Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to check Virtual NIC card speed on solaris Post 302079056 by pray44u on Thursday 6th of July 2006 03:00:48 PM
Old 07-06-2006
Sorry to confuse .they have Virtual IP's.
Well how can I see the speed/setting on these NIC's ?
the reason why I am asking is I dont see the /dev/ce* device files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Configuring 1 Nic card with 2 IP addresses and 2 seperate default Gateways in Solaris

Hi ...... I'm trying to configure my Solaris servers with only one NIC card to have 2 IP addresses as well as 2 different default gateways. ( NOT to be confused with multi-pathing - with 2 physical IPs & 1 virtual ip) Thanks, Remi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Remi
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card

how can I determine which NIC card is virtual NIC Card which condition can make a decision Does HP UX have Virtual Network Adapter Concept if ,it has where I can Find if I Install Virutal Network Adapter or which command that i can get it or which software can generate thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

3. Linux

changing speed of NIC Card in linux

Hi, I would like to know how to change the speed of ethernet card in linux? as it is showing auto-neg using mii-tool -v eth0 and my requirement is 100mbps full duplex. Regards, Manoj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

4. Solaris

MAC spoofing a virtual NIC on Solaris 5.0

Hi everybody! I'm facing a problem and I doubt about the solution (I'm not very familiar with old *NIXs). An external network supplier (let's call them "telco") just installed new communication components that filters MAC addresses. I have a Solaris 5 server, with 1 NIC (hte0) which is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Isharfoxat
6 Replies

5. Linux

How to check which NIC Card is used for backups?

I have a linux box with 2 nic cards on it one for prod and one for backup. My question is while the backup are happening how do I determine which nic is used for backups . I would like to run a command so that that I can see the usage in a dynamic fashion. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2prog
7 Replies

6. Solaris

create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10

Hi All, does any body know how to create Virtual NIC in Solaris 10 if any one have good article or reference kindly provide me i try to Google but i didn't find good one (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamisux
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determine the ethernet (NIC) card speed.

Hi, Does anyone know how can I determine the maximum capable speed on a network interface card for different OS like HP, Sun, AIX and Linux. I am aware of the tool "ethtool" which can be used for Linux. Are there any handly commands or /proc files where I can get this info depending on the OS.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devtakh
3 Replies

8. Solaris

nic card undetectable in solaris X86

Hi All, I am unable to detect NIC card in solaris 10 installed on X86 system after installation, every thing is installed properly, i have check bios settings in which it is detectable. I suspect we have selected NETWORKED option as NO during installation.How to conform whether we have selected... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravijanjanam12
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Supporting NIC speed

Hi, I have few Solaris (9 and 10) servers, whose consoles are running on 10 MBPs. Now, Network team is changing their switch, which doesn't support 10 MBPs and we need to check if console all of those servers will support 100MBPs or more. Is there any way to check supported (or maximum supported)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Finding speed of NIC Card

Hi, I would like to know how to find out ACTUAL speed of NIC Card. I have used the command ethtool eth0, it is showing supported modes, but what is acutal speed ? how to find out? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)