Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail based on file size
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mail based on file size Post 302079961 by Dhruva on Friday 14th of July 2006 06:49:15 AM
Old 07-14-2006
Try this...but for this your log file should be in current directory where you are running shell script.

V_RECORD_COUNT=`wc -l Errlog.txt | awk '{print $1}'`
if [ $V_RECORD_COUNT -ge 1 ]
then
your script...............which send mail

Last edited by Dhruva; 07-14-2006 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: replaced gt with ge

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftping a file based in the size

Hi, I want to connect to a remote machine using FTP, check for the size of a file there. If it is 0 bytes, then there is no need to ftp else i have to ftp the file. Any help will be highly appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.rao11
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy a file based on the size-Urgent

Hi, I need unix code to check the size of a file. for example if the size of the file in A folder is more than 1BM, then i have to move that particular file in to B folder whenever I run that particular script. regards, Srinivas. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vysrinivas
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to move a file based on size

Hi All, I have some files in a directory. If the file size is 0 i want to move the file to new directory using unix script. Can anyone help me in this regard Thanks Vinny (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinny81
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail file size of newest file in directory

I have been a long time lurker, and have learned a lot from these forums, thank you to everyone. I am using Zoneminder to record a security camera feed. No motion detection, just 24 hour recording. I then have a script that checks Mysql for events dated the day before, and throws them at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamVERYhungry
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a file based on size

hello, I am creating a script that is going to scan the contents of a directory, and if it finds a certain DocumentName that is a certain size (The example, DocumentName and a size of 8777) If this file exists, it needs to be moved to a directory for later removal/processing..anyone have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on size

Hi Friends, Below is my requirement. I have a file with the below structure. 0001A1.... 0001B1.. .... 0001L1 0002A1 0002B1 ...... 0002L1 .. the first 4 characters are the sequence numbers for a record, A record will start with A1 and end with L1 with same sequence number. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file based on file size in Korn script

I need to split a file if it is over 2GB in size (or any size), preferably split on the lines. I have figured out how to get the file size using awk, and I can split the file based on the number of lines (which I got with wc -l) but I can't figure out how to connect them together in the script. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssemple2000
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check file size and mail

Hi, I am trying to write a script which will check if the filesize is grather than 0 KB, compress the file and send to the email list else if the file size is zero KB don't send a mail update the log if then echo "Validate the file" | mailx -s " There are errors : " ${EMAIL_LIST} else... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mora
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the File based on Size

I have a file that is about 7 GB in size. The requirement is I should split the file equally in such a way that the size of the split files is less than 2Gb. If the file is less than 2gb, than nothing needs to be done. ( need to done using shell script) Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File Size Split up based on Month

Hi, I have a directory in Unix and there are folders available in the directory. Files are created on different month and now i have a requirement to calculate size of the folder on month basis. Is there any Unix command to check this please?? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nivas
6 Replies
cachefswssize(1M)														 cachefswssize(1M)

NAME
cachefswssize - determine working set size for cachefs SYNOPSIS
logfile DESCRIPTION
The command displays the workspace size determined from logfile. This includes the amount of cache space used by each filesystem using the same cachedir and the total cache space used by all the filesystems using the same cachedir. Optionally, it also displays the operations that are logged in the logfile. The logfile generated by the command is used by for reporting these statistics. Options recognizes the following option: Display the data in the logfile in ASCII format. This option is used for debugging purposes only. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Success. non-zero An error occurred. EXAMPLES
Following is sample output: cachefswssize /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam end size: 10688k high water size: 10704k /foo end size: 128k high water size: 128k /usr/dist end size: 1472k high water size: 1472k total for cache initial size: 110960k end size: 12288k high water size: 12304k Following is an example using with the option: AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
cachefslog(1M), cachefsstat(1M), cfsadmin(1M). cachefswssize(1M)