Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ok im like lost and confused!! Post 302079270 by dsbeerf on Saturday 8th of July 2006 01:50:56 AM
Old 07-08-2006
Well, to get to THIS site (and the other one) you must have "logged in" to some UNIX machine. [Or else the question should be put to a Windows site!]

So you are already "accessing your UNIX account" (I HOPE) !

The number of things you have to know, and be able to check on (and modify) are way too many for me to enumerate here.
BUT, since you have (I HOPE) *met* that first requirement of the web site that is taking you step-by-step through building your own web site, THAT place may be your best bet. Or a book, . . .

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

confused,,,,

Hi,,, is there any possibility to install Linux in my P.C which is use Win98 without loose anything from my hard disk???? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Is it better for a newbie in this kind of OS to install Linux instead of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spyros
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

confused

hi! how when i'm chattin inside com there was this chatter andi don't know what he did but he saw all my files inside my shell. what did he do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hapiworm
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

confused with cp

may i know what cp $1 $2 $0 $2 does? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
12 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lost Data Lost Admin

First time so excuse my ignorance please. I may not be accurately describing the issue. I have inherited a small lab mostly SUN V120s. We lost power and are trying to recover. Nope no backups... The primary issue I have is 1 box is an Oracle Server. It has 2 36Gb harddrives. I am able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphsr
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

confused

A red hat linux ftp server exists in which a file exists. My problem is I need to connect to this server from my windows xp terminal which is in the same network & retrieve the file then convert it to xcel for some data Pls advs commands and procedure to connect to the machine...oh my god... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sauravjung
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Confused c#t#d#s#

I am confused c#t#d#s# once I learn the following : slice 0 ...... 0 to 2520 slice 1....... 2521 to 2840 slice 6........2841 to 8891 slice 2........0 to 8891 really really confused. Please explain. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: deltakutty
8 Replies

7. Ubuntu

New and Confused

Hello, I am having a problem with Dual Booting Windows XP Pro and Linux Mint. I have Three Hard Drives, One Hard Drive has Linux Mint Loaded on it. When it is hooked up to the computer by itself it works great. This is an IDE Drive. The Second Hard Drive has Window XP Pro loaded on it.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Forextrading
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confused with if/then

Hi All, I'm pretty new to this so please bear with me... I'm trying to write a bash script to first search in a file for a string of characters; if the characters exist than skip the rest of the code until you get to the last line and run that command /sbdin/ldconfig; if the string doesn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmdune
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lost and Confused.. .How to connect.. Setting username and Pw

I am a new UNIX user. Meaning I have never used it before. So I have downloaded putty to use. Then on the configuration it says what? It says host name or IP address. Which hostname do I use. Its just me at home only using it. Can I use my website has a connection. If so how. Then where do I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xmtxm
2 Replies
RDEBSUMS(1)							 Recursive debsums						       RDEBSUMS(1)

NAME
rdebsums - a recursive debsums SYNOPSIS
rdebsums --help | [ debsum options ] [ --others ] package DESCRIPTION
rdebsums runs debsums(1) over a given package and all its dependencies. It can be used to make sure a problem with a package is not due to file corruption. All but the last element of the command-line and options understood by rdebsums are sent to debsums(1). OPTIONS
--help Prints a short help text --others Also runs debsums on Recommended and Suggested packages. EXAMPLES
Check the package aptitude and all its dependencies: rdebsums aptitude The same while being significantly less verbose rdebsums -s aptitude BUGS
rdebsums is quite slow - essentially due to dpkg-query not being extremely fast. Currently, rdebsums will be confused by virtual packages. --others is actually nearly useless, as you often end up checking nearly all packages. You'll most probably win time by running debsums without arguments. AUTHOR
rdebsums was written by Vincent Fourmond <fourmond@debian.org> SEE ALSO
debsums(1), dpkg-query(1) Version 0.1 2007-03-29 RDEBSUMS(1)