Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Installing RedHat 8.0 onto Dell PowerEdge SC1425 - hdc: status error: status = 0x58 Post 302079732 by stdout on Wednesday 12th of July 2006 02:44:46 PM
Old 07-12-2006
hello,

do you really need to pass a kernel parameter??

cheers.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Couldn't open status file /var/samba/STATUS.LCK

I believe i have most of samba configured right but i get this error each time time try to run it. I was given suggestion that i touch the file, i did, but i still cannot rid myself of this error. Any suggestions (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
2 Replies

2. Linux Benchmarks

Dell Dual Xeon PowerEdge 4600

Notes: System Configuration: Dell Computer Corporation PowerEdge 4600 (4 X Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.00GHz 1988.782 MHz) hyperthreaded System clock frequency: 99.0827 MHz Memory size (approximate): 2559 Megabytes ========================= CPUs ======================== CPU # CPU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Dell Poweredge 2400 / 533

CPU/Speed: Dual PIII 533 Ram: 256Mb PC133 Motherboard: Unknown, Intel Chipset Cache: 256k on board Controller: PARC Raid 2/Si, AIC-7880U Disk: 30Gb RAID 5 Load: 1 user. Clean boot, init 5 but X-Windows not loaded. Kernel: See Benchmarks. pgms: gcc 3.2.3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garp
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing Solaris 10 on Dell PowerEdge 2800

hi, i am trying to install solaris 10 (on 4 cd's downloaded from the sun website) on my dell poweredge 2800 server. 2 xeon processors, 2GB of RAM and 2 NICS, 73 GB SCSI (maxtor ultra320, 3.5 series), i can give more details on request... the installation crashes when trying to detect the NICS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xinugeek
0 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Linux and Dell 1500sc Poweredge Server

Does anybody no how to get around the fact that the Red Hat installation does not see the SCSI hard drives. It lets you manually pick the proper device, but still fails saying no drive detected (or something to that effect). I was going to install windows 2003 Server and use VMware...but again,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fatflea
1 Replies

6. Programming

/dev/mem on Dell Poweredge

Hi, I have a C++ program to access /dev/mem and retrieve details like Vendor, Manufacturer details of the motherboard. This works fine on all the machines except for on Dell Poweredge 2850,1950... machines. I receive a 'EFAULT' when I try to access /dev/mem on these servers. I suspect some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragisreekanth
1 Replies

7. SCO

Dell PowerEdge 2600 tape backup

I was asked to get a Dell PowerEdge 2600 server, out of warranty, running SCO 3.2v5.06 to perform a full backup. I spent hours researching and preparing a strategy only to fail on-site. The only device names in /dev for a tape drive were /dev/xStp0 /dev/xcdt0 /dev/xct0 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezlarry
6 Replies

8. Programming

How to track table status delete/update/insert status in DB2 V10 z/os?

Dear Team I am using DB2 v10 z/os database . Need expert guidance to figure out best way to track table activities ( Ex Delete, Insert,Update ) Scenario We have a table which is critical and many developer/testing team access on daily basis . We had instance where some deleted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Redhat Virtualization EN error : InitLogger main process terminated with status 1

My server has /var/log/messages with 'init: initLogger main process (608798) terminated with status 1' errors. I researched about the error and also followed the steps from stackexchange : 157059/error-init-ttys0-dev-ttys0-main-process-1612-terminated-with-status-1]linux - ERROR: init: ttyS0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
0 Replies
PASS(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   PASS(4)

NAME
pass -- CAM application passthrough driver SYNOPSIS
device pass DESCRIPTION
The pass driver provides a way for userland applications to issue CAM CCBs to the kernel. Since the pass driver allows direct access to the CAM subsystem, system administrators should exercise caution when granting access to this driver. If used improperly, this driver can allow userland applications to crash a machine or cause data loss. The pass driver attaches to every SCSI device found in the system. Since it attaches to every device, it provides a generic means of access- ing SCSI devices, and allows the user to access devices which have no "standard" peripheral driver associated with them. KERNEL CONFIGURATION
It is only necessary to configure one pass device in the kernel; pass devices are automatically allocated as SCSI devices are found. IOCTLS
CAMIOCOMMAND This ioctl takes most kinds of CAM CCBs and passes them through to the CAM transport layer for action. Note that some CCB types are not allowed through the passthrough device, and must be sent through the xpt(4) device instead. Some examples of xpt-only CCBs are XPT_SCAN_BUS, XPT_DEV_MATCH, XPT_RESET_BUS, XPT_SCAN_LUN, XPT_ENG_INQ, and XPT_ENG_EXEC. These CCB types have various attributes that make it illogical or impossible to service them through the passthrough interface. CAMGETPASSTHRU This ioctl takes an XPT_GDEVLIST CCB, and returns the passthrough device corresponding to the device in question. Although this ioctl is available through the pass driver, it is of limited use, since the caller must already know that the device in question is a passthrough device if they are issuing this ioctl. It is probably more useful to issue this ioctl through the xpt(4) device. FILES
/dev/passn Character device nodes for the pass driver. There should be one of these for each device accessed through the CAM subsystem. DIAGNOSTICS
None. SEE ALSO
cam(3), cam(4), cam_cdbparse(3), xpt(4), camcontrol(8) HISTORY
The CAM passthrough driver first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
Kenneth Merry <ken@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
It might be nice to have a way to asynchronously send CCBs through the passthrough driver. This would probably require some sort of read/write interface or an asynchronous ioctl interface. BSD
October 10, 1998 BSD