Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: piping
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting piping Post 302079939 by Hitori on Friday 14th of July 2006 02:30:08 AM
Old 07-14-2006
May be this will be appropriate
open (FILEHANDLE, ">> file") or die;
or
open (FILEHANDLE, "> file") or die;
If you create a pipe with mknod file p you cannot use | file syntax, > file must be used in any case

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

redirecting/piping

i want to fully undertand redirecting/piping. i know most of the basic stuff, like ls|less or cat file|grep hello etc etc. but there are a somethings like find / -name file 2>/dev/null. what's is the 2? i know it redirects the errors (at least Permission denied ones) to /dev/null (the unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crashnburn
3 Replies

2. Programming

Help with piping program

Hi, I am trying to write a program that will pipe any number of programs together like in the linux shell. As an example, the below code tries to execute "cat data | grep int | cut -b 1-10." The problem is that the programs never get executed for some reason. It seems like the first program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PuppyHusher
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping from device?

Hi Long time since I did any shell scripting so please be gentle with me! :) Just wanted to know whether it is possible to take the streaming output from a dvb card /dev/dvb/adapter0/ and using named pipes and tee to pass the outputs to mplayer and mencoder so as to watch and record a telly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary101
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Piping in UNIX

All, I am a UNIX novice with a question that I hope you can help me with. I have a UNIX application called "Tole" that formats and displays specific information about customers. I can display the information for up to 30 customers by seperating customer IDs using commas in this format: Tole -c... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simo007
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping / Executing

I've got a file with lots of commands I want to run in it. They're formatted like so: cp /path/to/file /path/to/new/file and on and on and on. Hundreds of them. Anyways, I'd like to execute them one at a time, then check what time it is, and repeat this process until 7am. I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProFiction
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping to ex from a script

Is anyone piping commands to ex from scripts? I.E. echo '%s/change this/to that/\nwq' | ex file.name I've been using it for years with AIX, Solaris, SGI, with variations ksh and Mandriva and others with pdksh. I've just started using CentOS with ksh and it no longer works. I've tried single... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping in Perl

Hi All, I am trying to perform the below csh code in Perl, but i am unfamiliar with Perl. Can anybody give me some advice on it ? Csh Code: cat filename |grep AAA| grep BBB| awk '{print("already_appended")' (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Piping GREP

Hi, I need to use a double grep so to speak. I need to grep for a particular item say BOB and then for each successful result I need to grep for another item say SMITH. I tried grep "BOB" filename | grep "SMITH" but it does not seem to work. I can achieve my desired result using an... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
12 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Piping with grep

Hi everybody, I have a big file with blast results (if you know what this means, otherwise look at it just as a text file with a specific form). I am trying to extract some ids from within this file, which have certain parameters. For example, some Of my IDs have the term 'No hit results'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frymor
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Piping commands

Hi I am tryin to undertand piping command1|command2 from what i learn output of cammand 2 is an intput for command 1 right? If so . What dose next sequence do cat f1 >> f2 | grep '^' I think it takes context of f1 and Concatenate's it to f2 and then looks for ....i don't know..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iliya24
7 Replies
SmbClient(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SmbClient(3pm)

NAME
Filesys::SmbClient - Interface for access Samba filesystem with libsmclient.so SYNOPSIS
use POSIX; use Filesys::SmbClient; my $smb = new Filesys::SmbClient(username => "alian", password => "speed", workgroup => "alian", debug => 10); # Read a file my $fd = $smb->open("smb://jupiter/doc/general.css", '0666'); while (defined(my $l= $smb->read($fd,50))) {print $l; } $smb->close(fd); # ... See section EXAMPLE for others scripts. DESCRIPTION
Provide interface to access routine defined in libsmbclient.so provided with Samba. Since 3.0 release of this package, you need a least samba-3.0.2. For prior release of Samba, use Filesys::SmbClient version 1.x. For old and 2.x release, this library is available on Samba source, but is not build by default. Do "make bin/libsmbclient.so" in sources directory of Samba to build this libraries. Then copy source/include/libsmbclient.h to /usr/local/samba/include and source/bin/libsmbclient.so to /usr/local/samba/lib before install this module. If you want to use filehandle with this module, you need Perl 5.6 or later. When a path is used, his scheme is : smb://server/share/rep/doc VERSION
$Revision: 3.1 $ FONCTIONS
new %hash Init connection Hash can have this keys: o username o password o workgroup o debug o flags : See set_flag Return instance of Filesys::SmbClient on succes, die with error else. Example: my $smb = new Filesys::SmbClient(username => "alian", password => "speed", workgroup => "alian", debug => 10); set_flag Set flag for smb connection. See _SMBCCTX->flags in libsmclient.h Flag can be: SMB_CTX_FLAG_USE_KERBEROS SMB_CTX_FLAG_FALLBACK_AFTER_KERBEROS SMBCCTX_FLAG_NO_AUTO_ANONYMOUS_LOGON Tie Filesys::SmbClient filehandle This didn't work before 5.005_64. Why, I don't know. When you have tied a filehandle with Filesys::SmbClient, you can call classic methods for filehandle: print, printf, seek, syswrite, getc, open, close, read. See perldoc for usage. Example: local *FD; tie(*FD, 'Filesys::SmbClient'); open(FD,"smb://jupiter/doc/test") or print "Can't open file:", $!, " "; while(<FD>) { print $_; } close(FD); or local *FD; tie(*FD, 'Filesys::SmbClient'); open(FD,">smb://jupiter/doc/test") or print "Can't create file:", $!, " "; print FD "Samba test"," "; printf FD "%s", "And that work ! "; close(FD); Directory mkdir FILENAME, MODE Create directory $fname with permissions set to $mode. Return 1 on success, else 0 is return and errno and $! is set. Example: $smb->mkdir("smb://jupiter/doc/toto",'0666') or print "Error mkdir: ", $!, " "; rmdir FILENAME Erase directory $fname. Return 1 on success, else 0 is return and errno and $! is set. ($fname must be empty, else see rmdir_recurse). Example: $smb->rmdir("smb://jupiter/doc/toto") or print "Error rmdir: ", $!, " "; rmdir_recurse FILENAME Erase directory $fname. Return 1 on success, else 0 is return and errno and $! is set. Il $fname is not empty, all files and dir will be deleted. Example: $smb->rmdir_recurse("smb://jupiter/doc/toto") or print "Error rmdir_recurse: ", $!, " "; opendir FILENAME Open directory $fname. Return file descriptor on succes, else 0 is return and $! is set. readdir FILEHANDLE Read a directory. In a list context, return the full content of the directory $fd, else return next element. Each elem is a name of a directory or files. Return undef at end of directory. Example: my $fd = $smb->opendir("smb://jupiter/doc"); foreach my $n ($smb->readdir($fd)) {print $n," ";} close($fd); readdir_struct FILEHANDLE Read a directory. In a list context, return the full content of the directory FILEHANDLE, else return next element. Each element is a ref to an array with type, name and comment. Type can be : SMBC_WORKGROUP SMBC_SERVER SMBC_FILE_SHARE SMBC_PRINTER_SHARE SMBC_COMMS_SHARE SMBC_IPC_SHARE SMBC_DIR SMBC_FILE SMBC_LINK Return undef at end of directory. Example: my $fd = $smb->opendir("smb://jupiter/doc"); while (my $f = $smb->readdir_struct($fd)) { if ($f->[0] == SMBC_DIR) {print "Directory ",$f->[1]," ";} elsif ($f->[0] == SMBC_FILE) {print "File ",$f->[1]," ";} # ... } close($fd); closedir FILEHANDLE Close directory $fd. Files stat FILENAME Stat a file FILENAME. Return a list with info on success, else an empty list is return and $! is set. List is made with: o device o inode o protection o number of hard links o user ID of owner o group ID of owner o device type (if inode device) o total size, in bytes o blocksize for filesystem I/O o number of blocks allocated o time of last access o time of last modification o time of last change Example: my @tab = $smb->stat("smb://jupiter/doc/tata"); if ($#tab == 0) { print "Erreur in stat:", $!, " "; } else { for (10..12) {$tab[$_] = localtime($tab[$_]);} print join(" ",@tab); } fstat FILEHANDLE Like stat, but on a file handle rename OLDNAME,NEWNAME Changes the name of a file; an existing file NEWNAME will be clobbered. Returns true for success, false otherwise, with $! set. Example: $smb->rename("smb://jupiter/doc/toto","smb://jupiter/doc/tata") or print "Can't rename file:", $!, " "; unlink FILENAME Unlink FILENAME. Return 1 on success, else 0 is return and errno and $! is set. Example: $smb->unlink("smb://jupiter/doc/test") or print "Can't unlink file:", $!, " "; open FILENAME open FILENAME, MODE Open file $fname with perm $mode. Return file descriptor on success, else 0 is return and $! is set. Example: my $fd = $smb->open("smb://jupiter/doc/test", 0666) or print "Can't read file:", $!, " "; my $fd = $smb->open(">smb://jupiter/doc/test", 0666) or print "Can't create file:", $!, " "; my $fd = $smb->open(">>smb://jupiter/doc/test", 0666) or print "Can't append to file:", $!, " "; read FILEHANDLE read FILEHANDLE, LENGTH Read $count bytes of data on file descriptor $fd. It lenght is not set, 4096 bytes will be read. Return buffer read on success, undef at end of file, -1 is return on error and $! is set. FILEHANDLE must be open with open of this module. write FILEHANDLE, $buf write FILEHANDLE, @buf Write $buf or @buf on file descriptor $fd. Return number of bytes wrote, else -1 is return and errno and $! is set. Example: my $fd = $smb->open(">smb://jupiter/doc/test", 0666) or print "Can't create file:", $!, " "; $smb->write($fd, "A test of write call") or print $!," "; $smb->close($fd); FILEHANDLE must be open with open of this module. seek FILEHANDLE, POS Sets FILEHANDLE's position, just like the "fseek" call of "stdio". FILEHANDLE may be an expression whose value gives the name of the filehandle. The values for WHENCE is always SEEK_SET beacause others didn't work on libsmbclient.so FILEHANDLE must be open with open of this module. close FILEHANDLE Close file FILEHANDLE. Return 0 on success, else -1 is return and errno and $! is set. Print method unlink_print_job PRINTER_URL, IDJOB Remove job number IDJOB on printer PRINTER_URL print_file DOCUMENT_URL, PRINTER_URL Print file DOCUMENT_URL on PRINTER_URL TODO
o chown o chmod o open_print_job o telldir o lseekdir EXAMPLE
This module come with some scripts: t/*.t Just for check that this module is ok :-) smb2www-2.cgi A CGI interface with these features: o browse workgroup ,share, dir o read file o upload file o create directory o unlink file, directory COPYRIGHT
The Filesys-SmbClient module is Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Alain BARBET, France, alian at cpan.org. All rights reserved. You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. perl v5.14.2 2006-09-13 SmbClient(3pm)