Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help configuring Flat LCD Monitor Post 302079667 by reborg on Wednesday 12th of July 2006 08:06:45 AM
Old 07-12-2006
That might be possible if SPARC solaris used Xorg, but it does not, it used Xsun with compatibility links, it is unlikly that an xorg.conf will be found anywhere on this system.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

DELL LCD monitor falls asleep

after sometime and will not wake up until we reboot the system. It is a DELL 24" LCD connected to a sunblade 1500. my power.conf file is set like this: # more /etc/power.conf # Copyright (c) 1996 - 2001 by Sun Microsystems, Inc. # All rights reserved. # #pragma ident ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvmagic
0 Replies

2. SCO

LCD, only 22 lines?

I have a client running SCO openserver 5.0.4, character based The old 17" tube monitor died, and I replaced with an LCD monitor. I can only see 22 lines of text on-screen at a time. The LCD's have setup adjustment for scrolling up and down, but not to zoom in and out to make it fit. I swapped... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waywardfool
3 Replies

3. AIX

LCD codes on a P570

Anyone out there know what the LCD code 0569 means. I have a list of codes but 569 is not on it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
5 Replies

4. Linux

fedora core 6 not supported for acer lcd monitor

hi all i brought a new acer 17" widescreen lcd monitor . fedora core linux 6 in not displaying on the monitor . giving a error input not supported please let me know wht i can do (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nageshrk
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Webin cannot lcd

Hi all, I am using a ubuntu 9.4 server as ftps server. We have scripts that transfer files to our customers and it is scheduled by a cron job via webmin 1.510. Here is a sample of my script psftp user@hostname lcd /FolderA/Outgoing cd FolderREm mput * When I run a cron job manually the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marko75
0 Replies

6. War Stories

One time I fixed an LCD monitor with a folded piece of paper

Some of the colors weren't working on the Monitor. I found pressing around the plastic border of the screen brought them back. I opened the monitor casing and used the folded paper to put pressure against the LCD panel and housing. Wah Lah. More of a bend than a hack I guess. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
2 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
V4L(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    V4L(4)

NAME
v4l - video4linux driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Module" ... Load "v4l" EndSection DESCRIPTION
v4l is an Xorg driver for video4linux cards. It provides a Xvideo extension port for video overlay. Just add the driver to the module list within the module section of your xorg.conf file if you want to use it. There are no config options. Note that the extmod module is also required for the Xvideo support (and lots of other extensions too). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
The v4l driver works with every piece of hardware which is supported by a video4linux (kernel-) device driver and is able to handle video overlay. bt848/bt878-based TV cards are the most popular hardware these days. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), xorgconfig(1), Xserver(1), X(7) AUTHORS
Authors include: Gerd Knorr <kraxel@bytesex.org> X Version 11 xf86-video-v4l 0.2.0 V4L(4)