Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming program to transfer a file from client machine to server Post 302078711 by nathgopi214 on Tuesday 4th of July 2006 06:16:58 AM
Old 07-04-2006
Alarm management

Need to know the high level design and releated stuffs to implement alarm management in L2 switch..which will include alarm masking,alarm hierarchy,alarm Filtering,alarm logging...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

client-server message transfer

using fork().how do v send and receive messages in child and parent process. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnavel
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Explor the Unix server on Windows Client machine

Hi, I am doin a project that'll work as a normal Explorer on Windows but the best thing is it'll be exploring the content of a UNIX server. The application would be runnin on the windows platform with probably a FTP server on UNIX server. How i should proceed? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziaullahk
2 Replies

3. Programming

Client - server program

i came acors this coding when surfin the net.this code works perfectly.but as i am new to this socket programming i need sm coments quoted on it or explanation regarding this source code. i have prb understanding the server.c i have posted it below can u guys help me !!!! cheerZ The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to shutdown client machine from the server

I have a unix server through which some ten client machines are connected. I want to shutdown/restart all the machine from the server through the shell script during the particular time of the day. I welcome your suggestions. Thanks in advance. With regards Victor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mvictorvijayan
1 Replies

5. Programming

Server client program

hi guys, I need the code for a server client registration form.The server must ask for authentication .Then the client would send in data. This is stored in a file .The server sends back a receipt to the client as part of the payment done. plz can some 1 get me the code... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pip3r
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutting down a client machine from server using scripts

Hi, i have several client machines connected to a server..how do i shutdown a specific client from server using shell scripts?? is it possible to use socket programming to establish a connection before doing this? (need a code in 'c') thanking you tanvi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanvi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from Windows machine to Linux server

Hi guys, I need to send a txt file from a windows machine to Linux server. Any help is appreciated.... Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
3 Replies

8. Solaris

machine server and machine client

Hello, i need to create a communication between two machines solaris 2 installed in VM workstation; to begin with NFS and do these : Machine A : share -F nfs /opt and in Machine B : mount -F nfs machineA:/opt /mnt also share -F nfs -o rw=machineB /opt and in B mount -F nfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SOAP Client server program

Hi, I have taken the below code from Quick Start with SOAP - Perl.com and modified to my requirement.Server program runs without error.I have kept Demo.pm under /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin directory.When I run the client program I am not getting any output.Whether the client program should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liyakathali
1 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service

Hi, Could you please help me with the below issue.. I'm running RHEL6 OS on both server (192.168.0.10) and client machines (192.168.0.1). I'm trying to connect to server from the client machine using ftp service. I have installed vsftpd daemon on both the machines. I'm getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
4 Replies
tftp(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   tftp(1)

NAME
tftp - Provides the Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) SYNOPSIS
Interactive form: tftp [remote_host] [port] Command-line form: tftp remote_host [port] -subcommand [args] DESCRIPTION
The tftp command transfers files between hosts using TFTP. Because TFTP is a minimal file transfer protocol, the tftp command does not pro- vide all of the features described under the ftp command. For example, tftp does not provide subcommands to list remote files or change directories at the remote host, and limited file access privileges are given to the remote TFTP server. Note that the tftp command is not available when your host is operating in controlled access (secure) mode. The remote host must have a tftpd server started by its inetd server and have an account defined that limits the access of tftpd. Use the tftpd command to set up the TFTP environment and the nobody account. The tftp command has two forms: interactive form and command line form. In the interactive form, tftp is issued alone or with a host argu- ment that specifies the default host to use for file transfers during this session. You can also specify a port for the tftp connection to use. When you enter the interactive form, the tftp> prompt appears. In the command line form, you specify command arguments on the com- mand line, and no prompt appears. The tftp command can overwrite a file, but prompts you before doing so. When transferring data to a remote host, the transferred data is placed in the directory specified by the remote_file argument. remote_file must be a fully specified filename, and the remote file must both exist and have write permission set for others. The tftp command attempts to write the data to the specified file. However, if the remote TFTP server does not have the appropriate privileges to write the remote file or if the file does not already exist, the transfer fails. SUBCOMMANDS
The tftp subcommands can be entered in either their interactive form or in their command line form. Displays help information. If a sub- command is specified, only information about that subcommand is displayed. Synonym for the mode ascii subcommand. Synonym for the mode binary subcommand. This subcommand is used in the interactive mode. The image mode is the same as mode binary, but is used on the command line. Sets the remote host, and optionally the port, for file transfers. Because the TFTP protocol does not maintain connections between transfers, the connect subcommand does not create a connection to host, but stores the settings for transfer operations. Because the remote host can be specified as part of the get or put subcommands, which overrides any host previously specified, the connect subcommand is not required. Transfers a file or set of files from the remote host to the local host. Each of the remote_file arguments can be speci- fied in one of the following two ways: As a file that exists on the remote host, if a default host was already specified. As host:file, where host is the remote host and file is the name of the file to copy to the local system. If this form of the argument is used, the host specified for the last transfer becomes the default host for subsequent transfers in this tftp session. In either case, remote_file must be a fully-specified filename. Toggles hash marks. Sets the transfer mode to ascii or binary. A transfer mode of ascii is the default. Sets mode to octet. Transfers a file or set of files from the local host onto the remote host. The remote_directory and remote_file arguments can be specified in one of the following two ways: As a file or directory that exists on the remote host, if a default host was already specified. As host:remote_file, where host is the remote host and remote_file is the name of the file or directory on the remote system. If this form of the argument is used, the host specified for the last transfer becomes the default host for subsequent transfers in this tftp session. In either of these cases, the remote filename or directory name must be a full pathname, even if the local and remote directories have the same name. If a remote directory is specified, the remote host is assumed to use UNIX pathname syntax. Exits tftp. An End-of-File also exits the program. Displays transfer rate information. Defines the retransmission time-out for each packet, in seconds. Shows the current status of tftp, including the current transfer mode (ascii or binary), connection status, time-out value, and so on. Sets the total transmission time-out to the number of seconds specified by value. Turns packet tracing on or off. Turns verbose mode, which displays additional information during file transfer, on or off. EXAMPLES
To enter tftp, check the current status, connect to host1, and transfer the file update from host1 to the local host, enter: $ tftp tftp> status Not connected. Mode: netascii Verbose: off Tracing: off Rexmt_interval: 5 seconds, Max-timeout: 25 seconds tftp> connect host1 tftp> get /u/alice/update update tftp> quit $ The get subcommand transfers the file update from the remote host to your local host. Note that the directory /u/alice on the remote host must have read permission set for others. To perform the same operation in command-line mode, enter: $ tftp host1 -status -get /u/alice/update update Connected to host1. Mode: netascii Verbose: off Tracing: off Rexmt_interval: 5 seconds, Max-timeout: 25 seconds To open a tftp connection to host1, set binary mode, transfer the file game.exe from the local host to host1, and rename the file in the process, enter: $ tftp host1 tftp> binary tftp> put game.exe /u/alice/tictactoe.exe The put subcommand transfers the file game.exe from your local host to the remote host as tictactoe.exe. Note that the directory /u/alice on the remote host must have write permission set for others. Also, the file tictactoe.exe must already exist on the server and have write permission set for others. To perform the same operation in command-line mode, enter: $ tftp host1 -binary -put game.exe /u/alice/tictactoe.exe To transfer two files from the local host to two remote hosts, enter: $ tftp tftp> put product.html pricelist.html host1:/u/alice/public_html tftp> put product.html pricelist.html host2:/public/documents The put subcommand transfers the files from your local host to the specified directory on each remote host. Again, the files and directories must already exist on the remote hosts and have write permissions set for others. When the file transfer is complete, the last host, host2, becomes the default host for subsequent transfers in this tftp session. To perform the same operation in command-line mode, enter: $ tftp host1 -put product.html pricelist.html /u/alice/public_html $ tftp host2 -put product.html pricelist.html /public/documents FILES
Defines the address of the local host, and specifies the names and addresses of remote hosts. Defines the sockets and protocols used for Internet services. SEE ALSO
Commands: ftp(1), ftpd(8), inetd(8), rcp(1), syslogd(8), tftpd(8) tftp(1)