Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text File error in email
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text File error in email Post 302079574 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 11th of July 2006 12:27:21 PM
Old 07-11-2006
If the csv comes from Winodws and the chars look like ^M in vi, then
Code:
dos2ux  test.txt > tmp.tmp
uuencode tmp.tmp Today_test.txt | mail -s 'file' you@some.com

dos2ux maybe called dos2unix on your box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk error in sorting text file

Hi Having a file as below file.txt error Server Network Name Dept Date Time =========================================================================================================================== 0 ServerA LAN1 AAA IT01 04/30/2008 09:16:26 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bold Text In Email

Hello, I email some info daily to my employees using a script. But they tend to overlook an important part so I wanted to bold that particular section. Everyone here uses outlook to receive their emails. I would like to know how to send an email to my employees with some parts in bold. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amonkira
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with sending email(to include contents of text file)

Hello, I was using a shell script for sending contents of a text file(email.report) to different users. I was using the below command in my script to send email... cat email.report | /usr/bin/mailx -s $REQ_SUBJECT -h 5 abc@xyz.com It was working fine all these days but now all of a sudden it... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a scripts to kill idle user for 60 min. & email user list to admin in text file

Folks, I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. Please correct it if I'm missing something in it. (OS: AIX 5.3) List the idle user. (I used whoidle command to list first 15 user and get username, idle time, pid and login time).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with email to be triggered based on fatal error detection from batch run log file neded

Hi, I require need help in two aspects actually: 1) Fatal error that gets generated as %F% from a log file say ABClog.dat to trigger a mail. At present I manually grep the log file as <grep %F% ABClog.dat| cut-d "%" -f1>. The idea is to use this same logic to grep the log file which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zico1986
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to email text, getting blank email

Hello, and thank you for help in advance, i seem to have this script working, except for the email part, it sends me a blank email, am i not redirecting the output of my text file the right way? #!/usr/bin/ksh rm installed_zones.txt installed=/home/xxx/stuff/installed_zones.txt for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file, add some text and send an email

Hi, If I am asking this question, you must have already figured out , that I am new to Unix, so here it goes I was trying to read a file, add some user defined content to it and send out an email , I did find out a way to achieve this, but looking at the code, it looks a bit crude to me, can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikbhuvana
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check Error File attach and email zip file

I need something to say if these two file extensions exist in this directory *err and *rpt zip up these files into one zip file and email them to me. If they don't exist wait 2 hours and check again.... Not sure how to determine if I need to do an if then statement or a while true or a for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)