Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to read POSIX?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to read POSIX? Post 302079809 by robin.zhu on Thursday 13th of July 2006 04:56:42 AM
Old 07-13-2006
how to read POSIX?

how to read POSIX? poe six or not?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ANSI C vs POSIX

can somebody explain about the ANSI C vs POSIX. say i was using open and fopen, i know that open is POSIX, and fopen is ANSI C. i read that that POSIX is a system call and ANSI C is like a standard library function. wouldn't the fopen function has to call on open function anyway to open any kind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb00y
2 Replies

2. Programming

Unix(posix)

Please,does anybody can give me any general info about unix(posix) ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haris Astreos
1 Replies

3. Programming

POSIX threads

Hello ! Let's supose I have a main function in C , and two POSIX threads. I give you an example down : int main() { int something; char else; void *FirstThread(); void *SecondThread(); .. <start those two pthreads ..> return 0;} void *FirstThread() { ... } void *SecondThread()... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: !_30
2 Replies

4. Programming

Posix

HI, When i am configuring php in SUN Solaris. I am getting the below error. configure: error: Your system seems to lack POSIX threads. Do i need to install POSIX? If so can somebody let me know where can i download POSIX for Solaris 8? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
2 Replies

5. Programming

ResumeThread on POSIX

Hi all How i can create thread in SUSPENDED mode, and resume when i want. I have win code with CreateThread (parameter CREATE_SUSPEND), and Resume Thread, but on POSIX with pthread i cant do it. Please help me. Best regards // Kolesar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kolesar
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Posix threads

Hi, consider the code below: #include <stdio.h> . . struct myStruct { char *message ; int id; }; . . . void *thread_function( void *ptr ); nt main() { pthread_t thread1, thread2 ,thread3 ; struct myStruct nico1; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behnaz
2 Replies

7. Programming

need help with posix threads

Hi, I am new to posix threads. The no of threads to be created depends on the runtime. If I get the number of threads, I need to forward declare pthread_t mythread; how to do that can I use pointers and use malloc()?? I also have another question. The pthread_join is used to make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brett01
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System V or POSIX

Hi , I am using UNIX network programming Vol1 (by R Stevens) book to learn about IPC. I would be using HP-UX,Solaris and Linux at my work. I have sections for POSIX and for System V in that book. I am quite confused in indentifying those OSs as POSIX or SYstem V. Can anyone please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
1 Replies

9. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

10. Programming

POSIX Thread Help

I want to create a program that creates 2 child process, and each of them creates 2 threads, and each thread prints its thread id. I0ve allread done that the outuput isn't the outuput i want. When a run the following comand "$./a.out | sort -u | wc -l" I have the folowing output 2 $: It should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
3 Replies
Mail::Field::AddrList(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Mail::Field::AddrList(3)

NAME
Mail::Field::AddrList - object representation of e-mail address lists INHERITANCE
Mail::Field::AddrList is a Mail::Field SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Field::AddrList; $to = Mail::Field->new('To'); $from = Mail::Field->new('From', 'poe@daimi.aau.dk (Peter Orbaek)'); $from->create('foo@bar.com' => 'Mr. Foo', poe => 'Peter'); $from->parse('foo@bar.com (Mr Foo), Peter Orbaek <poe>'); # make a RFC822 header string print $from->stringify()," "; # extract e-mail addresses and names @addresses = $from->addresses(); # strings @names = $from->names(); # strings @addr = $from->addr_list(); # Mail::Address objects (v2.00) # adjoin a new address to the list $from->set_address('foo@bar.com', 'Mr. Foo'); DESCRIPTION
Defines parsing and formatting of address field, for the following fields: "To", "From", "Cc", "Reply-To", and "Sender". All the normally used features of the address field specification of RFC2822 are implemented, but some complex (and therefore hardly ever used) constructs will not be inderstood. Use Mail::Message::Field::Full in MailBox if you need full RFC compliance. METHODS
Constructors Mail::Field::AddrList->combine(FIELDS) See "Constructors" in Mail::Field Mail::Field::AddrList->extract(TAG, HEAD [, INDEX ]) See "Constructors" in Mail::Field Mail::Field::AddrList->new(TAG [, STRING | OPTIONS]) See "Constructors" in Mail::Field "Fake" constructors $obj->create(OPTIONS) See ""Fake" constructors" in Mail::Field $obj->parse() See ""Fake" constructors" in Mail::Field Accessors $obj->set(OPTIONS) See "Accessors" in Mail::Field $obj->stringify() See "Accessors" in Mail::Field $obj->tag() Mail::Field::AddrList->tag() See "Accessors" in Mail::Field Smart accessors $obj->addr_list() Returns the collected Mail::Address objects. $obj->addresses() Returns a list if email addresses, found in the field content. $obj->names() Returns a list of nicely formatted named, for each of the addresses found in the content. $obj->set_address(EMAIL, NAME) Add/replace an EMAIL address to the field. $obj->text([STRING]) See "Smart accessors" in Mail::Field DIAGNOSTICS
Error: Undefined subroutine <method> called Mail::Field objects use autoloading to compile new functionality. Apparently, the mehod called is not implemented for the specific class of the field object. SEE ALSO
This module is part of the MailTools distribution, http://perl.overmeer.net/mailtools/. AUTHORS
The MailTools bundle was developed by Graham Barr. Later, Mark Overmeer took over maintenance without commitment to further development. Mail::Cap by Gisle Aas <aas@oslonett.no>. Mail::Field::AddrList by Peter Orbaek <poe@cit.dk>. Mail::Mailer and Mail::Send by Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@ig.co.uk>. For other contributors see ChangeLog. LICENSE
Copyrights 1995-2000 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> and 2001-2007 Mark Overmeer <perl@overmeer.net>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.16.2 2012-08-29 Mail::Field::AddrList(3)