Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help configuring Flat LCD Monitor Post 302079575 by dcshungu on Tuesday 11th of July 2006 12:38:00 PM
Old 07-11-2006
Help configuring Flat LCD Monitor

Smilie Hi there!
I just purchased and hooked up to my Sun Blade 1000 running SunOs 5.9, a 20.1-in flat panel LCD monitor. I rebooted the system and the input signal to the monitor was fine at boot up until it started X-win, then the following message was displayed:

Video Input
2 D-SUB
Out of Range.

Consulting the documentation that came with the monitor, I get this:

OUT OF RANGE: When input signal is non-supported timing or the video signal doesn't have proper timing, the “Out of Range” window will appear.

I suspect that I need to set the resolution and timing somewhere, but I am not sure how and where. I also suspect that will have to interrupt starting X-win and work from the terminal mode as root, since I get nothing on the display when X-win is started. The recommended resolution and frequency: 1600x1200 @ 60 Hz.

Any assistance would be appreciated...

Thank you!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

DELL LCD monitor falls asleep

after sometime and will not wake up until we reboot the system. It is a DELL 24" LCD connected to a sunblade 1500. my power.conf file is set like this: # more /etc/power.conf # Copyright (c) 1996 - 2001 by Sun Microsystems, Inc. # All rights reserved. # #pragma ident ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvmagic
0 Replies

2. SCO

LCD, only 22 lines?

I have a client running SCO openserver 5.0.4, character based The old 17" tube monitor died, and I replaced with an LCD monitor. I can only see 22 lines of text on-screen at a time. The LCD's have setup adjustment for scrolling up and down, but not to zoom in and out to make it fit. I swapped... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waywardfool
3 Replies

3. AIX

LCD codes on a P570

Anyone out there know what the LCD code 0569 means. I have a list of codes but 569 is not on it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
5 Replies

4. Linux

fedora core 6 not supported for acer lcd monitor

hi all i brought a new acer 17" widescreen lcd monitor . fedora core linux 6 in not displaying on the monitor . giving a error input not supported please let me know wht i can do (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nageshrk
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Webin cannot lcd

Hi all, I am using a ubuntu 9.4 server as ftps server. We have scripts that transfer files to our customers and it is scheduled by a cron job via webmin 1.510. Here is a sample of my script psftp user@hostname lcd /FolderA/Outgoing cd FolderREm mput * When I run a cron job manually the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marko75
0 Replies

6. War Stories

One time I fixed an LCD monitor with a folded piece of paper

Some of the colors weren't working on the Monitor. I found pressing around the plastic border of the screen brought them back. I opened the monitor casing and used the folded paper to put pressure against the LCD panel and housing. Wah Lah. More of a bend than a hack I guess. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
2 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
win(1)							      General Commands Manual							    win(1)

NAME
win - Terminal emulator SYNOPSIS
win [-v] [-t name] [command [argument ...]] address OPTIONS
-v If the -v option is present, win prints its version number and date and exits. -tname If the -t option is present, win uses +name as the final part of the tag name of its window. DESCRIPTION
win must be able to connect to a running wily(1). win attaches to a window. If the -t option is present, the final part of the tag name is name. If command is present, the final part of the tag name is +command. Otherwise, the final part of the tag name is +win. The first part of the tag name is the current working directory. win runs a program in a child process. The child process is the leader of a process group and is connected to win by a pseudo-terminal. If command is specified, the child process runs $SHELL -c 'command argument ...' otherwise it runs $SHELL -i If SHELL is not found in the environment, /bin/sh is used. TERM=win is placed in the environment of the running program. Output from the running command appears in the window. The point after the last output from the running command is known as the output point. Further output from the running command appears just before the output point. The output point is initially at the end of the win- dow. Normal wily editing commands work in the window. When a newline, interrupt character, or end-of-file character is created after the output point, the text between the output point and the last newline, interrupt character, or end-of-file character in the window (inclusive) is passed to the running program as input. The interrupt character is control-C and the end-of-file character is control-D. The pseudo-terminal initially is configured so that these are recognized with their normal meanings. The B2 commands beginning with the |, <, or > characters or an upper case letter are executed normally by wily. Other B2 are first termi- nated with a newline, if they are not already, and are then appended to the buffer (and thereafter passed to the running program). RETURNS
win returns zero if it is able to successfully create the child process, otherwise it returns non-zero. EXAMPLES
Run a terminal emulator within wily win Run FTP within wily win ftp Run rlogin within wily win -t host.domain rlogin -8 host.domain SEE ALSO
wily(1) Tag(1) Man(1) BUGS
win doesn't follow changes to the terminal attributes. In particular, there is no way to stop echoing or to change its concept of the interrupt and eof characters. rlogin seems to need -8 and, annoyingly, sets echo and onlcr. The latter can be fixed in your .rcrc: if ( ~ $TERM win ) { stty -echo -onlcr } win doesn't follow changes to the terminal attributes. In particular, there is no way to stop echoing or to change its concept of the interrupt and eof characters. WEdestroy messages aren't yet passed by wily. Thus, Del and Delcol can delete the window yet leave win running. There is a race condition; the user can press newline and then delete text before win has a chance to read it. AUTHOR
win was originally written by Gary Capell (gary@cs.su.oz.au). Alan Watson (alan@oldp.nmsu.edu) rewrote it and added support for arguments, pseudo-terminals instead of pipes, and execution of certain B2 commands by wily. The pseudo-terminal support in 9term, written by Matty Farrow (matty@cs.su.oz.au), was a great help. 1R1.1L1 of 1D1 win(1)