Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX 386 & HPUX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX 386 & HPUX Post 302079522 by Neo on Tuesday 11th of July 2006 05:31:04 AM
Old 07-11-2006
Use the GCC Complier on Both Platforms.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX for 386 SX 4MB RAM

How, where from and which UNIX or LINUX can I download so that I can use it normally working on 386 SX 4MB RAM. I want to use only its basic functions and C and C++ compiler on it. I need it for my studies. P.S I need a stable UNIX or LINUX including a full set of functions of C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Traiancho
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unix V/386 Help

I'm new in this.. I want to install SCO Unix in a Intel 166Mhz with 1GB HDD. I have the fowllowing disks with labels: -1 disk of SCO Unix System v/386 Operation system Installation. -2 disks of SCO Unix System v/386 Operation system (extended Utilities) -6 disks of SCO Unix System v/386... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix V/386

where can i get a boot diskette for my old SCO UNIX V/386 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LEO P. CAPARAS
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIX System V/386, Release 3.2

I was just wondering if there is a way to recursive grep for something in this version of UNIX... so that I don't have to do it a directory at a time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
1 Replies

5. Programming

do you have unix for 386

hello!i have a 8 year old computer.it's 386dx, 40mhz,4mb edo ram,and it has 400mb hd.i'm looking for unix or linux which can work on my computer.if you know where can i find it please help me.if you have one please send it to ilovebasic@yahoo.com. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfjfgkþo
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Where can I find a Unix OS that will run on a 386 processor?

Hey, can anyone recommend a URL (or website) where I can download a basic (or old) UNIX OS that will run on an ancient laptop that has a 386 processor, 4MB of RAM and a 40MB harddrive? Your help and suggestions are much appreciated! :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: methudrez
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix and the maximum number of processes under a 386 box.

Hi ! I would like to know if Unix could launch more than 8192 processes , which is the maximum number of LDTs on a 386 box. Is this done by swapping some memory on the disk ? Thanks for your answers. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krhamidou
0 Replies

8. SCO

sco unix v/386 boot disk

anyone know where I can download or get a boot disk for sco unix v/386? I have an old PC running sco unix v/386 3.2. I dont have an install or boot disk. I need to reset the root password. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find it anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: format
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What version of unix for a 386

I have already learned everything possible from windows or all that I at least care to learn and am now looking to move onto unix. My problem is that I have never used unix nor do I know anyone who has. If anyone could give any clues to what version/make of unix would be best on an old 386 box then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tabodi
7 Replies

10. SCO

Sco unix v/386 3.2 problem boot and install

Hi i have a problem after boot with N1 disk and putting N2 disk and pressing the enter in this message:Insert N2(filesystem) floppy and press after by this(pressing enter) the system is reboot!! why??? :confused: my old pc is a Pentium II 333mhz 3gb hd 64mb ram please help!! :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panos_pit
3 Replies
IRCD(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   IRCD(8)

NAME
ircd - The Undernet Internet Relay Chat Daemon SYNOPSIS
ircd [-t] [-d directory] [-f configfile] [-x debuglevel] [-h hostname] DESCRIPTION
ircd is the Undernet Internet Relay Chat daemon. ircd is a server in that its function is to "serve" the client program irc(1) with messages and commands. All commands and user messages are passed directly to ircd for processing and relaying to other servers. irc(1) depends upon there being an ircd server running somewhere for it to connect to and thus allow the user to begin talking to other users. There are many common clients including ircII, EPIC, and BitchX for UNIX, mIRC and pIRCh for Windows, and IRCle and Homer for the Macintosh. OPTIONS
-d directory This option tells the server to change to that directory and use that as a reference point when opening ircd.conf and other startup files. -t Instructs the server run in the foreground and to direct debugging output to standard output. -x# Defines the debug level for ircd. The higher the debug level, the more messages get directed to debugging file (or standard output if the -t option is used). -w interface This option is deprecated. Outgoing connections are bound to the interface specified in the M: line, and incoming connections are accepted only on interfaces specified in the P: lines. -f filename Specifies the ircd.conf file to be used for this server. The option is used to override the default ircd.conf given at compile time. -c This flag must be given if you are running ircd from /dev/console or any other situation where fd 0 isn't a TTY and you want the server to fork off and run in the background. This needs to be given if you are starting ircd from an rc (such as /etc/rc.local) file. -h hostname Allows the user to manually set the server name at startup. The default name is hostname.domainname. -p portname This is deprecated in favor of specifying server ports in P: lines. CONFIGURATION
If you plan to connect your ircd server to an existing IRC network, you will need to alter your local ircd configuration file (typically named ircd.conf) so that it will accept and make connections to other IRC servers. This file contains the hostnames, network addresses, and passwords for connections to other IRC servers around the world. Because the description of the ircd.conf file is beyond the scope of this document, please refer to the INSTALL file in the ircd documentation directory. BOOTING THE SERVER: The ircd server can be started as part of the UNIX boot procedure or just by placing the server into Unix Background. Keep in mind that if it is *not* part of your UNIXES Boot-up procedure then you will have to manually start the ircd server each time your UNIX is rebooted. This means if your UNIX is prone to crashing or going for for repairs a lot it would make sense to start the ircd server as part of your UNIX bootup procedure. In some cases the irc(1) will automatically attempt to boot the ircd server if the user is on the SAME UNIX that the ircd is supposed to be running on. If the irc(1) cannot connect to the ircd server it will try to start the server on it's own and will then try to reconnect to the newly booted ircd server. EXAMPLE
tolsun% ircd Places ircd into UNIX Background and starts up the server for use. Note: You do not have to add the "&" to this command, the program will automatically detach itself from tty. COPYRIGHT
(c) 1988,1989 University of Oulu, Computing Center, Finland, (c) 1988,1989 Department of Information Processing Science, University of Oulu, Finland (c) 1988,1989,1990,1991 Jarkko Oikarinen For full COPYRIGHT see LICENSE file with IRC package. FILES
/etc/utmp "ircd.conf" SEE ALSO
irc(1) BUGS
See the file 'BUGS' included in the distribution. AUTHOR
The current authors of the undernet IRC daemon are coder-com@undernet.org, the original author was Jarkko Oikarinen. 10 July 2000 IRCD(8)