Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unable to display the date-time in seconds on AIX Post 302078860 by me_haroon on Wednesday 5th of July 2006 05:43:46 AM
Old 07-05-2006
Unable to display the date-time in seconds on AIX

Hi,

In unix the command "date +%s" displays the date-time in seconds since â00:00:00 1970-01-01 UTCâ (a GNU extension)
when executed on unix:
-sh-2.05b$ date +%s

I tried with all the format control output but unable to display the date-time in seconds i,e as in unix format. Can anybody tell me how to display date-time in seconds on AIX or give me the equivalent command as in unix.

Thanks,
Haroon

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to display last login date/time?

I was wondering if anyone had a script that would display the last time a user logged into a particular machine. I know about the "last" command, but it gives too much info.... I just wanted to know the last time a user used his/her id. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Ryan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryaneverett5
3 Replies

2. Solaris

display date n Time

Hi Friends, Can any one guide me regarding 'Display the date and time' command other than the command 'date' thanks n regards SsRrIi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SsRrIi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to display time in minutes n seconds...

Hi all, may i know how to display time in minutes and seconds(may be milliseconds and even smaller that ) in shell scripts.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

date and time to display on the terminal

hi all, am trying to 'grep' some text from a log file and use the 'cut' command to read from that line i just grep'ed to extract date/time and response times. code sniplet i am using is : grep -i 'text to grep' Out.log | while read LINE; do ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to always display date/time regardless of directory?

I found via Google a way to show the date and time stamp once I log in. However, whenever I cd to another directory it doesn't display the correct path. Here are the relevant parts from my .kshrc : unset _h _m _s eval $(date "+_h=%H ;_m=%M ;_s=%S") ((SECONDS =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike F.
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture date/time in seconds in PERL... Cant understand errors

I'm Using this script to find the time of a file. I'm very much new to PERL and found this script posted by some one on this forum. It runs perfectly fine, just that it gives me following errors with the accurate output as well. I jus want the output to be stored in another file so that i can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display yesterday Date in AIX

Hi, I need help to display the yesterday date in format mentioned below: 2012-06-26-PMI tried this but it displays current date: `date +%Y-%m-%d-%p` (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Date and Time in GDB

In gdb is there any way we can display date/time in first column while debugging or is there any command which will print date/time? I am asking this just to know when exactly a breakpoint got hit. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time in seconds on AIX 4.3.2.0

Hi to everybody again i Need your help, i wasting hours but can't find a solutuin for my Problem. I am not an expert with AIX script programming. I have a csh script and i need the time in seconds but since i have an old AIX the Option -%s doesnot exist with the date command. I seach in Google... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadielosabra
13 Replies
Template::Plugin::Date(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Template::Plugin::Date(3pm)

NAME
Template::Plugin::Date - Plugin to generate formatted date strings SYNOPSIS
[% USE date %] # use current time and default format [% date.format %] # specify time as seconds since epoch # or as a 'h:m:s d-m-y' or 'y-m-d h:m:s' string [% date.format(960973980) %] [% date.format('4:20:36 21/12/2000') %] [% date.format('2000/12/21 4:20:36') %] # specify format [% date.format(mytime, '%H:%M:%S') %] # specify locale [% date.format(date.now, '%a %d %b %y', 'en_GB') %] # named parameters [% date.format(mytime, format = '%H:%M:%S') %] [% date.format(locale = 'en_GB') %] [% date.format(time = date.now, format = '%H:%M:%S', locale = 'en_GB) %] # specify default format to plugin [% USE date(format = '%H:%M:%S', locale = 'de_DE') %] [% date.format %] ... DESCRIPTION
The "Date" plugin provides an easy way to generate formatted time and date strings by delegating to the "POSIX" "strftime()" routine. The plugin can be loaded via the familiar USE directive. [% USE date %] This creates a plugin object with the default name of '"date"'. An alternate name can be specified as such: [% USE myname = date %] The plugin provides the "format()" method which accepts a time value, a format string and a locale name. All of these parameters are optional with the current system time, default format ('"%H:%M:%S %d-%b-%Y"') and current locale being used respectively, if undefined. Default values for the time, format and/or locale may be specified as named parameters in the "USE" directive. [% USE date(format = '%a %d-%b-%Y', locale = 'fr_FR') %] When called without any parameters, the "format()" method returns a string representing the current system time, formatted by "strftime()" according to the default format and for the default locale (which may not be the current one, if locale is set in the "USE" directive). [% date.format %] The plugin allows a time/date to be specified as seconds since the epoch, as is returned by "time()". File last modified: [% date.format(filemod_time) %] The time/date can also be specified as a string of the form "h:m:s d/m/y" or "y/m/d h:m:s". Any of the characters : / - or space may be used to delimit fields. [% USE day = date(format => '%A', locale => 'en_GB') %] [% day.format('4:20:00 9-13-2000') %] Output: Tuesday A format string can also be passed to the "format()" method, and a locale specification may follow that. [% date.format(filemod, '%d-%b-%Y') %] [% date.format(filemod, '%d-%b-%Y', 'en_GB') %] A fourth parameter allows you to force output in GMT, in the case of seconds-since-the-epoch input: [% date.format(filemod, '%d-%b-%Y', 'en_GB', 1) %] Note that in this case, if the local time is not GMT, then also specifying '%Z' (time zone) in the format parameter will lead to an extremely misleading result. Any or all of these parameters may be named. Positional parameters should always be in the order "($time, $format, $locale)". [% date.format(format => '%H:%M:%S') %] [% date.format(time => filemod, format => '%H:%M:%S') %] [% date.format(mytime, format => '%H:%M:%S') %] [% date.format(mytime, format => '%H:%M:%S', locale => 'fr_FR') %] [% date.format(mytime, format => '%H:%M:%S', gmt => 1) %] ...etc... The "now()" method returns the current system time in seconds since the epoch. [% date.format(date.now, '%A') %] The "calc()" method can be used to create an interface to the "Date::Calc" module (if installed on your system). [% calc = date.calc %] [% calc.Monday_of_Week(22, 2001).join('/') %] The "manip()" method can be used to create an interface to the "Date::Manip" module (if installed on your system). [% manip = date.manip %] [% manip.UnixDate("Noon Yesterday","%Y %b %d %H:%M") %] AUTHORS
Thierry-Michel Barral wrote the original plugin. Andy Wardley provided some minor fixups/enhancements, a test script and documentation. Mark D. Mills cloned "Date::Manip" from the "Date::Calc" sub-plugin. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2007 Thierry-Michel Barral, Andy Wardley. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin, POSIX perl v5.14.2 2012-01-13 Template::Plugin::Date(3pm)