Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What is the meaning of "tab" in script ? Post 302079339 by Hitori on Sunday 9th of July 2006 03:12:00 PM
Old 07-09-2006

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple script to find the number of "tab"s...but,...

------------------------------ $x=" hi"; $tabspace=0; while ($x =~ /\t/g ) { $tabspace++; } print $tabspace; --------------------------------- 1.)when i tried it without "g" ($x = ~/\t/ )... when i run the script it utilizes around 95% cpu and system hangs and i did "End process"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meaning of $var->{"@$row[0]"}=" "; ???

while (my $row = $sth->fetchrow_arrayref) { $var->{"@$row"}=" "; } Can anyone help me understanding above mentioned. i) As per my knowledge $row is taking ARRAY Refernce from the database ii) @$row is containing the value of 0th index of the array, testted the same. but I am not able... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaigs_27
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of "> /dev/null 2>&1"

Hi, I am new into UNIX shell scripting and I am wondering what is the meaning of the below text which appears at the end of each line in the ".sh" file: > /dev/null 2>&1 For example, the line below: sh $HOME/stats/Rep777/Act_777.sh omc omc > /dev/null 2>&1 I know for sure what "sh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: salanalani
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the meaning of "!:*" in "alias foo 'command\!:*' filename"

Hi: How can I remove my own post? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of "b" modifier in "sort" command

I need to sort the following file by the rhdiskpower devices in the last column: Total_MB Free_MB OS_MB Name Failgroup Library Label UDID Product Redund Path 1024 851 1024 OCRVOT1_0000 OCRVOT1_0000 System UNKNOWN ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjssj
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable "##*", "% *" meaning

Hi, What means "##*", "% *" in a variable?? I have this in the script that i'm reading: ... read line echo $line echo ${line#* } echo ${line##* } echo ${line% * } ... The first print: DN: RCROOT ONRM_ROOT_MO SNW ONRM_ROOT_MO BSC BSCCC2 BTS ALTOHATILLONOR The second print:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darocham
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the meaning of "-s" option in "if" statement?

Hi Guys, I'm sorry but I can't find answer for this, what is the meaning of -s option in "if" statement on unix scipting. Please see sample below: opath=/home/output for i in N1 N2 N3 N4 do echo $i if then grep $i $opath/N5_CRAI > $opath/N5_$i.crai chmod 777 $opath/N5_$i.crai ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
catch(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  catch(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
catch - Evaluate script and trap exceptional returns SYNOPSIS
catch script ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The catch command may be used to prevent errors from aborting command interpretation. Catch calls the Tcl interpreter recursively to exe- cute script, and always returns without raising an error, regardless of any errors that might occur while executing script. If script raises an error, catch will return a non-zero integer value corresponding to one of the exceptional return codes (see tcl.h for the definitions of code values). If the varName argument is given, then the variable it names is set to the error message from interpret- ing script. If script does not raise an error, catch will return 0 (TCL_OK) and set the variable to the value returned from script. Note that catch catches all exceptions, including those generated by break and continue as well as errors. The only errors that are not caught are syntax errors found when the script is compiled. This is because the catch command only catches errors during runtime. When the catch statement is compiled, the script is compiled as well and any syntax errors will generate a Tcl error. EXAMPLES
The catch command may be used in an if to branch based on the success of a script. if { [catch {open $someFile w} fid] } { puts stderr "Could not open $someFile for writing $fid" exit 1 } The catch command will not catch compiled syntax errors. The first time proc foo is called, the body will be compiled and a Tcl error will be generated. proc foo {} { catch {expr {1 +- }} } SEE ALSO
error(n), break(n), continue(n) KEYWORDS
catch, error Tcl 8.0 catch(n)