Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX 386 & HPUX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX 386 & HPUX Post 302079480 by System Shock on Monday 10th of July 2006 06:53:03 PM
Old 07-10-2006
What do you mean by "the same program"?
You mean the same code compiled in HPUX?
And as for the output, you mean this program actually outputs ASCII codes instead of characters?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX for 386 SX 4MB RAM

How, where from and which UNIX or LINUX can I download so that I can use it normally working on 386 SX 4MB RAM. I want to use only its basic functions and C and C++ compiler on it. I need it for my studies. P.S I need a stable UNIX or LINUX including a full set of functions of C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Traiancho
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unix V/386 Help

I'm new in this.. I want to install SCO Unix in a Intel 166Mhz with 1GB HDD. I have the fowllowing disks with labels: -1 disk of SCO Unix System v/386 Operation system Installation. -2 disks of SCO Unix System v/386 Operation system (extended Utilities) -6 disks of SCO Unix System v/386... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix V/386

where can i get a boot diskette for my old SCO UNIX V/386 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LEO P. CAPARAS
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIX System V/386, Release 3.2

I was just wondering if there is a way to recursive grep for something in this version of UNIX... so that I don't have to do it a directory at a time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
1 Replies

5. Programming

do you have unix for 386

hello!i have a 8 year old computer.it's 386dx, 40mhz,4mb edo ram,and it has 400mb hd.i'm looking for unix or linux which can work on my computer.if you know where can i find it please help me.if you have one please send it to ilovebasic@yahoo.com. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfjfgkþo
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Where can I find a Unix OS that will run on a 386 processor?

Hey, can anyone recommend a URL (or website) where I can download a basic (or old) UNIX OS that will run on an ancient laptop that has a 386 processor, 4MB of RAM and a 40MB harddrive? Your help and suggestions are much appreciated! :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: methudrez
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix and the maximum number of processes under a 386 box.

Hi ! I would like to know if Unix could launch more than 8192 processes , which is the maximum number of LDTs on a 386 box. Is this done by swapping some memory on the disk ? Thanks for your answers. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krhamidou
0 Replies

8. SCO

sco unix v/386 boot disk

anyone know where I can download or get a boot disk for sco unix v/386? I have an old PC running sco unix v/386 3.2. I dont have an install or boot disk. I need to reset the root password. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find it anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: format
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What version of unix for a 386

I have already learned everything possible from windows or all that I at least care to learn and am now looking to move onto unix. My problem is that I have never used unix nor do I know anyone who has. If anyone could give any clues to what version/make of unix would be best on an old 386 box then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tabodi
7 Replies

10. SCO

Sco unix v/386 3.2 problem boot and install

Hi i have a problem after boot with N1 disk and putting N2 disk and pressing the enter in this message:Insert N2(filesystem) floppy and press after by this(pressing enter) the system is reboot!! why??? :confused: my old pc is a Pentium II 333mhz 3gb hd 64mb ram please help!! :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panos_pit
3 Replies
VFTOVP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 VFTOVP(1)

NAME
vftovp - convert virtual font (vf) files to virtual property lists (vpl) SYNOPSIS
vftovp [OPTIONS] vf_name[.vf] [tfm_name[.tfm] [vpl_name[.vpl]]] DESCRIPTION
This manual page is not meant to be exhaustive. The complete documentation for this version of TeX can be found in the info file or manual Web2C: A TeX implementation. The vftovp program translates a (program-oriented) virtual font file and its accompanying TeX font metric file to a (human-oriented) prop- erty list file. Thus, the virtual font can be edited, and its exact contents can be displayed mnemonically. It also serves as a VF-file validating program; if no error messages are given, the input files are correct. The filenames are extended with the appropriate extension if necessary. OPTIONS
-charcode-format=format The argument format specifies how character codes are output in the VPL file. By default, only letters and digits are output using the C integer code (i.e., in ASCII); the others are output in octal. (Unless the font's coding scheme starts with TeX math sy or TeX math ex, when all are output in octal.) If format is ascii, all character codes that correspond to graphic characters, besides the left and right parentheses, are output in ASCII. On the other hand, if format is octal, all character codes are output in octal. -verbose Without this option, vftovp operates silently. With it, a banner and progress report are printed on stdout. ENVIRONMENT
vftovp looks for vf_name using the environment variable VFFONTS. If that is not set, it uses the variable TEXFONTS. If that is not set, it uses the system default. See tex(1) for the details of the searching. SEE ALSO
pltotf(1), tftopl(1), vptovf(1). AUTHORS
Donald E. Knuth wrote the program, based in part on an idea of David Fuchs, starting with the code for tftopl(1). Karl Berry adapted it for compilation with web2c. Web2C 2012 19 December 1994 VFTOVP(1)