Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to share the unix file for other client 's access Post 302079501 by floopw on Tuesday 11th of July 2006 01:52:38 AM
Old 07-11-2006
thank you for your advice .
But could you give me more details for me to shorten the range . Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ??

hello everybody i have one quetion :( about how i can share my file in windows to use it in linux explane i have to opreating system windows xp and linux fedore core and unix ( sun solaris 10 ) and i want to open me file that is storege in windows <<< want to open it in unix or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msn22
4 Replies

2. AIX

Access windows share from AIX

How in AIX 5.1 can I access a windows shared drive without using NFS. I have looked into cifs but I can not seem to find the package that I need to install for AIX 5.1 if anyone can give me any further direction please let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chefsride
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX to access Windows share

Are there any special requirements/tools needed for a AIX server to see (copy data) a Windows share? Only need 1-way copy (Windows-to-AIX). (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkb
8 Replies

4. Red Hat

Not able to mount NFS share on client side

When i tried to mount the nfs i see this error message mount -t nfs 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 /nfsmount mount: 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied and the /etc/exports file in the host side looks like this /remote/proj1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinathk
12 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Script that, if file exists in Samba share, moves file to Unix server

I'm looking to do pretty much what the title says. I want a script that runs, it can run on Unix or Windows, doesn't matter, and searches a Samba shares for a .txt file. If the file exists, the script will move (or possibly copy) the file from the Samba share into a directory on our Unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: twcostello
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get file from share drive when filename with spaces using samba client?

Hi Team, I am not able to get file name from shared drive when filename have spaces in it. following command i am using. filename="REP00105 - ABC XYZ (SCM)_ 1.TXT" /hfx/opt/samba220/bin/smbclient \\\\${nt_host}\\${nt_share} ${NT_PASSWORD} -U${NT_USERNAME} -c "cd ${nt_directory}; prompt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Samba Share access from windows

Hello, I want to connect to two samba shares both on the same Linux box but each with a different username from a windows server 2008. I created 2 gpos to connect and I can connect to the shares individually via net use command, but once I entered credentials for one of the shares, it seems I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaineyma
1 Replies
nfs(5nfs)																 nfs(5nfs)

Name
       nfs - Network File System

Description
       The Network File System (NFS) is a specific file system implemented under the Generic File System Interface, as described in

NFS  provides  support  for sharing ordinary files and directories in a multivendor networking environment.  The system administrator for a
       file server machine makes a file system available for remote access by placing the name of the file system to be shared in an export  list.
       The  administrator for a client machine can import a file system from any server machine that has granted access permission to the request-
       ing client machine.  A complete exported file system or any subtree of an exported file system can be imported by the client machine.  Once
       imported, users on the client machine can access files in the remote file system as though they were local files.

See Also
       getdirentries(2), getmnt(2), mount(2nfs), mount(2), exports(5nfs), fstab(5), gfsi(5), mount(8nfs), showmount(8nfs)

nfs(5nfs)