Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk compound statements
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk compound statements Post 302079863 by gfhgfnhhn on Thursday 13th of July 2006 09:52:41 AM
Old 07-13-2006
Error awk compound statements

how can i use two or multiple statements in the if part
of an awk code

for example
i want to check two flag if they are true i will write some print
operations and increase the counter.
here is the c version of the code that i want to write:

counter=0;
if (flag1==1 && flag2==0) {
printf("true\n");
counter=counter+1;
flag1=0;
}
else
printf("false");

how can i do the same operation using awk?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help a newbie please with awk if else statements

Hi, Despite reading the Conditional Statements chapter in the O'Reilly Sed & Awk book several times and looking at numerous examples, I cannot for the life of me get any kind of if ... else statement to work in my awk scripts! My scripts work perfectly (as they are written at least) and do what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathanm
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine awk statements

I have an awk statement that works but I am calling awk twice and I know there has to be a way to combine the two statements into one. The purpose is to pull out just the ip address from loopback1. cat config.txt | nawk 'BEGIN {FS="\n"}{RS="!"}{if ( $0 ~ "interface loopback1" ) print$4}' | nawk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining awk statements

I have a pretty simple script below: #!/bin/sh for i in *.cfg do temp=`awk '/^InputDirectory=/' ${i}` input_dir=`echo ${temp} | awk '{ print substr( $0, 16) }'` echo ${input_dir} done As you can see its opening each cfg file and searching for the line that has "InputDirectory="... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssbsts
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining AWK statements

Hello UNIX Community, I have file that contains the following data: testAwk2.csv rabbit penguin goat giraffe emu ostrich hyena elephant panda dog cat pig lizard snake antelope platypus tiger cheetah lion rhino spider I then find the character length of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vnayak
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK w/ if statements failing.

I'm converting some code from ksh on my macbook (Version M 1993-12-28 s+) to an older solaris machine with ksh 88. I can't seem to figure out this line, it worked on the new shell version. set -A combo -- $(for x in ${ImageIDs}; do nawk -v s=$x 'if($2 == s) getline ; getline if ($1 ==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdcurious
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine two awk statements into one

Hi, I have the following two awk statements which I'd like to consolidate into one by piping the output from the first into the second awk statement (rather than having to write kat.txt out to a file and then reading back in). awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS=" "} {printf("%s ", $2);for (x=7; x<=10;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasan0
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem - combining awk statements

i have a datafile that has several lines that look like this: 2,dataflow,Sun Mar 17 16:50:01 2013,1363539001,2990,excelsheet,660,mortar,660,4 using the following command: awk -F, '{$3=strftime("%a %b %d %T %Y,%s",$3)}1' OFS=, $DATAFILE | egrep -v "\-OLDISSUES," | ${AWK} "/${MONTH} ${DAY}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested awk Statements

Hello again everyone, yes, I'm back again for more help! So I'm attempting to read two separate files and generate some XML code from that. My current code is: BEGIN { print "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\">" print "<Export>" } { x=1; print "<section name=\"Query" NR "\">"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parrakarry
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with many if statements

Hi What is the right structure to use awk with multiple If statements The following code doesn't work # awk ' { A = $1 } END { for ( i = 1; i <= c; i++ ) { if ( A == 236 && A ==199... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled79
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count lines with awk if statements

Hi Everybody, I wanna count lines in many files, but only if they meet a condition, I have something like this, cat /path1/usr/STAT/GPRS/ESTCOL_GPRS_2016* | awk 'BEGIN{FS=",";}{ if (substr($5,1,8)=='$DATE'){a++} END{for(i in a)print a}}' DATE=$(date +%Y%m%d -d "1 day ago") But it has... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elly
6 Replies
GLGETACTIVEATOMICCOU(3G)					  [FIXME: manual]					  GLGETACTIVEATOMICCOU(3G)

NAME
glGetActiveAtomicCounterBufferiv - retrieve information about the set of active atomic counter buffers for a program C SPECIFICATION
void glGetActiveAtomicCounterBufferiv(Gluint program, GLuint bufferIndex, GLenum pname, GLint *params); PARAMETERS
program The name of a program object from which to retrieve information. bufferIndex Specifies index of an active atomic counter buffer. pname Specifies which parameter of the atomic counter buffer to retrieve. params Specifies the address of a variable into which to write the retrieved information. DESCRIPTION
glGetActiveAtomicCounterBufferiv retrieves information about the set of active atomic counter buffers for a program object. program is the name of a program object for which the command glLinkProgram() has been issued in the past. It is not necessary for program to have been linked successfully. The link may have failed because the number of active atomic counters exceeded the limits. bufferIndex specifies the index of an active atomic counter buffer and must be in the range zero to the value of GL_ACTIVE_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFERS minus one. The value of GL_ACTIVE_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFERS for program indicates the number of active atomic counter buffer and can be queried with glGetProgram(). If no error occurs, the parameter(s) specified by pname are returned in params. If an error is generated, the contents of params are not modified. If pname is GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_BINDING, then the index of the counter buffer binding point associated with the active atomic counter buffer bufferIndex for program is returned. If pname is GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_DATA_SIZE, then the implementation-dependent minimum total buffer object size, in baseic machine units, required to hold all active atomic counters in the atomic counter binding point identified by bufferIndex is returned. If pname is GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_ACTIVE_ATOMIC_COUNTERS, then the number of active atomic counters for the atomic counter buffer identified by bufferIndex is returned. If pname is GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_ACTIVE_ATOMIC_COUNTER_INDICES, then a list of the active atomic counter indices for the atomic counter buffer identified by bufferIndex is returned. The number of elements that will be written into params is the value of GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_ACTIVE_ATOMIC_COUNTERS for bufferIndex. If pname is GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_REFERENCED_BY_VERTEX_SHADER, GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_REFERENCED_BY_TESS_CONTROL_SHADER, GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_REFERENCED_BY_TESS_EVALUATION_SHADER, GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_REFERENCED_BY_GEOMETRY_SHADER, or GL_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFER_REFERENCED_BY_FRAGMENT_SHADER, then a boolean value indicating whether the atomic counter buffer identified by bufferIndex is referenced by the vertex, tessellation control, tessellation evaluation, geometry or fragment processing stages of program, respectively, is returned. NOTES
glGetActiveAtomicCounterBufferiv is available only if the GL version is 4.2 or higher. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if program is not the name of a program object for which glLinkProgram() has been called in the past. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if bufferIndex is greater than or equal to the value of GL_ACTIVE_ATOMIC_COUNTER_BUFFERS for program. GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if pname is not one of the accepted tokens. SEE ALSO
glGetProgram(), glGetActiveSubroutineUniform(), glGetActiveSubroutineUniformName(), glGetUniformLocation() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. [FIXME: source] 05/30/2012 GLGETACTIVEATOMICCOU(3G)