Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Production Directory Structures Post 302079543 by jbrubaker on Tuesday 11th of July 2006 09:44:05 AM
Old 07-11-2006
I'm a little confused. When you say "keep major applications in their own file systems" do you mean create their own directories at the root level????

After briefly reading the detailed document you provided (thanks) it said that you should not create additional subdirectories at the root level.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pointer to structures

Dear friends I have a bit basic doubts in pointers and the structures inter relationships. the first one. static struct apvt { int dead; int pending; int abouttograb; }*agents=NULL; what agents pointer is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tech_voip
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help:comparing two directory tree structures only

Hi I what, a script snippet for "comparing two directory tree structures only " not the contents of directories(like files..etc). Thanking you a lot. Regards Rajesh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_thota
7 Replies

3. Programming

Programming using Structures

Hi All, I was given a format of a file, and was asked to write a program which displays the data contained in the file in that purticular format. Its all so confusing. Please find the example of the format as well the code I have written in the attachment. I hope any one of u guyz can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
0 Replies

4. Linux

about system structures

hello can any1 plz tell me about the system defined structures (like sysinfo) which wil give system and n/w charecteristics (ex: freeram in sysinfo). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeenat
1 Replies

5. Programming

Dynamically allocated structures in C

I have a pointer to a structure containing an integer pointer: struct members { int id; int *neigh; }; The number of members N and its neighbors M change as the code runs, so I allocate the memory dynamically: members *grid = malloc(sizeof(members)*N); for(i=0;i<N;i++)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brinch
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete duplicate files from one of two directory structures

Hello everyone, I have been struggling to clean up a back-up mess I created when manually duplicating a directory structure and then working in both of them.. The structures now are significantly different and contain in the order of 15 k files of which most are duplicates. Now I am trying to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: procreator
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Data Structures

Here is what i need to do. @data #has all column wise data so say info for col 1 location for all rows would be in this array $array = \@data But i need to create a file which should contain these information in a format for all columns even if i have got no values from some of the index... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
0 Replies

8. BSD

Copying OpenBSD Kernel from a non production to production machine

Hi All, There are few OpenBSD 4.8 servers without compiler installed at my working place. However, sometimes there are some patches released for patching the kernel. My question is: Can I setup a non production OpenBSD 4.8 server as a test machine with compiler installed and use it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
1 Replies

9. Programming

Signalsafe data structures

Hello, I have a signal handler which manipulates a data structure. The data structure's operations aren't atomic. So if two threads/processes are in a critical section at the same time the data structure will be broken. With threads you can avoid this stuff with semaphores etc. However,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlegnome
10 Replies

10. Programming

C- static initialization of structures

Situation: I have an array of structures: struct my_struct_type { char tags_sn; char group_c; char is_err_c; }; struct my_struct_type stuff = { "abcd", 'A', 'E', "efgh", 'B', 'E', "ijkl", 'C', 'E' NULL, '\0', '\0' ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: garysk
14 Replies
libmapiadmin/libmapiadmin.h(3)					   libmapiadmin 				    libmapiadmin/libmapiadmin.h(3)

NAME
libmapiadmin/libmapiadmin.h - Structures for MAPI admin functions. SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdbool.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdint.h> #include <talloc.h> #include <ldb.h> #include <tevent.h> #include 'libmapi/libmapi.h' Data Structures struct mapiadmin_ctx MAPI admin function context. Functions struct mapiadmin_ctx * mapiadmin_init (struct mapi_session *) Create and initialise a mapiadmin_ctx structure. enum MAPISTATUS mapiadmin_release (struct mapiadmin_ctx *) Clean up a mapiadmin_ctx structure. enum MAPISTATUS mapiadmin_user_add (struct mapiadmin_ctx *) Add a user to Active Directory. enum MAPISTATUS mapiadmin_user_del (struct mapiadmin_ctx *) Delete a user from Active Directory. enum MAPISTATUS mapiadmin_user_extend (struct mapiadmin_ctx *) Extend user attributes to be Exchange user. Detailed Description Structures for MAPI admin functions. Function Documentation struct mapiadmin_ctx* mapiadmin_init (struct mapi_session *session) [read] Create and initialise a mapiadmin_ctx structure. You should use mapiadmin_release to clean up the mapiadmin_ctx structure when done. enum MAPISTATUS mapiadmin_release (struct mapiadmin_ctx *mapiadmin_ctx) Clean up a mapiadmin_ctx structure. The structure is assumed to have been allocated using mapiadmin_init() or equivalent code. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libmapiadmin from the source code. Version 1.0 Sat Jun 14 2014 libmapiadmin/libmapiadmin.h(3)