Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: parameters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parameters Post 302079349 by reborg on Sunday 9th of July 2006 06:38:59 PM
Old 07-09-2006
bash/ksh

Code:
a="$*"
if [[ ${#a} -eq $(expr "$a" : '[0-9 ]*') ]] ; then
        echo numbers
else
        echo non-number
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Parameters Help.

I can test for one parameter but anything more then that and I get an Error. I forgot I run this batch in a shell #!/bin/sh ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Write a batch program that accepts a keyword as a parameter and finds all the files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2006
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input parameters

I have a script which take 3 input parameters 1st - a date (i.e. current date) 2nd - type (i.e. A) 3rd - limit (i.e. 40) normally the date parameter would be current date, so I thought I could do this calculate.sh $(date +%Y-%m-%d) A 40 however, it seems like it can't be done,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Need to look at Kernel parameters

Hello all, Can anyone tell me the command line I can use to look at the following Kernel parameters: nfile maxfile maxfile_lim I'm using the Reflection manager connection to my Unix box so I can't use SAM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: impunchdrunk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameters

i'm supposed to come up with a script that -accepts a directory as an optional command line parameter -display an error message and terminates if more than one parameter is provided -use the current directory if no parameter is provided -displays an error message and terminates if the provided... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaay
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

More than nine parameters

Hi, please tell me the systax for passing 11 variables(including 4compulsory variables) in shell program. ORA_USERPASS=`echo $1` USERID=`echo $2` USERNAME=`echo $3` REQUESTID=`echo $4` P5=`echo $5` P6=`echo $6` P7=`echo $7` P8=`echo $8` P9=`echo $9` shift P10=`echo $9` shift... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitha126
3 Replies

6. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Kernel Parameters

Dear All, I have weblogic Portal Installed in the Server solaris 10. How can i verify whether all the kernel parameters are available for this Software and also another question is How to crosscheck a server ( Solaris 10 Sparc ) whether it has all the required kernel parameters. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Playing with parameters

Can someone help me of doing something like this send.sh #!/bin/bash for last; do true; done echo $* | gammu sendsms TEXT $last every thing is good except that when i launch the script like this ./send.sh This is the message i want to send +63922XXXXXXX it turned out the message of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arturo322
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

parameters file

Hi, on AIX 6.1 I have a shell script that calls another shell which have some parameters. Say like the following : ##This is main script############ myparameters.sh command1 command2 ..... .... And here myparameteres.sh : export ORACLE_SID=MYDB export... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting parameters

Hi, I have 2 scripts one master.sh and child.sh. The master runs on a separate server and pushes the child script to the desginated server and runs it.The child script configures the designated server for our day to day use and it has lot of interactive questions which help the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a12ka4
4 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.10 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)