Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help to retrive data from log file Post 302078977 by d_swapneel14 on Thursday 6th of July 2006 04:57:27 AM
Old 07-06-2006
Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot for your time and advise

Regards,
Swapneel

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Retrive deleted file's info

I have shell script which reads files, stores its data into Oracle and then deletes tht file. now i want to know creation date and time of deleted files. can we do this? if yes then how? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asmita
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to retrive data that appear only once in a file.

hi, I need to get the list of functions that are used more than once in a file list. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anibu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrive lines from a file using AWK command

Dear friends, please tell me how to get some required lines from a file and write to another file using AWK command. i.e., if a file contains, abcdefghigk 12345 lmnopqrstuv 678910 wxyz please tell me how to get lines(line count is always 2 and it's contineous) mentioned in blue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swamymns
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrive value from a file

hi i am new to shell scripting i have a properties file like hs=abc hs1=def hs2=ghi now i want to retrive each value and assign it to a variable like var1 = abc please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrive the value returned by a command excuted in a remote server using ssh

Hello Everybody, I'm facing a weird problem with the awk command. I try to retrieve in a variable the value returned by a simple ls command. ls /export/home/tmp |tail -1 return a good value (the name of the . But When I try to execute the same command in a remote server using ssh as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jabarod
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Range of data from a log file .

I am having a log file in which i need a range of data from specific date range. $cat my.log Jan 07 15:39:03 N/A _M_LocalDirectory listFiles(): listing files from dir Jan 07 15:39:03 N/A _w_fm_log:_f_Push() _w_fm_log_export_ftppush(): Files f Jan 07 05:58:35 N/A _w_fm_log_autoexport ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make ls retrive ordered list of elements

Hello friends!! I have a question regarding the use of ls in unix. I have a folder with files: t1.txt t2.txt t3.txt t4.txt ... t10.txt When I make an ls I always get: t10.txt t1.txt t2.txt t3.txt .. t9.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaktiPhoenix
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to retrive data from DB(Aqua studio) in CVS format using UNIX script?

I am using aqua studio DB. I need to retrive the data from my database using uxin script in .csv format. i am using select query along with the joins. my o/p in the DB is of the below format. Cycle IDCycle StatusRecord 98N-0000ACV23-3636FCliet Level (Af)Success1689393HF-J7879-09090RCliet Level... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mugivz
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data sorting out from log file

I have a logfile looks like this: Received request of type I need two write out every line to a new file if contains to a file called the SID name, like 187175558_xyz.txt Thanks for helping! ---------- Post updated at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:10 AM ---------- I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: batka
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a log file and put it in a file

Hi, I would like to seek your help for a script that will extract data from log file and put it in a file. Sample log file 2018-10-23 12:33:21 AI ERROR -- tpid: SAMPLE_TH account: 123456789 aiSessionNumber: 660640464 mapName: xxx to yyy errorDesc: Translation Error:ErrorNumber : 993 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neverwinter112
2 Replies
WHO(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    WHO(1)

NAME
who -- display who is on the system SYNOPSIS
who [-abHmqsTu] [am I] [file] DESCRIPTION
The who utility displays information about currently logged in users. By default, this includes the login name, tty name, date and time of login and remote hostname if not local. The options are as follows: -a Equivalent to -bTu, with the exception that output is not restricted to the time and date of the last system reboot. -b Write the time and date of the last system reboot. -H Write column headings above the output. -m Show information about the terminal attached to standard input only. -q ``Quick mode'': List the names and number of logged in users in columns. All other command line options are ignored. -s Show the name, line and time fields only. This is the default. -T Indicate whether each user is accepting messages. One of the following characters is written: + User is accepting messages. - User is not accepting messages. ? An error occurred. -u Show idle time for each user in hours and minutes as hh:mm, '.' if the user has been idle less than a minute, and ``old'' if the user has been idle more than 24 hours. am I Equivalent to -m. By default, who gathers information from the file /var/run/utx.active. An alternate file may be specified which is usually /var/log/utx.log (or /var/log/utx.log.[0-6] depending on site policy as utx.log can grow quite large and daily versions may or may not be kept around after compression by ac(8)). The utx.log file contains a record of every login, logout, crash, shutdown and date change since utx.log was last truncated or created. If /var/log/utx.log is being used as the file, the user name may be empty or one of the special characters '|', '}' and '~'. Logouts produce an output line without any user name. For more information on the special characters, see getutxent(3). ENVIRONMENT
The COLUMNS, LANG, LC_ALL and LC_TIME environment variables affect the execution of who as described in environ(7). FILES
/var/run/utx.active /var/log/utx.log /var/log/utx.log.[0-6] EXIT STATUS
The who utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
last(1), users(1), w(1), getutxent(3) STANDARDS
The who utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A who command appeared in Version 1 AT&T UNIX. BSD
February 11, 2012 BSD