Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problems in redirecting TOP
Operating Systems Solaris problems in redirecting TOP Post 302079417 by rana_d on Monday 10th of July 2006 10:05:37 AM
Old 07-10-2006
Doesn't looks like a permission issue, because when i run it from the cmd prompt, it is apperaring fine. Problem is occuring only in case of redirecing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Have Top Display The Top 20 Processes??

how can i do that in a script withough havin the script halt at the section where the top command is located. am writign a script that will send me the out put of unx commands if the load average of a machine goes beyond the recommended number. top -n 20 i want to save this output to a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. Programming

Redirecting

How to redirect the contents of a file to a command? The contents of the file are the arguments necessary for the command. thx in advance. bye svh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Problems Installing Top

I've been trying to install Top on our Solaris box but it's giving me some trouble. The uname -a command shows SunOS servername 5.9 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250 I downloaded Top form www.unixtop.com. On the initial install I got errors because I didn't have a C compiler installed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MX redirecting

I in no means consider myself a expert in unix however my question is a little more complex. I am running a mac os 10 server and all web settings and email settings have been set up using the unix terminal. I am in the process or redirecting my mxrecords to a spam filtering company but i am... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbredthauer
11 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache redirecting

Dear All I need to redirect requests coming in on a second domain, to a page within an existing web site. So basicly http:\\webtest should be redirected to http:\\ustnd5\ukt\newsroom\newsroom.jsp I have the line ProxyPassReverse /ukt/newsroom/newsroom.jsp http://webtest:10080/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wjones
1 Replies

6. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdin from fd 3-9?

Hi I'm trying to do something on the bash command line that I will later put into a bash shell script. I'm trying to take a program that reads stdin (using getline) and be able to keep it running in the background and fire "commands" to it. So what I thought I should do was to try taking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceguyeddie
3 Replies

8. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting help

I am trying to create the file and redirect the output in the same command line which is line 4 in the below program. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter File Name:" value1 echo "Your File Name is $value1" sed 's/abcd/'$value1'/g' abcd_calls > $value1_calls This is the error it generates ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clarification about redirecting

Hi AM Using Unix Aix Used ${CMD} 2> ${ERR} Dont get what above statement works . SCRIPT=`basename $0` ERR=$PWD/$SCRIPT.err DATE=`date +"%d/%m/%Y"` CMD=2 ${CMD} 2> ${ERR} if then echo "SUCCESS" else echo "FAILURE" fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies
semctl(2)							System Calls Manual							 semctl(2)

NAME
semctl() - semaphore control operations SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call provides a variety of semaphore control operations as specified by cmd. The fourth argument is optional and depends on the operation requested. If present, it must be of type which the application program must explicitly declare. For the meaning of unspecified variables, see in glossary(9). The following values for cmd are executed with respect to the semaphore specified by semid and semnum: Returns the semaphore value. Requires semaphore Read permission. Sets the value of the semaphore to arg.val, where arg is the fourth argument of taken as a When this cmd is successfully executed, the semadj value corresponding to the specified semaphore in all processes is cleared. Requires semaphore Alter permission. Returns the pid of the last process that performed a semaphore operation on this semaphore. Requires semaphore Read permission. Returns count of the number of processes that are currently suspended awaiting this semaphore's value to become greater than its current value. Requires semaphore Read permission. Returns count of the number of processes that are currently suspended awaiting this semaphore's value to become zero. Requires semaphore Read permission. The following values for cmd return and set, respectively, every semaphore in the set of semaphores. Place semaphore value into array pointed to by arg.array, where arg is the fourth argument of taken as a Requires semaphore Read permission. Set semaphore value according to the array pointed to by arg.array, where arg is the fourth argument of taken as a When this cmd is suc- cessfully executed, the semadj values corresponding to each specified semaphore in all processes are cleared. Requires semaphore Alter permission. The following values for cmd are also available: Place the current value of each member of the data structure associated with semid into the structure pointed to by arg.buf, where arg is the fourth argument of taken as a The contents of this structure are defined in glossary(9). Requires semaphore Read permission. Set the value of the following members of the data structure associated with semid to the corresponding value found in the structure pointed to by arg.buf, where arg is the fourth argument of taken as a This cmd can only be executed by a process that has an effective user ID equal to either that of a user with the privi- lege or to the value of either or in the data structure associated with semid. Remove the semaphore identifier specified by semid from the system and destroy the set of semaphores and data structure associated with it. This cmd can only be executed by a process that has an effective user ID equal to either that of a user with the privilege or to the value of either or in the data structure associated with semid. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call are subject to compartmental restrictions. See compartments(5) for more infor- mation about compartmentalization on systems that support that feature. Compartmental restrictions can be overridden if the process pos- sesses the privilege (PRIV_COMMALLOWED). Processes owned by the superuser may not have this privilege. Processes owned by any user may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require one or more privileges. Processes owned by the superuser have many, though not all, privileges. Processes owned by other users may have privilege(s), depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns a value based on cmd. All others return If it fails, it returns and sets to indicate the error. ERRORS
If fails, it sets to one of the following values: Operation permission is denied to the calling process (see in glossary(9). cmd is or and arg is an invalid pointer. semid is not a valid semaphore identifier. semnum is less than zero or greater than or equal cmd is not a valid command, or the command contains invalid parameters. cmd is equal to or and the process does not have an effective user ID equal to either that of a user with the privilege or to the value of either or in the data structure associated with semid. cmd is or and the value to which semaphore value is to be set is greater than the system imposed maximum. EXAMPLES
The following call to initializes the set of 4 semaphores to the values 0, 1, 0, and 1 respectively. This example assumes the process has a valid semid representing a set of 4 semaphores as shown in the semget(2) manual entry. For an example of performing "P" and "V" opera- tions on the semaphores below, refer to semop(2). SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcs(1), semget(2), semop(2), privileges(5), glossary(9). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
semctl(2)