Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Copy Folders from Sun Solaris to Windows server. Post 302079751 by chandu_kalari on Wednesday 12th of July 2006 03:46:55 PM
Old 07-12-2006
Need to copy the folders to my local system.

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

I am new to this File system and stuff but I guess you are thinking that I have to copy the files to Windows server. That is not the case. I need to copy the files to my local system. I am sorry I missed this point initially.

Thanks,
Sarath

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Copy folders and subfolders from unix to windows

Sir From a unix machine some folders and their folders have to be copied to windows XP PC. Please help me with a batch file or a shell script. I am new to the the shell and batch files. Thanks in anticipation. sastry (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to transfer files from Windows 2000 Server to Sun Solaris..

Dear Friends, I need to transfer few files from a Windows 2000 server to Sun Solaris system, connected in the same network. This copy should be done as a batch job without asking for password to be entered every time. How to make this possible ??? At present I am using cygwin in my laptop... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Helppppppp I need script Copy permissions of files and folders from one server to another

Helpppppppppppppp Hi.. I have 2 servers with linux suse10. I made a mistake and on one of the servers changed with chmod the permission of root in directory /. In the other servers the permissions are correct Please i need a script, to change the permissions of one server 1, using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ave-phoenix
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need script Copy permissions of files and folders from one server to another

Hi.. I have 2 servers with linux suse10. I made a mistake and on one of the servers changed with chmod the permission of root in directory /. In the other servers the permissions are correct Please i need a script, to change the permissions of one server 1, using the same permission of the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ave-phoenix
11 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows mass copy files with same name in differnt folders

I have files existing with same names in the folders with date as display below c:\2010-09-10 <==== folder arr1.jpg arr2.jpg arr3.jpg arr4.jpg c:\2010-09-09 <==== folder arr1.jpg arr2.jpg c:\2010-09-08 <==== folder arr2.jpg arr3.jpg arr4.jpg ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy User home folders to mounted windows share

First of all, let me state that I am a windows admin. I have a windows share mounted to /mnt/server I need a script that will either login as sudo or perform commands with sudo rights. I need the script to copy all of the users /home folders to the mounted windows share. Now If I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricM
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from Linux server to Windows server

Hi All, I am generating report in a Linux server and once the report is generated the report(.txt file) needs to be automatically saved in a Windows servers. So i am looking for a script to transfer the file automatically from Linux server to Windows server? Please advise. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Need to copy files to Windows from Solaris - sun os 5.6

Hi All, I am supposed to copy files from Solaris to windows on Daily Basis. Have tried using with scp and have error "connection refused" The version is sun os - 5.6 Have checked using ps -ef | grep sshd to find whether the ssh service is running. and i dont find any service... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaymec50
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you compare two folders and copy the difference to a third folder in a remote server?

How do you compare one local folder and a remote folder and copy the difference to a third folder in a remote folder.e.g. Folder A -- Is in a remote server and it has the following files TEST1.OUT TEST2.OUT TEST3.OUT Folder B --Is in a local server and it has the following files ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
5 Replies
Ns_ConnReturnOpen(3aolserver)				   AOLserver Library Procedures 			     Ns_ConnReturnOpen(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_ConnReturnOpenChannel, Ns_ConnReturnOpenFd, Ns_ConnReturnFdEx, Ns_ConnReturnOpenFile - Routines to send open file content SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int int Ns_ConnReturnOpenChannel(conn, status, type, chan, len) int Ns_ConnReturnOpenFd(conn, status, type, fd, len) int Ns_ConnReturnOpenFdex(conn, status, type, fd, off, len) int Ns_ConnReturnOpenFile(conn, status, type, fp, len) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Channel chan (in) Pointer to Tcl_Channel open for read. Ns_Conn conn (in) Pointer to open connection. FILE *fp (in) Pointer to stdio FILE open for read. off_t off (in) Seek offset. int fd (int) File descriptor open for read. int status (in) HTTP status code. char *type (in) Pointer to mimetype string. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These routines are used to generate complete responses, including headers, status codes, content types, and the content copied from the given open file. They all return a status code which is NS_OK if the response was sent or NS_ERROR if an underlying call to sent the con- tent failed. The response will include the given HTTP status code, a content-type header with the given type, and a content-length header with the length specified by len. No character output encoding or gzip compression is performed on the content. For Ns_ConnReturnOpenFdEx, copying begins at the offset specified by the off argument Otherwise, these routines copy from the current read offset in the underlying open file. No attempt is made to serialize access to the underlying object so independent open file objects and/or mutex locking is necessary if the same file is being sent simultaneously to multiple clients. NOTES
Windows Support The Ns_ConnReturnOpenFdEx routine is not currently supported on Windows. When called on Windows, it will always return NS_ERROR. Truncated Result The server will construct a content-length header based on the given len argument. However, the server will send the content with an underlying call to a cooresponding Ns_ConnSend function, e.g., Ns_ConnSendFd for Ns_ConnReturnOpenFd. These functions will send the requested content or all remaining content in the open file if less bytes are avilable without reporting an error due to the trun- cated response. As the headers will have already been flushed before sending the content in this case, the content-length header will not be consistent with the actual bytes sent. If it is not possible to ensure the remaining bytes will be equal or greater to the requested bytes to send, it is possible to specify -1 for len to supress the content-length header entirely. Most browsers will accept this resonse and simply calculate the length from the bytes receieved up until the socket is closed. Performance Consideration As mentioned, these routines use underlying Ns_ConnSendFd style routines to copy and send the content from open files. This is not the approach used by the builtin file-serving code (aka the "fastpath"). The fastpath operates with filenames, not open file objects, and maintains a cached of pre-read or memory mapped regions to accelerate the common case of rapidly sending reasonably sized content to multiple, simultaneous clients. The Ns_ConnReturnFile routine utilizes the underlying fastpath and thus could be a faster means to send static files than directly opening files and calling these API's. SEE ALSO
Ns_ConnReturnFile(3), Ns_ConnFlush(3), Ns_ConnSendFd(3), Ns_ConnReturnData(3) KEYWORDS
connnection, response, file AOLserver 4.0 Ns_ConnReturnOpen(3aolserver)