Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: heapdump full the /
Operating Systems AIX heapdump full the / Post 302079634 by khalifah on Wednesday 12th of July 2006 03:04:35 AM
Old 07-12-2006
heapdump full the /

Hi everybody;
Javaecore files and heapdump created every day in my system in the "/" and make it full. Is there any way to disable this core files or change there directory from the "/" to "/tmp".
Note that AIX level is 5.2 with ML 6.

BeSt ReGaRs

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/ is full HELP

Hi.. i am having a problem, for some reason my / directory is 100 % full.. and i didn't install or anything on it.. it has almost 2 gig on thr root directory.. maybe i am missing some concept because i do not understand why it get full. it is happening on all three of my system.. and i always... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/ is full

Hi Exprts, I faced this problem several times, which / file system is full (near 100%) and "proc" under that is the main reason. i don't know how to reduce the size as all directories under proc seems important & other dir/files under / are OS related & could not be removed. could anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full Partition?

Hi Everyone, I think I've filled up one of the partitions on my drive. I suspect that one of the applications I've been running has been spitting out junk files to this partition - most of which can be deleted. The problem is that I have no idea how to go look at what's on that partition and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Choppy
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

directory full?

I'm not a unix admin, just fell into support, so I may be asking a real duh question. Client runs a PeopleSoft HR/Payrool system. The batch server runs in HPUX PA_RISC 11.11 When a batch process runs, output is written to "staging" directory. When the job finishes, successfully or not, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to analyze heapdump/coredump in solaris

Hello Friends, Need your help !! I have WebSphere Application Server 6 running on Solaris 10, some of my applications are facing out of memory errors. I have tried increasing the heapsize, still I am getting same messages randomly. I have used kill -3 <PID> to generate the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahilsardana
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

7. Linux

How - Heapdump in Linux - kill -3

Hi can someone tell me what does kill -3 processid does? kill -3 PID Would it create a heapdump? If not , can you tell me how I can create a heapdump of a process in linux? Or heapdump related to java processes only ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

/ is full

/ has become full.... So i'm unable to login to the server. What should i do now ?? please help me... Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
4 Replies

9. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)