Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problems in redirecting TOP
Operating Systems Solaris problems in redirecting TOP Post 302079372 by rana_d on Monday 10th of July 2006 04:04:01 AM
Old 07-10-2006
That didn't work, the problem i mentioned still persistes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Have Top Display The Top 20 Processes??

how can i do that in a script withough havin the script halt at the section where the top command is located. am writign a script that will send me the out put of unx commands if the load average of a machine goes beyond the recommended number. top -n 20 i want to save this output to a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. Programming

Redirecting

How to redirect the contents of a file to a command? The contents of the file are the arguments necessary for the command. thx in advance. bye svh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Problems Installing Top

I've been trying to install Top on our Solaris box but it's giving me some trouble. The uname -a command shows SunOS servername 5.9 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250 I downloaded Top form www.unixtop.com. On the initial install I got errors because I didn't have a C compiler installed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MX redirecting

I in no means consider myself a expert in unix however my question is a little more complex. I am running a mac os 10 server and all web settings and email settings have been set up using the unix terminal. I am in the process or redirecting my mxrecords to a spam filtering company but i am... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbredthauer
11 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache redirecting

Dear All I need to redirect requests coming in on a second domain, to a page within an existing web site. So basicly http:\\webtest should be redirected to http:\\ustnd5\ukt\newsroom\newsroom.jsp I have the line ProxyPassReverse /ukt/newsroom/newsroom.jsp http://webtest:10080/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wjones
1 Replies

6. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdin from fd 3-9?

Hi I'm trying to do something on the bash command line that I will later put into a bash shell script. I'm trying to take a program that reads stdin (using getline) and be able to keep it running in the background and fire "commands" to it. So what I thought I should do was to try taking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceguyeddie
3 Replies

8. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting help

I am trying to create the file and redirect the output in the same command line which is line 4 in the below program. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter File Name:" value1 echo "Your File Name is $value1" sed 's/abcd/'$value1'/g' abcd_calls > $value1_calls This is the error it generates ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clarification about redirecting

Hi AM Using Unix Aix Used ${CMD} 2> ${ERR} Dont get what above statement works . SCRIPT=`basename $0` ERR=$PWD/$SCRIPT.err DATE=`date +"%d/%m/%Y"` CMD=2 ${CMD} 2> ${ERR} if then echo "SUCCESS" else echo "FAILURE" fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies
xjack(6x)							XScreenSaver manual							 xjack(6x)

NAME
xjack - all work and no play makes jack a dull boy SYNOPSIS
xjack [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-delay usecs] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. XENVIRONMENT All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997 by Jamie Zawinski. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a fnord dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, 15-Nov-97. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) xjack(6x)