Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming g++ is OK while gcc is failed Post 302079304 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 8th of July 2006 09:48:26 PM
Old 07-08-2006
Why is it that you can only use gcc? Sounds like homework....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking with gcc

Forgive as I am new to the gcc compiler and to linux. I am trying to compile/link a program for the first time and am receiving an error complaining about the crtbegin.o file. I use the -v option and get the following: Using built-in specs. Configured with: ../configure --enable-threads=posix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbeauchamp
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc and gcc not found

I am trying to compile c files using cc and gcc commands but getting errors cc and gcc not found. I tried man cc and man gcc still not found. Can somebody help me this problem. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asif iqbal
3 Replies

3. Programming

Gcc

Dear all, Any body please guide, i require a C which will run in Linux environment. Its urgent please. warm regards, Senthil K (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Senthil
1 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

6. Solaris

command 'cc' failed even though gcc is installed

I'm trying to build some python modules on a Solaris 10 machine. It has gcc as /usr/sfw/bin/gcc. # CC=gcc python setup.py build running build running build_py running build_ext cc -c actread.c -o actread.o unable to execute cc: No such file or directory error: command 'cc' failed with exit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with gcc and g++

Hi, I have recently got a job in unix, now training is going on and we have been practicing on telnet, so to practice at home I have installed vmware(virtual machine) and planning to download ubuntu. So my doubt is that whether I can write c and cpp progs in vi editor and can I run them by default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal.973s
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

9. AIX

Relocateable GCC!!!!

Gurus, This might be a piece of cake for you guys! But I have been ransacking the web (and my brain - no hardwork there!) to see if I could get my hands around a relocateable version of GCC - why so?? from compile problems I am facing, it is evident my current gcc version is clearly not... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: getback0
15 Replies

10. Programming

Gcc with pipe

I want to compile all files in my directory i wrote find *.c | gcc -o * *.c but it dosent work :( Help pliz (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rzili
12 Replies
CXXTESTGEN(1)							    User Manual 						     CXXTESTGEN(1)

NAME
cxxtestgen - Generates test source files for CxxTest SYNOPSIS
cxxtestgen [options] [-o output] <file> ... DESCRIPTION
This script parses the files provided and generates an output source file that can be build with traditional compiler to produce the test- runner executable. OPTIONS
-h --help Show help message and exit. --version Write the CxxTest version. -o NAME --output=NAME Write output to file NAME. -w WORLD --world=WORLD The label of the tests, used to name the XML results. --include=HEADER Include file HEADER in the test runner before other headers. --abort-on-fail Abort tests on failed asserts (like xUnit). --main=MAIN Specify an alternative name for the main() function. --headers=FILENAME Specify a filename that contains a list of header files that are processed to generate a test runner. --runner=CLASS Create a test runner that processes test events using the class CxxTest::CLASS. The currently available runners are: - ErrorPrinter This is the standard error printer, which formats its output to the standard output stream (std::cout). Same as --error-printer. - ParenPrinter Identical to ErrorPrinter except that it prints line numbers in parantheses. This is the way Visual Studio expects it. - StdioPrinter The same as ErrorPrinter except that it uses printf instead of std::cout. - XmlPrinter Print test results to an XML file. - XUnitPrinter This test listener generates output using both ErrorPrinter and XmlPrinter. Same as --xunit-printer. --gui=CLASS Create a GUI test runner that processes test events using the class CxxTest::CLASS. (deprecated) --error-printer Create a test runner using the ErrorPrinter class, and allow the use of the standard library. --xunit-printer Create a test runner using the XUnitPrinter class. --xunit-file=XUNIT-FILE The file to which the XML summary is written for test runners using the XUnitPrinter class. The default XML filename is TEST-<WORLD>.xml, where <WORLD> is the value of the --world option. (default: cxxtest) --have-std Use the standard library (even if not found in tests). --no-std Do not use standard library (even if found in tests). --have-eh Use exception handling (even if not found in tests). --no-eh Do not use exception handling (even if found in tests). --longlong=TYPE Use TYPE as for long long integers. The default is for 'no' long long integer type to be specified, which is consistent with the current C++ standard. --no-static-init Do not rely on static initialization in the test runner. --template=TEMPLATE Generate the test runner using file TEMPLATE to define a template. --root Write the main() function and global data for a test runner. --part Write the tester classes for a test runner. -f --fog-parser Use new FOG C++ parser (Python 2.7 is required). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Sandia Corporation This software is distributed under the LGPL License v2.1 Under the terms of Contract DE-AC04-94AL85000 with Sandia Corporation, the U.S. Government retains certain rights in this software This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY. CxxTest generator version 4 2012-01-06 CXXTESTGEN(1)