Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX shell scripting for retrieving from oracle Post 302079037 by tmarikle on Thursday 6th of July 2006 12:06:03 PM
Old 07-06-2006
Jim,

I must not have been as clear as I thought, that's actually what I was trying to communicate to the OP. Smilie I was trying to point it out but also prompt an answer so that perhaps the OP could see his own error. Oh well, perhaps next time I'll be more plain. Smilie

Thomas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix and Oracle scripting

Hello all, I have a script that is fully functional and satisfactory in oracle. I recently started spooling it's output into unix for processing and manipulation. I do have a few problems however: The output of some columns are altered in the unix output: 1) On oracle, the date comes with a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting with Oracle...

Hi guys, I have searched all the forums and searched the net as much as possible, but I carn't find any tutorials about shell scripting with Oracle. Has anyone come across any? Thanks for reading and in advance of posts, B14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need urgently for oracle cursors in k shell scripting

Hi, My Oracle Stored procedure returns sys_refcursor to shell script. I have to iterate through it in script and use those retrieved values further in my script. I am using K Shell Scrpting. Stored Procedure is: create or replace PROCEDURE p_test(job_id IN VARCHAR2, c1 OUT SYS_REFCURSOR)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for shell scripting for oracle.

Hi, Please see contains both files created for automating the data from oracle through shell. 1)a_p.ksh #!/bin/ksh LOG=/home/A_P.log MESSAGE=/home/MESSAGE_A_P.txt mail_list=/home/AP_MAIL_LIST.txt data=/home/spooled_A_P.log echo "`date` Starting execution for A_P COUNT" > $LOG ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scope of oracle plsql development /unix shell scripting

I am working in production support in an leading bank and more of my job is more in oracle/plsql. I am learning unix shell scripting and have started development in the same.I would like to know regarding the scope of these two in the industry.Also would like to know about other scripting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesthomas
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update a Oracle table through shell scripting?

My Code is get_week_date() { `sqlplus -s ${DQM_SQL_LOGON}@${DQM_SID} << EOF SET ECHO OFF SET FEEDBACK OFF SET PAGES 0 SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SET VERIFY OFF SET TRIMSPOOL ON (update file_level_qc fq set FQ.DATA_FILE_NAME='Hyvee_Pharmacy_Solutions_201304_v1.txt'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick.cho
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle cursors in UNIX shell scripting

Hello, I need to get all the members information from an oracle table whose flag value is enabled. Later on i need to perform several computation based upon the flag value and other columns. For example, Member ID Flag Frequency date 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krishraj
2 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Creation of Oracle table through shell scripting

Hi, I am trying to create a table through shell scripting . I used a command sqlplus -s to connect to sqlplus and user as sysdba. but there is a problem in it. can anyone please solve this . #!/bin/bash $(`sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<eof create table sample (id,int); insert into sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Export Oracle multiple tables to multiple csv files using UNIX shell scripting

Hello All, just wanted to export multiple tables from oracle sql using unix shell script to csv file and the below code is exporting only the first table. Can you please suggest why? or any better idea? export FILE="/abc/autom/file/geo_JOB.csv" Export= `sqlplus -s dev01/password@dEV3... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
16 Replies
RRDp(3) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   RRDp(3)

NAME
RRDp - Attach RRDtool from within a perl script via a set of pipes; SYNOPSIS
use RRDp RRDp::start path to RRDtool executable RRDp::cmd rrdtool commandline $answer = RRD::read $status = RRD::end $RRDp::user, $RRDp::sys, $RRDp::real, $RRDp::error_mode, $RRDp::error DESCRIPTION
With this module you can safely communicate with the RRDtool. After every RRDp::cmd you have to issue an RRDp::read command to get RRDtools answer to your command. The answer is returned as a pointer, in order to speed things up. If the last command did not return any data, RRDp::read will return an undefined variable. If you import the PERFORMANCE variables into your namespace, you can access RRDtool's internal performance measurements. use RRDp Load the RRDp::pipe module. RRDp::start path to RRDtool executable start RRDtool. The argument must be the path to the RRDtool executable RRDp::cmd rrdtool commandline pass commands on to RRDtool. Check the RRDtool documentation for more info on the RRDtool commands. Note: Due to design limitations, RRDp::cmd does not support the "graph -" command - use "graphv -" instead. $answer = RRDp::read read RRDtool's response to your command. Note that the $answer variable will only contain a pointer to the returned data. The reason for this is, that RRDtool can potentially return quite excessive amounts of data and we don't want to copy this around in memory. So when you want to access the contents of $answer you have to use $$answer which dereferences the variable. $status = RRDp::end terminates RRDtool and returns RRDtool's status ... $RRDp::user, $RRDp::sys, $RRDp::real these variables will contain totals of the user time, system time and real time as seen by RRDtool. User time is the time RRDtool is running, System time is the time spend in system calls and real time is the total time RRDtool has been running. The difference between user + system and real is the time spent waiting for things like the hard disk and new input from the Perl script. $RRDp::error_mode and $RRDp::error If you set the variable $RRDp::error_mode to the value 'catch' before you run RRDp::read a potential ERROR message will not cause the program to abort but will be returned in this variable. If no error occurs the variable will be empty. $RRDp::error_mode = 'catch'; RRDp::cmd qw(info file.rrd); print $RRDp::error if $RRDp::error; EXAMPLE
use RRDp; RRDp::start "/usr/local/bin/rrdtool"; RRDp::cmd qw(create demo.rrd --step 100 DS:in:GAUGE:100:U:U RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:10); $answer = RRDp::read; print $$answer; ($usertime,$systemtime,$realtime) = ($RRDp::user,$RRDp::sys,$RRDp::real); SEE ALSO
For more information on how to use RRDtool, check the manpages. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> perl v5.12.1 2010-03-22 RRDp(3)