Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers download files from direct links tool? Post 302078717 by grial on Tuesday 4th of July 2006 07:20:26 AM
Old 07-04-2006
Yes, wget. http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/
Regards.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

direct transmission of files via TCP/IP

Hi, is it possible to write files via write() to a socket and read it on the other side via read(), without going through buffers? Iif not via write() and read() are there other possibilities? thanks darkspace (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkspace
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Query:links to download gdb HPUX

Hi, If any one has idea regarding the link to download the following version of gdb HP gdb 3.2 for PA-RISC 1.1 or 2.0 (narrow), HP-UX 11.00 Thanx & Regards... P (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Direct the invalid lines to a separate files

Hi, I have a pipe delimited file with 1 million records. I need to validate each line by counting the number of delimiters, if any line fails to have the specified number of delimiters, taat line has to be sent to a reject file. Kindly suggest. if code provided, it is highly appreciated, and... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandapani
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Been working since 25+ hrs: Bash Script to rename files supposedly direct but difficult to execute

:wall::wall::wall: Hi I have horrible script below, need help in renaming ls -l output into new filename format: Desired output: cp -pv original_path/.* newDirectory/owner_of_file.%dd%mm%y.file_extension.first_8_characters_of_original_filename localuser@localuser:~ vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect Direct for copying files from Mainframes to UNIX

Hai Friends, Please help me in providing unix shell script for pulling data from mainframe dataset to unix using connect direct (NDM). Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating sed Direct Input to Direct Output

Hi guys, been scratching round the forums and my mountain of resources. Maybe I havn't read deep enough My question is not how sed edits a stream and outputs it to a file, rather something like this below: I have a .txt with some text in it :rolleyes: abc:123:xyz 123:abc:987... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the0nion
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Globbling files in the direct subdirectory of the current directory

I want to list files that end with .c in the direct subdirectory of the current directory. I have tried the following command: find ./ -mindepth 2 -maxdepth 2 -name "*.c" Is that right? Or is there any easier way to handle that problem? Another problem is that I want to grep in a file to find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ray Sun
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop in bash - Direct output to two files

Hello all, i have a code in which when doing a for loop, i need to direct the output to two files, one just a single output, the other to always append (historical reasons). So far i managed to do the following, which is working, but am still considering it as "dirty". ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
4 Replies
ADVISE(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4						      ADVISE(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_advise() - Controls use of direct task-to-task routing. [In Version 3.2: Replaced by pvm_setopt] SYNOPSIS
C int info = pvm_advise( int route ) Fortran call pvmfadvise( route, info ) PARAMETERS
route Integer advising PVM to set up direct task-to-task links. route options PvmDontRoute 1 Don't allow direct links to this task PvmAllowDirect 2 Allow but don't request direct links PvmRouteDirect 3 Request direct links info Integer returning error status. DESCRIPTION
The routine pvm_advise advises PVM on whether or not to set up direct task-to-task links (using TCP) for all subsequent communication. Once a link is established it remains until the application finishes. If a direct link can not be established because one of the two tasks has requested PvmDontRoute or because no resources are available, then the default route through the PVM daemons is used. pvm_advise can be called multiple times to selectively establish direct links, but is typically set only once near the beginning of each task. PvmAllowDi- rect is the default advise setting. This setting on task A allows other tasks to set up direct links to A. Once a direct link is estab- lished between tasks both tasks will use it for sending messages. pvm_advise returns the error status in info. The performance of direct task-to-task links can be up to a factor of two better than the default route. The draw back is a lack of scalability of the direct links. Some versions of UNIX limit the number of links to no more than 30. EXAMPLES
C: info = pvm_advise( PvmRouteDirect ); Fortran: CALL PVMFADVISE( PVMROUTEDIRECT, INFO ) ERRORS
This error condition can be returned by pvm_advise PvmBadParam giving an invalid route value. SEE ALSO
pvm_setopt(3PVM) 30 August, 1993 ADVISE(3PVM)