Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to read POSIX?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to read POSIX? Post 302080037 by robin.zhu on Friday 14th of July 2006 08:00:23 PM
Old 07-14-2006
thanks

thanks for your reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ANSI C vs POSIX

can somebody explain about the ANSI C vs POSIX. say i was using open and fopen, i know that open is POSIX, and fopen is ANSI C. i read that that POSIX is a system call and ANSI C is like a standard library function. wouldn't the fopen function has to call on open function anyway to open any kind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb00y
2 Replies

2. Programming

Unix(posix)

Please,does anybody can give me any general info about unix(posix) ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haris Astreos
1 Replies

3. Programming

POSIX threads

Hello ! Let's supose I have a main function in C , and two POSIX threads. I give you an example down : int main() { int something; char else; void *FirstThread(); void *SecondThread(); .. <start those two pthreads ..> return 0;} void *FirstThread() { ... } void *SecondThread()... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: !_30
2 Replies

4. Programming

Posix

HI, When i am configuring php in SUN Solaris. I am getting the below error. configure: error: Your system seems to lack POSIX threads. Do i need to install POSIX? If so can somebody let me know where can i download POSIX for Solaris 8? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
2 Replies

5. Programming

ResumeThread on POSIX

Hi all How i can create thread in SUSPENDED mode, and resume when i want. I have win code with CreateThread (parameter CREATE_SUSPEND), and Resume Thread, but on POSIX with pthread i cant do it. Please help me. Best regards // Kolesar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kolesar
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Posix threads

Hi, consider the code below: #include <stdio.h> . . struct myStruct { char *message ; int id; }; . . . void *thread_function( void *ptr ); nt main() { pthread_t thread1, thread2 ,thread3 ; struct myStruct nico1; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behnaz
2 Replies

7. Programming

need help with posix threads

Hi, I am new to posix threads. The no of threads to be created depends on the runtime. If I get the number of threads, I need to forward declare pthread_t mythread; how to do that can I use pointers and use malloc()?? I also have another question. The pthread_join is used to make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brett01
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System V or POSIX

Hi , I am using UNIX network programming Vol1 (by R Stevens) book to learn about IPC. I would be using HP-UX,Solaris and Linux at my work. I have sections for POSIX and for System V in that book. I am quite confused in indentifying those OSs as POSIX or SYstem V. Can anyone please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
1 Replies

9. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

10. Programming

POSIX Thread Help

I want to create a program that creates 2 child process, and each of them creates 2 threads, and each thread prints its thread id. I0ve allread done that the outuput isn't the outuput i want. When a run the following comand "$./a.out | sort -u | wc -l" I have the folowing output 2 $: It should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
3 Replies
READDIR(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							READDIR(3)

NAME
readdir - read a directory SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <dirent.h> struct dirent *readdir(DIR *dir); DESCRIPTION
The readdir() function returns a pointer to a dirent structure representing the next directory entry in the directory stream pointed to by dir. It returns NULL on reaching the end-of-file or if an error occurred. According to POSIX, the dirent structure contains a field char d_name[] of unspecified size, with at most NAME_MAX characters preceding the terminating null character. Use of other fields will harm the portability of your programs. POSIX-2001 also documents the field ino_t d_ino as an XSI extension. The data returned by readdir() may be overwritten by subsequent calls to readdir() for the same directory stream. RETURN VALUE
The readdir() function returns a pointer to a dirent structure, or NULL if an error occurs or end-of-file is reached. ERRORS
EBADF Invalid directory stream descriptor dir. CONFORMING TO
SVID 3, POSIX, BSD 4.3 SEE ALSO
read(2), closedir(3), dirfd(3), opendir(3), rewinddir(3), scandir(3), seekdir(3), telldir(3) 1996-04-22 READDIR(3)