Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Printer prints blank pages
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Printer prints blank pages Post 302079006 by George26 on Thursday 6th of July 2006 10:13:52 AM
Old 07-06-2006
Question Printer prints blank pages

Hello Everyone Smilie ,

I have this printer installed on the network which is an HP 1160.

When sending a print job to the printer from SCO Unix 7.1 it prints one line of text and the rest of it comes up with blank pages.

I have tried deleting the printer and recreating it; but I am getting the same resultes. I have created a test file with 5 pages and sent it to the printer, and I am receiving the same with the exception of garbled text on one line of each page. The garbled text appears as wing dings.

Does anyone have any ideas what may be happening and how can I correct this?

Any help is appreciated. Smilie Smilie

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

2. AIX

printer tray and blank separator issues

Hi, I experience some issues with my new print queues that I created in AIX (smitty). This following print queue is dedicated to print on tray 1 and the user have to put the paper manually, the jobs should be executed without separator page. But when we print on this queue, the job is executed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imad77
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX printer and extra blank page after each print

Guy's I have installed AIX direct Network printer as the below details.... printer1 hp@printer1 hplj-3 (HP-GL/2) Printer is printing fain and clearly but it's printing extra blank page after each print ? What's the couse of this problem ? Pls advice ! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
6 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

netcat prints blank pages

Please direct me to the right forum tree if i am in the wrong section for this. i have netcat on a unix machine and there is no man nc or man netcat available. my command i am using is: cat $FILE1 | netcat -h $PRINTER -p 9100 (-h -p -d are the only flags available in this version of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunpealslyr
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Printer Issue: Blank Page Printing.

We have configured Network printers in AIX 6.1. We are facing a Weird problem in Printing. While printing the user is getting a blank page after 2 pages. Please let us know the cause of this issue and ways to rectify it. If this is problem with banner/feeds how to view the default banner... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sugan_p
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Script issue - Prints pages with jibberish...

Hi all, I have a script from a programmer, for which I need to analyze a problem. The script gathers audit info and prints out the results. Two different departments use it, on two different printers. In the script department the there are no issues. In the other department the same script... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
10 Replies

7. Solaris

Printer (lpadmin) error - blank pages PS/PCL

Help! I have to solve an urgent problem! I have a Solaris 10 server, where I created a line of printing with the command # /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p IL_Printer -s pv24002 -v /dev/null -m netstandard_foomatic -A write -n /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/Canon/cnl66e1.ppd.gz -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file

Hi Gurus, Somebody can say me how to delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file unix, please. Thank you for advanced. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check Blank Lines, Blank Records and Junk Characters in a File

Hi All Need Help I have a file with the below format (ABC.TXT) : ®¿¿ABCDHEJJSJJ|XCBJSKK01|M|7348974982790 HDFLJDKJSKJ|KJALKSD02|M|7378439274898 KJHSAJKHHJJ|LJDSAJKK03|F|9898982039999 (cont......) I need to write a script where it will check for : blank lines (between rows,before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
6 Replies
classes.conf(5) 						    Apple Inc.							   classes.conf(5)

NAME
classes.conf - class configuration file for cups DESCRIPTION
The classes.conf file defines the local printer classes that are available. It is normally located in the /etc/cups directory and is gener- ated automatically by the cupsd(8) program when printer classes are added or deleted. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
<Class name> ... </Class> Defines a specific printer class. <DefaultClass name> ... </Class> Defines a default printer class. Accepting Yes Accepting No Specifies whether the printer is accepting new jobs. AllowUser [ user @group ... ] Allows specific users and groups to print to the printer. DenyUser [ user @group ... ] Prevents specific users and groups from printing to the printer. Info text Specifies human-readable text describing the printer. JobSheets banner banner Specifies the banner pages to use for the printer. KLimit number Specifies the job-k-limit value for the printer. Location text Specifies human-readable text describing the location of the printer. OpPolicy name Specifies the operation policy for the printer. PageLimit number Specifies the job-page-limit value for the printer. Printer Specifies a printer that is a member of the printer class. QuotaPeriod seconds Specifies the job-quota-period value for the printer. Shared Yes Shared No Specifies whether the printer is shared. State idle State stopped Specifies the initial state of the printer (Idle or Stopped) StateMessage text Specifies the message associated with the state. StateTime seconds Specifies the date/time associated with the state. SEE ALSO
cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), printers.conf(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 29 April 2009 CUPS classes.conf(5)