $tomorrow = $forecast->day(1); print "Forecast for tomorrow: "; print " - tomorrow it's the ", $tomorrow->date()->date(), " "; print " - sunrise will be at ", $tomorrow->sunrise()->time(), " "; print " - maximum temperature will be ", $tomorrow->high(), " "; DESCRIPTION
Via Weather::Com::DayForecast objects one can access the weather forecast for one specific day. This class will not be updated automatically with each call to one of its methods. You need to call a method of your Weather::Com::Forecast object to get updated objects. CONSTRUCTOR
You usually would not construct an object of this class yourself. This is implicitely done when you call the "day(number of day)" or the "all()" method of a Weather::Com::Forecast object. METHODS
date() Returns a Weather::Com::DateTime object containing the date the forecast is for. high() Returns the maximum temperature that will be reached at daytime. For day 0 (today), this will be 'N/A' when it's after noon... There is a bug in weather.com's date and time mathematics: If you are asking for a location's forecast day 0 and it's short after midnight, day 0 will be "yesterday" and you'll get both, yesterday's daytime forecast and night forecast! I have not investigated this issue further, yet. If anyone has, please inform me! low() Returns the minimum temperature that will be reached at night. sunrise() Returns a Weather::Com::DateTime object containing the time of sunrise. sunset() Returns a Weather::Com::DateTime object containing the time of sunset. day() Returns a Weather::Com::DayPart object with all data belonging to the daytime. For day 0 (today), this will be "undef" when it's after noon... There is a bug in weather.com's date and time mathematics: If you are asking for a location's forecast day 0 and it's short after midnight, day 0 will be "yesterday" and you'll get both, yesterday's daytime forecast and night forecast! I have not investigated this issue further, yet. If anyone has, please inform me! night() Returns a Weather::Com::DayPart object with all data belonging to the night. AUTHOR
Thomas Schnuecker, <thomas@schnuecker.de> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004-2007 by Thomas Schnuecker This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The data provided by weather.com and made accessible by this OO interface can be used for free under special terms. Please have a look at the application programming guide of weather.com (<http://www.weather.com/services/xmloap.html>)! perl v5.8.8 2007-07-09 Weather::Com::DayForecast(3pm)