Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: different modes?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators different modes? Post 302079856 by blowtorch on Thursday 13th of July 2006 09:16:34 AM
Old 07-13-2006
different modes?

What are the Guided and Enhanced Modes? This is something new right? Or have I been the most unobservant guy on the face of this planet? At first I thought it was something for Gollum the forumbot, but its there everytime you start a new thread.

What is the difference between the two? And how do they work?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux communications modes

what r the ways in which a linux application communicate with an external system like linux or windows? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shil
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH switches editin modes when cycling through history. Why?

Hello all, Working in KSH using Solaris, the default editor is VIM. So, per session, I run a small rc script which calls export editor=emacs This works for commands at the prompt. But if I cycle through command history (Using the up arrow) the command line editor defaults to VIM. How can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eggmatters
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access Modes

What access modes (permissions) are given to new files you create? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naasei
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

vim Script: Switching between modes

Hi All, I've been using vi for about 10 years, but this is my first attempt at creating a vi script. I am reformatting some files to create CSVs for import into a database. In the script, I have a bunch of substitute lines that work fine, but I'm trying to figure out how to get the script into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkr
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between non promiscous and promiscous modes in packet sniffing?

I am using a packet sniffing program. When i use the promiscous mode, i can see in the packets that there is an IP involved(192.168.1.73) in either "from" or "to", which is not my machine's IP( 192.168.1.185). However, in the non promiscous mode, only packets involving my machine's IP are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
1 Replies
glplanet(6x)							XScreenSaver manual						      glplanet(6x)

NAME
glplanet - rotating 3d texture-mapped planet. SYNOPSIS
glplanet [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-no-light] [-delay number] [-image file] [-resolution number] [-wireframe] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
Draws a planet bouncing around in space. The built-in image is a map of the earth, but you can wrap any texture around the sphere, e.g., the planetary textures that come with `ssystem'. OPTIONS
-visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -light | -no-light Use Flat Coloring. -delay number Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 20000 (0.02 seconds.). -images file The texture map to wrap around the planet's surface. -resolution The resolution of the planet. Default: 128. -wireframe Render in wireframe instead of solid. -fps Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 by David Konerding. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
David Konerding. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) glplanet(6x)