Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Central Configurations Management System for Linux Post 302080190 by furrahs@yahoo.c on Monday 17th of July 2006 04:23:37 AM
Old 07-17-2006
Central Configurations Management System for Linux

hi all, i am currently implementating project scope for a future enterprise solution provider in the storage area.

I was hoping if anyone could help me to answer questions regarding the Central Configurations Management System in the RedHat or other linux distro.

In the Unix env. , most of the OS has thier respective Central Configurations Management Systems i.e SAM (HP_UX) , SMC (Solaris) , SMIT (IBM_AIX).

As I am not sure if any linux distro has such Central Configurations Management System available.

If there is, could any one help me to indentify the package or the software in this matter or If there is none, could there be a ISV that had develop such system for the Linux infrastructure ?

I kindly appreaciate your kind advise.

Thank you

Warm regards,
RSF

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Machine configurations for Red Hat Linux 5.1

Hi! I have the following machine configurations: 1)Application Server: a)BIOS set to default settings. b)IBMx3650 machine. c)2 Intel Pentium 2.66 GHz Quad core or faster processors. d)16 GB RAM (500 MHz or faster) e)2 SAS drives (min of 146GB each) RAID 1 f)2 Gigabit Network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way for central user managet UNIX/Linux/win?

Hey there, I want to centralize my user managet in the next days, at first i want only centralize the user from my local network and later also from my servers. So I started looking around what I could use for this and only found openLDAP. I want to manage users for linux, OSX and Windows (if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dryPants
3 Replies
volmgt_check(3VOLMGT)					Volume Management Library Functions				     volmgt_check(3VOLMGT)

NAME
volmgt_check - have Volume Management check for media SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lvolmgt [ library ... ] #include <volmgt.h> int volmgt_check(char *pathname); DESCRIPTION
This routine asks Volume Management to check the specified pathname and determine if new media has been inserted in that drive. If a null pointer is passed in, then Volume Management will check each device it is managing that can be checked. If new media is found, volmgt_check() tells Volume Management to initiate any "actions" specified in /etc/vold.conf (see vold.conf(4)). RETURN VALUES
This routine returns 0 if no media was found, and a non-zero value if any media was found. ERRORS
This routine can fail, returning 0, if a stat(2) or open(2) of the supplied pathname fails, or if any of the following is true: ENXIO Volume Management is not running. EINTR An interrupt signal was detected while checking for media. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking If Any New Media Is Inserted To check if any drive managed by Volume Management has any new media inserted in it: if (volmgt_check(NULL)) { (void) printf("Volume Management found media "); } This would also request Volume Management to take whatever action was specified in /etc/vold.conf for any media found. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cc(1B), volcheck(1), vold(1M), open(2), stat(2), volmgt_inuse(3VOLMGT), volmgt_running(3VOLMGT), vold.conf(4), attributes(5), volfs(7FS) NOTES
Volume Management must be running for this routine to work. Since volmgt_check() returns 0 for two different cases (both when no media is found, and when an error occurs), it is up to the user to to check errno to differentiate the two, and to ensure that Volume Management is running. SunOS 5.10 31 Dec 1996 volmgt_check(3VOLMGT)